IT.COM

You know a domain is worthless if...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
...you have to declare that "it's pronounceable"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.. if more people can fit into a volkswagen beetle than the entire population of the ccTLD's country!

•••
•••
You know a domain is worthless (to you) if....

And only if it never sells or has inquires after marketing for a very long time then you let it drop and no one else picks it up! then you can say it's worthless.

Because you can't control the taste of some end users, what is worthless to you may not be worthless to other people!

How many investors on NP have reported a sale for a domain that was under evaluated on appraisals and neglected on auctions ?!
How many domains are picked up of the dropped list and sold later ?!
And it might be that you drop a domain and someone else picks it up and sell it ! you never know!

Dominaning is the most confusing industry!
IMHO

•••
... it doesn't sell for $1 on namepros and you claim it later sold for $3K!

(I'm joking :P)

•••
when the listing states:

MEGA HUGE PREMIUM DOMAIN NAME
Rare opportunity to own a super premium domain name. Worth 5 figures. Sell to an end user and make a ton of money

$1 start, BIN $35
:xf.grin:

•••
....you have to bump your listing in the Top Domains section.

Last edited:
•••
When you are 90 years old and still waiting for price gains on your 1996 registered domains!

hey
I do that all the time ....

•••
And only if it never sells or has inquires after marketing for a very long time then you let it drop and no one else picks it up! then you can say it's worthless.

burner !

•••
It has multiple $1,000+ bids from New Flippa members but just never seems to hit reserve.

•••
...when the registrar is making more money than you

•••
When you don't start receiving junk emails all day long regarding your new domain, because even the spammers don't think it's worth developing.

•••
When the person selling the domain doesn't put the full domain name in the title of the "for sale" post, forcing people to click the post if they want to see the name.

•••
..if your name expire soon and you don't plan to renew it, but you don't put it in a "for free" section because you are too embarrassed to admit you actually paid money for this atrocity.

•••
...the name is chosen as a "Gr8 Domain". :glasses:

Last edited:
•••
it isn't the first or second best choice of name to suit their business.
your the only one defending the value of the extension.
your already buying 2 words for a new odd extension.
your posting for an appraisal in adult section.
no one is visiting it parked.
your brandable is to long.
when first word ends with same letter of second word.
your arguing valuations on several reg fee appraisals probably you never will.
it has no commercial end user appeal.
there is an apocalypse.

Last edited:
•••
. . . it's at auction on flippa.

•••
...it's one of Uni's 12 extensions slated for death row.

•••
. . . it's described as a 'Very Rare' domain.

•••
...if you have to widen the column width in excel so you can read it.

•••
...if you can't remember if you let it drop a few years ago.

•••
....if you market it in Namepro's Domain Chat.

•••
These are all great! The best part was the cringes for the times that I either did something listed, or considered it, but held myself back because it was just too embarrassing to face the truth.

Yeah, a miracle may happen 10 years down the road, but my hardest lesson has been letting the junk go. Another purge is just around the corner.

•••
you don't get even $1 on a no reserve auction on namepros...

•••
... it doesn't sell for $1 on namepros and you claim it later sold for $3K!

(I'm joking :P)
No you're not, James. lol
Like that doesn't happen. How many times have we seen this?
Two pages of someone arguing why the domain isn't "reg fee" then coming back saying "I just sold it for (some ridiculous amount), nana nana boo boo, you guys don't know nuthin."
But wait... the whois never changes, and it never gets dev'd... ever.

Peace,
Cy

•••
...you get tired of bumping and finally you close the thread.
... nobody wants to appraise your name

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back