Dynadot

You decide am I right or if Sedo and their brokers are right ??? ( Part 1 hormone.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I came in domaining somewhere in 2011.
One of the big domainer from usa asked me to register Rajasthanimusic.com and try selling it. It got sold in 2 days . This is what attracted me towards domaining.
I then registered sandyhurricane.com and this was the first time i created an account on sedo ( after knowing about it from search engines).
I listed sandyhurricane.com as first domain in my sedo account and it got sold in next 2 days. But sedo blocked the transaction. They said they cannot permit the transaction of any hurricane domain or any company' name on their platform.
Buyer asked me to put it on godaddy and from there he bought my domain name for 650usd. This is when i came to know about afternic.
Thereafter i created my account on afternic also and in next 2 yrs I put 150k usd approx in domains. Till 2014-15 , i took print out of every list of domain from sedo and out of 24 hrs I was putting 16 hrs in domains. Whatever I learnt i learnt from sedo platform.
But then sedo changed their ui and then learning from sedo stopped.
I built bulk portfolios of domains in .de ,.nl ,.ch ,.net ,.com , 4l.inu etc.
Sedo said they do not allow listing of company domains on their platform but in 2013-15 I saw fb.pro getting sold on their platform. Then I understood that sedo is not a neutral company and favors big corporations behind the scenes.

Hormone.com - In the year 2018 , i put my bid for hormone.com and it took roughly a month for negotiations. Seller of hormone was asking mid 5 fig in the starting of negotiations and ultimately he came down to 11k usd which i accepted. ( All negotiations were done on sedo platform after logging in my account ).
Till this time , no of domains sold via sedo were 4 or 5 from my account , whereas through emails I sold around 50 domains.
Sedo never worked for me neutrally. I always felt that sedo is eating my parking revenue also..

Ok so after hormone.com got approved by seller for 11k usd , I sent the payment.. sedo confirmed the wire received. But sedo stopped the domain transfer. The owner of hormone.com stated that " this was a mistake on their behalf and hormone.com is not theirs anymore".
I want to ask sedo " how can this be possible". How come someone can log in sedo account and negotiate with me for more than a month and then approved the sale ''.
Sedo did not reply anything. Sedo was thinking that I won't be able to send 11k usd but when I did send , they cancelled the transaction. And the seller is a big domainer. Someone who is regular judge and guests on domain forums.
His account is active but sedo blocked my account.
Part 2 cont...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is what these westerners do. you can imagine thinking that someone from your location can't afford $11k?

•••
I am not sure about all westerners.
In my life twice I have been helped by westerners only.
I learnt and am learning domaining from westerners only.
The only unethical problem is sedo.
They are not neutral...
I don't want this to happen with any new domainer who is being hindered by sedo to achieve big in domaining..

•••
•••
You should make a Voting !
I bet you win

•••
Typical Sedo :)

Let me write and expose them properly first. I will then take them to court.
I will also expose one other big company to whom I recently sent 262k usd for a premium 4l.com ( after 4 months of negotiations ) and after receiving money , they sold domain to someone else.
And now they are hiding behind legal agreement...

•••
Let me write and expose them properly first. I will then take them to court.
I will also expose one other big company to whom I recently sent 262k usd for a premium 4l.com ( after 4 months of negotiations ) and after receiving money , they sold domain to someone else.
And now they are hiding behind legal agreement...

You seem to forget to read the fine print and TOS each time. Make sure you read these before making a bid or offer on any domains. These companies dont hide behind a legal agreement, they put this in their TOS to protect themselves, so make sure you read them before dealing with any big auction/domain platform, the same as with the Sedo case, you made an offer and then backed out, you cannot do this and it has a serious impact on your reputation in this industry. If this company really sold the name to someone else after you paid them $262K, I would have been on the phone to them in a flash and then onto my lawyer, and if that didn't work, I would be naming and shaming them all over the internet. What stage are you at with them?

I assume if you paid $250K + for a 4L.com, it would be a premium word around the same quality at these, which all sold for a similar price....Team.com, Ride.com, Zero.com, Text.com, Cafe.com, Xmas.com, Moms.com, Vote.com, Lawn.com, Cute.com etc

•••
You seem to forget to read the fine print and TOS each time. Make sure you read these before making a bid or offer on any domains. These companies dont hide behind a legal agreement, they put this in their TOS to protect themselves, so make sure you read them before dealing with any big auction/domain platform, the same as with the Sedo case, you made an offer and then backed out, you cannot do this and it has a serious impact on your reputation in this industry. If this company really sold the name to someone else after you paid them $262K, I would have been on the phone to them in a flash and then onto my lawyer, and if that didn't work, I would be naming and shaming them all over the internet. What stage are you at with them?

