Dynadot

discuss Yes, it's Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mAd MaX

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Earlier in this thread I posted a link to what bloatware exactly Brave removes from Chromium code. This job is definitely not easy and requires a lot of time and efforts. One cannot simply delete a bunch of lines from a complicated code and expect that the result will always compile and work as expected. But Brave team is successful so far. They also have a version for Android, which can be used instead of chrome on a smartphone (sometimes chrome can be also uninstalled even on not rooted phones, through adb shell).

I am typing this from Brave on linux. Works perfectly. The only issue I see with Brave is that built-in adblocker not always works, too many ads are missed, including ads what I actively do not want to see (some stuff promoted by domaining bloggers, for example). So, I ended up with the following: Brave with built-in adblock disabled, and Ublock Origin addon installed. It does not prevent me from whitelisting websites I like if they show appropriate ads selected by a human (a rare combo, unfortunately) as well as from using "brave rewards" system (which I did not yet try).

For an android smartphone, due to similar reasons as well as due to the fact that installed extra apps tend to show ads inside, Brave can serve as the main browser (and should, since it is ungoogled by nature), but with adblocking on system level ( such as by adguard: www.adguard.com )

You are right they are not perfect, but stil very good at blocking unnecessary plugins. I believe they have a bright future and are making updates and progress all the time. They started with just 25 millions or something as ICO, now they have MC of 400 Million+ and they could become huge. They already have close to 40 million users and the people in US, UK, Germany and some EU states can already see BRAVE ads if they want and get free BAT tokens from their grants in return. They are displaying ads only if people want to see them and pay them with Basic Attention Tokens, they pay for users attention basicaly :).

•••
You are right they are not perfect, but stil very good at blocking
Moreover, Brave with default adblock settings was the only browser which I could not detect from server side :) /I had to detect adblocking users for my inhouse traffic management system/. Which may be good or bad depending on what end we are looking from... In particular, they are shown as Chrome and are no more using Brave in user agent. I later found that it is still possible to detect Brave (duck duck go does for example), but was lazy to implement such a detection... due to <1% browser popularity (as per various surveys). It is still the best ungoogled and not spying browser on the market. But, since general public accepted windows10 (data collection terminal) - and is actively using it - then low Brave popularity is not a surprise...

P.S. Actually it is unclear how mentioned surveys detected Brave since it is a hard thing to do

Last edited:
•••
I haven't read all this..
But I will say a few things nevertheless.
Fascism is not left. Left means equality, almost opposite of fascism. US Democrat party is not left at all. It is an extreme right party, just like its "opponent". Exact opposite of fascism is democracy.

Browsers are problematic, but I would be more worried about cell phones, and laptops which record everything in every direction, and whose batteries can't be removed.

Another evil development isthat it is impossible to find vacuum cleaners which use water anymore.
So if you want to live a good life, you should buy 10 laptops, 10 tvs 10 refrigerators, 10 vacuum cleaners, 10 cars etc in advance. New ones have evil "conveniences" like connecting to facebook automatically.

Last edited:
•••
Another evil development isthat it is impossible to find vacuum cleaners which use water anymore.

Care to elaborate? Sorry this is new for me. Not kidding.

•••
Care to elaborate? Sorry this is new for me. Not kidding.

Ok, they exist but I don't see them in shops anymore. If something is good it is banned.
We are forced to use sunscreen, so bigpharma hopes we get cancer from those chemicals, and once we get cancer they push chemo, and when we die, they say you used 30 factor creme instead of 50 factor, and if you came earlier we would chemo you earlier and make more money from you.

Last edited:
•••
Fascism is not left.

Somewhere in 1995, I was young and a big fan of Sliders (the Fox and Sci Fi Channel series, where a student Quinn Mallory accidentally opened an inter-dimensional portal which sends him and three companions on a cosmic roller-coaster ride to parallel Earths). The world we are living in now was predicted. Right here:

Also, George Orwell knew everything in June 1949 (publication date of his "Nineteen Eighty-Four" novel). A few quotes:

"Big Brother is Watching You."

"The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better."

"Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me."

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

•••
Ok, they exist but I don't see them in shops anymore. If something is good it is banned.
We are forced to use sunscreen, so bigpharma hopes we get cancer from those chemicals, and once we get cancer they push chemo, and when we die, they say you used 30 factor cream instead of 50 factor, and if you came earlier we would chemo you earlier and make more money from you.

Mkay. Cheers for the reply. I'm not that big of a conspiracy thinker.

•••
Lets not grow this in another political thread please....

•••
•••
•••
If not opensource, this means already hacked by default. When people say hacked, probably they mean, hacked by some new entities as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back