IT.COM

discuss Your domaining targets for 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What are your targets for the year 2022 in tangible and non-tangible terms?

Here is mine:

I am going to make at least 10 XXX sales, 4 low X,XXX, 1 mid-high X,XXX sale until June. I will make the strategy for 2nd half of the year thereafter. For that, I will do whatever I have to.
I will be investing 20% of the profits in cryptocurrency.

What are your targets?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are your targets for the year 2022 in tangible and non-tangible terms?

Here is mine:

I am going to make at least 10 XXX sales, 4 low X,XXX, 1 mid-high X,XXX sale until June. I will make the strategy for 2nd half of the year thereafter. For that, I will do whatever I have to.
I will be investing 20% of the profits in cryptocurrency.

What are your targets?

A good magician never reveals his secrets.​

•••
•••
For me, 2022 will be a continual effort to more trim my collection rather than add to it, while still keeping abreast of potential investment opportunities. Over the last two years, have removed 100+ domains from about 400 of them, and added perhaps 10, a mix of hand-registrations and aftermarket purchases.

Still getting a handle on domains that I like, vs domains that others like. I think it's important to know that there is a difference, but also to recognize smoke and mirrors in certain niches.

Mostly, domaining is like keeping house. There is no end game, and it's more about the journey. No matter 2022 or 2030.

•••
My domainer goal for 2022 is to be earning enough money from my domain name portfolio to quit my sh1t job on (or before) Wednesday 1.7.22 and work as a full-time domainer until Saturday 31.12.22. In order to achieve this target I need to earn $ 4000 / month gross and $ 3000 / month net. 40 web sites each average earning $ 100 / month ( $ 3,33 / day ), or through fewer web sites earning average more money / day, or through developed / undeveloped domain name sales. This also includes any digital freelancing work I can secure or any profits made from crypto trading. I really don't care whether its a secure income from domaining because I can get sh1t contract work with one phone call.

Last edited:
•••
I like to concentrate on things that are within my control. Sure I hope to have more sales, but I can't guarantee that.

Anyway, here are a few of my 2022 goals:
  1. Achieve every domain I own properly listed and presented (made progress 2021, but not there).
  2. Sign up for the 2 brandable places I have not used yet, and submit a few.
  3. Somewhat grow .xyz holdings, also my .ca portfolio.
  4. Try to modestly reduce portfolio size and improve quality.
  5. Keep trend toward more renew in advance.
  6. Start something new (shhhh... it is a secret).
  7. Try a bit of paid advertising.
  8. Get rid of some of my weaker names.
  9. Learn more about SEO.
  10. Maybe develop 1-2 domains.
  11. Have fun! :)
Happy 2022 everyone. At least #11 is a slam dunk.

Bob

•••
I like to concentrate on things that are within my control. Sure I hope to have more sales, but I can't guarantee that.

Anyway, here are a few of my 2022 goals:
  1. Achieve every domain I own properly listed and presented (made progress 2021, but not there).
  2. Sign up for the 2 brandable places I have not used yet, and submit a few.
  3. Somewhat grow .xyz holdings, also my .ca portfolio.
  4. Try to modestly reduce portfolio size and improve quality.
  5. Keep trend toward more renew in advance.
  6. Start something new (shhhh... it is a secret).
  7. Try a bit of paid advertising.
  8. Get rid of some of my weaker names.
  9. Learn more about SEO.
  10. Maybe develop 1-2 domains.
  11. Have fun! :)
Happy 2022 everyone. At least #11 is a slam dunk.

Bob
That's a pretty great way of thinking actually. I appreciate you introducing us to this. I should look at my goals this way as well. Will change my goals into more actionable items as well, apart from goal orientation.

•••
For me, 2022 will be a continual effort to more trim my collection rather than add to it, while still keeping abreast of potential investment opportunities. Over the last two years, have removed 100+ domains from about 400 of them, and added perhaps 10, a mix of hand-registrations and aftermarket purchases.

Still getting a handle on domains that I like, vs domains that others like. I think it's important to know that there is a difference, but also to recognize smoke and mirrors in certain niches.