I assume if you paid $250K + for a 4L.com, it would be a premium word around the same quality at these, which all sold for a similar price....Team.com, Ride.com, Zero.com, Text.com, Cafe.com, Xmas.com, Moms.com, Vote.com, Lawn.com, Cute.com etc

I paid 262k not 250k.
My friend has already initiated legal proceedings against them and buyer in usa sir.

•••

Which tos gives sedo the power to not deny or clarify a wrng info about the sale of domain name on their platform.
Do you really believe sir sedo don't follow widely circulated journal "thedomains".
Although the domains published someone else's feed.
If i show to court that website of "thedomains" was opened many times in the official computers of sedo at that time and they intentionally ignored it and were continuing to intentionally fool people and presenting wrong facts than will you believe it.
Did dnpric.es hack sedo's account or did they use sedo's name for no reason..

Last edited:
•••
If American govt or Indian govt will do a neutral investigation on sedo sales record , i am sure the truth will come out.
The 95% of domains from which sedo earns money are owned by someone else and not by sedo.

•••
•••
•••
Which tos gives sedo the power to not deny or clarify a wrng info about the sale of domain name on their platform.
Do you really believe sir sedo don't follow widely circulated journal "thedomains".
Although the domains published someone else's feed.
If i show to court that website of "thedomains" was opened many times in the official computers of sedo at that time and they intentionally ignored it and were continuing to intentionally fool people and presenting wrong facts than will you believe it.
Did dnpric.es hack sedo's account or did they use sedo's name for no reason..

Read their terms and conditions, they dont need to clarify anything to you, its always been up to the individual to find and clarify if a sale actually happened, especially if mentioned on someone elses website. They would need a 100 extra staff if they had to do that each time. Cmon, this is common sense stuff.

Last edited:
•••
Read their terms and conditions, they dont need to clarify anything to you, its always been up to the individual to find and clarify if a sale actually happened. They would need a 100 extra staff if they had to do that each time. Cmon, this is common sense stuff.
They can present this arguement to court
What if I had asked about past sales record of fastfood and they intentionally avoided to reply me on the same.

•••
Read their terms and conditions, they dont need to clarify anything to you, its always been up to the individual to find and clarify if a sale actually happened, especially if mentioned on someone elses website. They would need a 100 extra staff if they had to do that each time. Cmon, this is common sense stuff.
100 extra staff sir. I don't think so.
How many half million or half million + sales happen in a month.
I don't think half million or more sales are so many in numbers which will require 100 extra staff to verify them.
They file taxes every year. Can't they see from that.
Half million is not 500 usd or 1k.

•••
They can present this arguement to court
What if I had asked about past sales record of fastfood and they intentionally avoided to reply me on the same.

You wont be taking them to court and you know it. They don't have to reply, bad customer service I agree, but not illegal. My emails to end users get ignored all the time, should I sue them?

•••
You wont be taking them to court and you know it. They don't have to reply, bad customer service I agree, but not illegal. My emails to end users get ignored all the time, should I sue them?
So you are saying as your emails to end users are always avoided, this gives right to sedo also to avoid emails from their customers as well from whom they are earning money..
It's an attempt to divert their own fault to poor customer service executive s.
They always replies promptly if ever we send them emails mentioning our interest in any domain name listed on their platform.
How come they avoid emails asking about their past deeds

Last edited:
•••
100 extra staff sir. I don't think so.
How many half million or half million + sales happen in a month.
I don't think half million or more sales are so many in numbers which will require 100 extra staff to verify them.
They file taxes every year. Can't they see from that.
Half million is not 500 usd or 1k.

For every false claim said about Sedo was to be chased up and verified, it would take a lot more than 100 staff to verify and that can be guaranteed, just the crap on namepros would take an army of people.

•••
Ok, Ive tried but i give up. I can guarantee you that you won't be suing them, it's all just talk because you're angry at your mistake, rather learn from it and move on , its much more productive in the long run.

My last post here, good luck

•••
For every false claim said about Sedo was to be chased up and verified, it would take a lot more than 100 staff to verify and that can be guaranteed, just the crap on namepros would take an army of people.
Crap is diff from half million dollar.
One or two people and mostly from their finance team always knows whether deals greater than half million has been paid or not.
They can't avoid giving an excuse like this

•••
Ok, Ive tried but i give up. I can guarantee you that you won't be suing them, it's all just talk because you're angry at your mistake, rather learn from it and move on , its much more productive in the long run.

