Dynadot

question Your favorite Domain Marketplace for Selling Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WebInvestments

Established Member
Impact
I have been observing domain sales thread here and saw many sales coming from Godaddy Auctions and Sedo, the majority from Godaddy Auctions I think. Congrats to all those successful sales fellas.

My questions are, which marketplace worked out well for you guys in terms of receiving inquiries and selling domains in the last three/four months? Godaddy Auctions, Sedo, or both? And for Godaddy Auctions site, which listing option has resulted best in bringing sales, normal listing or premium listing?

I ask this because I have not been actively listing my domains on Godaddy and now I am beginning to realize if I am missing anything big here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In addition to my original thread, do share (if it's OK):

1. average initial offer received on your favorite domain marketplace
2. average price you have sold domain(s) for

Again, if you wish not to share, I surely can respect that. But I just want to evaluate based on others' experience that which domain marketplace is performing better these days.

•••
•••
•••
Flippa, Godaddy so far.

Hate Sedo attitude and support. They are still riding the first entrant advantage, but they are down the hill and always reactive to changes in the industry.

•••
•••
GD, but haven't made a sale yet, since all offers were the minimum offers I set (20$), and they're clearly not the price i'm actually asking.

•••
Well, nothing has worked for me, I have posted my domains on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, Flippa, Bido, Freemarket and there might be others I can't remember. Oh yeah Namerific has the 'pending approval' status for 2 weeks I think. I am getting frustrated and can't figure out how can I get eyeballs on my listings? To clarify, I have posted the free listings on all sites except Godaddy because the fee is just 5$ per year and I can post as many domains I want for free. Even put 1 premium listing on Godaddy but it hasn't made a difference. I have started to think whether I should start a paid auction on Flippa but I am not sure because what if there isn't a higher enough bid or even no bids at all. The re-listing has also been limited to 1 per domain on Flippa.

How do you people get inquiries and offers? Please help.

•••
Well, nothing has worked for me, I have posted my domains on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, Flippa, Bido, Freemarket and there might be others I can't remember. Oh yeah Namerific has the 'pending approval' status for 2 weeks I think. I am getting frustrated and can't figure out how can I get eyeballs on my listings? To clarify, I have posted the free listings on all sites except Godaddy because the fee is just 5$ per year and I can post as many domains I want for free. Even put 1 premium listing on Godaddy but it hasn't made a difference. I have started to think whether I should start a paid auction on Flippa but I am not sure because what if there isn't a higher enough bid or even no bids at all. The re-listing has also been limited to 1 per domain on Flippa.

How do you people get inquiries and offers? Please help.

You should then revisit the quality of your portfolio. You should be selling 1-3% of your portfolio yearly, receiving offers for around 5% of those. It would be hard to get an offer for totallygeared.com. Revo.Agency would be hard to sell until there is a legal entity with the name Revo Agency that did not manage to get RevoAgency.com and/or its country's cctld...

•••
Will try ebay after checking pricing and other stuff. I read on different blogs that it can lead to sales fast.

•••
You should then revisit the quality of your portfolio. You should be selling 1-3% of your portfolio yearly, receiving offers for around 5% of those. It would be hard to get an offer for totallygeared.com. Revo.Agency would be hard to sell until there is a legal entity with the name Revo Agency that did not manage to get RevoAgency.com and/or its country's cctld...

You are absolutely right but hand-registering good names is really tough nowadays and I can't invest too much money to get a big portfolio or buy premium names for hundreds of dollars. I will try to get better names that are still available but I feel that before I invest more, I should make at least a few hundred dollar in sales.

•••

How much time does it take to get that first offer to get the auction to start? Or you start a direct auction for 60$?

•••
Sedo does not work for me. I have strong dislike for their customer service, attitude etc.
Handregs and buying premiums are not the only way to get names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back