IT.COM

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Evermore.xyz sold for $14888 @Afternic
Myna.xyz sold for $7000 @Afternic
Apiary.xyz sold for $6500 @Afternic
Validator.xyz sold for $5500 @DAN.COM
Indelible.xyz sold for $4944 @Sedo

No further details please. Thank you.

•••
I bet in any other hands than queen dngear these below avg names most here have no clue what they even mean would either sell for 5dolla or never sell. long live queen of xyz ..all bend yer knees

•••
cray cray.PNG

a very popular modern term, just registered it

Twitter usage

book usage, it's taken off like a rocket since 2004

•••
namebio.com...adsmega.xyz...$24,2000
-
why would anyone buy the .xyz for $24,2000 when they can get the .com for $3295?

•••

The home for decentralised biotech​

bio.xyz

Found this site recently.

•••
-
why would anyone buy the .xyz for $24,2000 when they can get the .com for $3295?
crazy times we live threw... indeed.

•••
-
it's not even in the right order, megaads.xyz is listed for $5000 and megaads.com is accepting offers. this has got to be one of the oddest 5 figure sales ever.

Last edited:
•••
•••
-
sorry 'bout the extra 0

•••
•••
-
Actually both .com and .xyz do not worth anything.

Editing.com (registered since 1996) sold on 22nd Sep 2022 for $46,000
While Editing.xyz is listed by Swetha for $59,888

•••
I bet in any other hands than queen dngear these below avg names most here have no clue what they even mean would either sell for 5dolla or never sell. long live queen of xyz ..all bend yer knees
On the one hand I understand why some aren't lucky, with the evolution of .xyz
(mostly because they've been too late...).

On the other, this are free markets.

The domains DNGear sold last time, are totally fine.
(Although I think I wouldn't have regged sth like myna or apiary...)

But let's keep this thread the xyz thread.
We can argue somewhere else.

Last edited:
•••
crazy times we live threw... indeed.
it's not even in the right order, megaads.xyz is listed for $5000 and megaads.com is accepting offers. this has got to be one of the oddest 5 figure sales ever.

I checked it when bidding war was on and somewhere at $7800. As per Dynadot domain info this one year old domain has good backlinks and annual revenue /earning was $7100.

I think that could be one of the reason, other might be the old owner who might have forget it to renew on time and then got involved in the aggressive bidding to get it back. We have seen two such cases Bitcoin.xyz and Eth.link where original owners were directly participated in the auction and secured their domains by paying exorbitant prices.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It seems a rush for registering names in .xyz extn has triggered its registration in other extensions too. A year back where a name with only 15-20 extn, after .xyz registration, the name has crossed 30+ extensions. Is this normal or indeed .xyz has triggered regn in other extensions too.
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Someone sold recently (moso.xyz) for 5K, good news for my 4LLLL which is majority of my xyz domains.
Not my sale!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back