My last post here, good luck

I understand. Thanks for your time.
You did not reply whether sedo was at fault for hormone , Sandy hurricane as well.
And when sedo breaks their agreements then they are at fault or not.
If I do mistake I always accepts it. Thats not an ego issue for me sir.

•••
Barry / Badrinath or Puneet, you been a domain investor since when, 2011? And, in last 7 years, you couldn't understand one simple fact that Sedo's just a platform that facilitates sales? When you submit a bid there, you are essentially entering into a legal contract with the 'Seller' (a different person) that is just being facilitated by Sedo's platform. That is why, when you fail to submit payment, as was the case with your $95k bid, Sedo only sends you a reminder for their due 'commission' [facilitation fees]. The 'payment' is still due to the Seller for which Sedo would also share with the 'Seller' your information so he/she can sue you if he wants to.

Irrespective of how much a domain sold for or didn't sell for, when you submit a bid for a domain, you are entering into a legal contract with the Seller at Sedo which is not conditional to any previous sale.

You cry and blame Sedo when your Hormone.com deal falls through due to change of mind by the Seller but still blame Sedo when you change your own mind to pay up for a domain. For the Hormone.com deal, you are in a position to sue the 'Seller' because he is in breach of a legal contract, the contract is available in the Sedo sales panel. So, please stop whining like a 4th grader and take legal action if you want to do something about it.

Most domain brokers, Sedo or not, may be unethical but nobody said the world is a fair place. Sue or expose such people separately, don't mix up everything in one big mumbo-jumbo that paints you a rank amateur. All this is only harming you. Many people have tried to make you understand this but you refuse to see the light. Best of Luck, over and out !!

Last edited:
•••
Barry / Badrinath or Puneet, you been a domain investor since when, 2011? And, in last 7 years, you couldn't understand one simple fact that Sedo's just a platform that facilitates sales? When you submit a bid there, you are essentially entering into a legal contract with the 'Seller' (a different person) that is just being facilitated by Sedo's platform. That is why, when you fail to submit payment, as was the case with your $95k bid, Sedo only sends you a reminder for their due 'commission' [facilitation fees]. The 'payment' is still due to the Seller for which Sedo would also share with the 'Seller' your information so he/she can sue you if he wants to.

Irrespective of how much a domain sold for or didn't sell for, when you submit a bid for a domain, you are entering into a legal contract with the Seller at Sedo which is not conditional to any previous sale.

You cry and blame Sedo when your Hormone.com deal falls through due to change of mind by the Seller but still blame Sedo when you change your own mind to pay up for a domain. For the Hormone.com deal, you are in a position to sue the 'Seller' because he is in breach of a legal contract, the contract is available in the Sedo sales panel. So, please stop whining like a 4th grader and take legal action if you want to do something about it.

Most domain brokers, Sedo or not, may be unethical but nobody said the world is a fair place. Sue or expose such people separately, don't mix up everything in one big mumbo-jumbo that paints you a rank amateur. All this is only harming you. Many people have tried to make you understand this but you refuse to see the light. Best of Luck, over and out !!
Waha.. what a good conversation..
Thanks for thinking about my reputation. I have noted your point sir .
You did not answer the fact that is sedo neutral or not. You did not answer why sedo kept unintentionally quite to the fact that there have been wrong info in the market about the domain they are brokering fastfood.com !!
You are not noting down the fact that sedo released a fake info in the domain journals where they mentioned about fastfood.com getting sold for 500k usd. They also give place to fastfood.com auction 7 days on their platform which attracted the attention of small domainers like me thereby generating my interest in an asset.
When the news of fastfood.com sale was on thedomains it attracted my interest further which prompted me to bid for that domain.
When sedo can release info about half million sale getting done at sedo why they did not rectify it.
Is it not a fault on their behalf that they allowed fake news circulated in the market for the asset they were representing on the behalf of someone.
It's non compliance of duty from sedo towards the owner of fastfood.com as well.
And thank you for reminding me my name as your second phase of defense.i will tell my full name for your convenience.
It's Puneet Agarwal .
Have you seen my tears which might have helped you to assume that I am crying.

•••
Regarding hormone.com why was sedo quite for 1 month when someone was intentionally doing false negotiation via their platform.
Do sedo not have brains to inform the seller that his account is being compromised and someone is doing fake negotiations.

•••
Why sedo allowed listing of hormone.com on their platform even though it does not belong to owner from whose account all that negotiation show was going on for 1 month.
Don't only blame the shooter who has done shooting , kindly also see who provided the shoulder to let firing happen on innocents like us, who are not from your part of the world.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back