Dynadot

You want to see some decent domain landers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jberryhill

Top Member
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Impact
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.40.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.18 AM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have a lot of time today, so perhaps someone nice might come along and explain why I like these.

•••
I don't have a lot of time today, so perhaps someone nice might come along and explain why I like these.
They are simple, clean layout and have the dictionary definition or a description of those generic words.
By the way, the Docket one points to a Dan page saying that the domain has been already sold?

Last edited:
•••
5AF09700-2B07-460E-ABD0-F22E3046926C.jpeg

Isnt this term ubiquitous with “dreamers”?
Law firm specializing in defending DACA?
What do you think, @jberryhill? :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I'm going to call a potential bluff.......and say you don't like any of them and if anyone says you do.......you will say why you don't....

Or I'm completely wrong and you will explain in due course......then the egg imprint will take a while to leave my face....

•••
I'm going to call a potential bluff.......and say you don't like any of them and if anyone says you do.......you will say why you don't....

Oooooooohhhh... I wish I'd thought of that. Gonna save that one.

I actually like these. For all I know, there is someone in some obscure hellhole who might have a trademark in "perishable" for some nonsense that nobody's ever heard of.

A "for sale" page doesn't really convey what might motivate someone to buy a domain name. However, a sales page with a sales pitch extolling why the domain has meaning and why someone might want to buy it, can go a long way toward explaining why the name has objective value.

•••
explain why I like these

Uniqueness? This is the reason why I always prefer to develop own landers... This particular case (landers posted in this thread) makes me think about the following - what things should a domainer take in account to respect copyrights... I mean one cannot simply go to images dot google dot com and save the best "mountains" image to use on his website.... And, with a lot of domains + above design idea, a lot of unique images may be needed (purchased, licensed, public domain / less unique/, etc).

•••
Food for thought. Got inspired. Thanks.

•••

Comforting - Simple, recognizable, repetitive, comforting lines/shapes/colour always work

Amusing (Respectful) to read you going unleashed Mr jberryhill (even for a moment) :)

Last edited:
•••
And, with a lot of domains + above design idea, a lot of unique images may be needed (purchased, licensed, public domain / less unique/, etc).

Good point. I believe there are some online purveyors of stock images who have reasonable deals on entire collections.

•••
If you want to live happy then

Never argue with a lawyer or your wife.

•••
If you want to live happy then

Never argue with a lawyer or your wife.

What if you're a judge? No one argues with him?

Last edited:
•••
•••
It is entertaining when people try, though.

I can only imagine.

My grandfather was a judge.
Sadly, I didn't know him, he passed when I was an infant.

Most certainly I have his blood in me :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
What if you're a judge? No one argues with him?

Dont most Judges start out as lawyers?
Or Prosecutors? One of the highest echelon.
Have work your way up diligently somehow :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
Yes, my Uncle is a QC and now is a Judge

•••
Thoughts on this lander - http://perch.com/ ?
Don't love it.

Lots of empty space at the top. Harsh color contrast. Teal blue text on dark gray almost black background is somewhat disorienting and harsh on the eyes.

I typically do not like web pages with black or very dark backgrounds, though, so others may feel differently.

•••
Thoughts on this lander - http://perch.com/ ?
To add on it, it seems like a quick mix of Brandbucket landers with Efty ones :xf.confused:
Work on the responsive as well, many people forget that roughly the majority of users online nowadays are on mobile.
And you can use fonts as well, Open sans is not the best IMO

•••
Dont most Judges start out as lawyers?
Or Prosecutors? One of the highest echelon.
Have work your way up diligently somehow :sneaky:

Yes a Judge begins as a lawyer.

•••
•••

#1 no ads, especially ones you have no control over; that could easily put the domain owner on a mine

•••
@gericsb and @Gube I appreciate the feedback re. Perch.com. I will pass them on to my design team for attention.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Appreciate your participation in the forums.
Your Registrar has a fabulous domain name.

Samer
Thanks Samer. I used to be more active (on all forums), but just don't seem to have as much time anymore. In 2021, I'll try and make a conscious effort to stop by and participate more.

•••
Back