IT.COM

advice You should never spend $825K on a domain — but here’s why I’m glad I did for Cover.com

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Sure, we would save money buying the dotcom domain for an alternative brand, but we also saw the long-term value of owning one of the most coveted domains in insurance. This struck us as the bigger opportunity.
We sell an intangible product and at the end of the day, we’re in the trust business. Owning Cover.com has lent an extra level of legitimacy to the brand and this, in turn, has translated into sales. We have seen firsthand how it helps get people over the hump when it comes to investing their money with us. Immediately after moving to Cover.com we saw our conversions rise, largely because customers would cross-reference our app on the internet before they made the purchase decision.
If you’re early stage and you’re just trying to figure it out, you don’t need to spend on an expensive domain. It’s a lot of money and, at that stage, you have the freedom to rebrand instead....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think they could go for my domain name cover / life instead :)

•••
I think they could go for my domain name cover / life instead :)

If he is selling just life insurance and even then you cannot compare the two )

If sells other types of insurance, being on cover/life would create confusion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back