IT.COM

other @xyz hasn't been active for 17 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
User @xyz hasn't been active for 17 years. Will this account be made available to someone who will actually use it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t think they reuse names here even if the person’s account gets deleted or closed.

•••
Hello,

NamePros can recover inactive usernames for members upon request.

Inactive usernames are defined as usernames that are attached to accounts that have not been used in years and likely will not be used again in the future. Typically, we only recover inactive usernames for members that are consistently active on NamePros and/or will use NamePros for many years to come because we wouldn't want desirable usernames to become inactive again and blocked from being claimed by another eligible member requesting it in the future.

The best way to earn an inactive username is to consistently contribute to discussions, share industry news with the community, participate in contests, buy and sell domains, report issues that you notice, and take advantage of all that NamePros has to offer.

Possibly related:

.XYZ registry has a few representatives on NamePros, such as:

We hope that helps.

•••
I don't think old usernames should change ownership. Someone might want to get back into domaning years later, or maybe they have just one old domain they want to sell and remember this site. I know there have been a number of users on here who logged in after being away for 10+ years.

•••
I don't think old usernames should change ownership. Someone might want to get back into domaning years later, or maybe they have just one old domain they want to sell and remember this site. I know there have been a number of users on here who logged in after being away for 10+ years.
Do you think the same should apply to all social media platfoms?

•••
I think after a certain period of dormancy username registrants should start paying rent same as domain names. Let's see how long these people keep their treasured un-used usernames. Usernames should then drop and then go back into the public availability or back-ordered and be auctioned to the highest bidder - what do you think?

Last edited:
•••
I think after a certain period of dormancy username registrants should start paying rent same as domain names. Let's see how long these people keep their treasured un-used usernames. Usernames should then drop and then go back into the public availability or back-ordered and be auctioned to the highest bidder - what do you think?
That is a horrible idea and an attempt to scrape every possible penny …I don’t see it being the right update for NP

I prefer the current system 👍

•••
That is a horrible idea and an attempt to scrape every possible penny …I don’t see it being the right update for NP

I prefer the current system 👍
So people should be allowed to register something, never use it and deprive everyone else of using it? Great idea mate. Like holiday homes in Wales.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Sounds similar to holding domain names
So people should be allowed to register something, never use it and deprive everyone else of using it? Great idea mate. Like holiday homes in Wales.

•••
What about deceased people’s profiles?
Need a clause for that.
Selling the usernames, even if it was to feed orphans is silly idea

•••
Back