Mostly, domaining is like keeping house. There is no end game, and it's more about the journey. No matter 2022 or 2030.
I like the outlook that you have. I think it is more about what the end-user likes, over anything else! Are you seeing regular/big sales or are you investing for the future?

My domainer goal for 2022 is to be earning enough money from my domain name portfolio to quit my sh1t job on (or before) Wednesday 1.7.22 and work as a full-time domainer until Saturday 31.12.22. In order to achieve this target I need to earn $ 4000 / month gross and $ 3000 / month net. 40 web sites each average earning $ 100 / month ( $ 3,33 / day ), or through fewer web sites earning average more money / day, or through developed / undeveloped domain name sales. This also includes any digital freelancing work I can secure or any profits made from crypto trading. I really don't care whether its a secure income from domaining because I can get sh1t contract work with one phone call.
I think development would suit you more if you are looking to substitute your day job. It takes its own time though! Choose carefully where and how you invest your time.

•••
400K in sales.
Scale up domain acquisition, and
Reinvest everything in domains.

•••
•••
400K in sales.
Woah that's amazing! You have some good targets going on. Do keep us posted as you progress! It will help us learn and be a little more ambitious maybe.

•••
sell all my 2l 3l names
Which extensions do you have these in? In the right extension, say no more! They will automatically sell.

•••
•••
To Be honnest Im not looking to make Anything From the domains ive purchased Just Going to Hold the domains till the world Runs Dry kinda Like Canada Dry In Reverse The Champange of Gingerales

Good Luck im Out

Last edited:
•••
400K in sales.
Woah.. I have never been so spot on with my Target. Had a bumpy start but this is crazy. I was also being conservative though and I had hoped that I will do more but yes I did 400K... But damn.. this is crazy..

Anxious and excited for 2023.... I have plans but I haven't been able to to do much.. Let us see..

•••
Few hours left in 2022

My targets are simple:
1) finished transfer with buyer that not response (3 figures sale)
2) sold out my domains :xf.wink:
3) and be happy

2023 🎄
New Year out forth new roads to success and provides you with opportunities to give wings to your unfulfilled desires. Make your dreams come true with the rise of another beautiful year.

•••
With new posts, I got reminded to look back at what I posted at beginning of year. Here is my report card.
  1. Achieve every domain I own properly listed and presented (made progress 2021, but not there). Better, but not yet full achieved B- grade
  2. Sign up for the 2 brandable places I have not used yet, and submit a few. Done! A+
  3. Somewhat grow .xyz holdings, also my .ca portfolio. Done A-
  4. Try to modestly reduce portfolio size and improve quality. Failure mainly D-
  5. Keep trend toward more renew in advance. Done A+
  6. Start something new (shhhh... it is a secret). Still a secret, now there are 2 secrets B-)
  7. Try a bit of paid advertising. Not done F
  8. Get rid of some of my weaker names. Done to some degree C-
  9. Learn more about SEO. Not done F
  10. Maybe develop 1-2 domains. Not done F
  11. Have fun! :) A+ on this one!
Best wishes for 2023 everyone!

-Bob

•••
250% ROI, at least.

Came much shorter than expected this year, but still in line with previous targets. Adjusting process, and I know it will go well. Considering enlarging investment which is now 50% of what it was pre-pandemic.

Note, that'd be entry-level 6-fig; not as much as @blogspotter high roller here. :xf.smile:(y) I'd be quite happy with that though.

Fortunately I do have other biz lines as well.

Paying for my daughter's fees at uni in a major world city is expensive ... among other things, but she'll be graduating (with high grades) in 2023!

Last edited:
•••
250% ROI, at least.

Came much shorter than expected this year, but still in line with previous targets. Adjusting process, and I know it will go well. Considering enlarging investment which is now 50% of what it was pre-pandemic.

Note, that'd be entry-level 6-fig; not as much as @blogspotter high roller here. :xf.smile:(y) I'd be quite happy with that though.

Fortunately I do have other biz lines as well.

Paying for my daughter's fees at uni in a major world city is expensive ... among other things, but she'll be graduating (with high grades) in 2023!
Good Luck for 2023 My Bro

I love this business :)

Congrats in advance on your Daughter's graduation. My kid is still very small but I can imagine your pride... All I am doing is for my Kid only

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back