Dynadot

new gtlds .xyz has any value with premium names?

NameSilo
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
I have question if .xyz has value with 1 dict word or premium 1-2 keyword domains?
I have my website on VirtualNames.xyz
From one side it is a good name, but from the other still too much .xyz are aviables.
But, if I see a good premium word or 2 word domain aviable at .xyz should I reg it?
Will it have a future?
I mean in 1-2 years..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If someone could tell the future, wouldn't they reg the names for themselves or would they be more like an oracle guiding the domainer(s)?

Anyway, I'd say most of the "ultra" premium xyzs are already taken..and I wouldn't consider a 2 word a premium so its up to you as an investment.. don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Ask yourself "If I was starting a business or etc. would I want this name, would I pay a few hundred for it" apart from the obvious potential that any domain has (having a developed site which costs for quality)

•••
Hi,
I didnt mean tell me the secret, but stat info, nothing more.
I regd my first .xyz domain VirtualNames.xyz only because I wanted to submit my portfolio to some place.
Some catchy name, something short or easy to remember.
I thought this way: there are too much extensions, but one of the most short and known (thanks a Google) .xyz, it is enough catchy.
So when I reg it I paid attention that there are some good word combination aviables at .xyz.
I didnt mean 2 words, but those words that are combination of 2 words, such as timetable.xyz (it is not aviable, but I only want to show some example words).
I found a few words like this that are taken at .com, .biz, .net and the rest..

What do you think about those premium words?

•••
I invested thousands in the xyz extension in just a couple words. Lol

Yea I gamble but hey I truly do think the return is going to be substantial if not above what I am hoping.

And yea you have hope and you have luck. One will win the day.

•••
I invested thousands in the xyz extension in just a couple words. Lol

Yea I gamble but hey I truly do think the return is going to be substantial if not above what I am hoping.

And yea you have hope and you have luck. One will win the day.
Want to see my available xyz domains? ;) I'll easily sell them all for $1000.

•••
•••
Honestly, I doubt it's worth a lot. But, I consider myself a newb on selling domains and don't really know values.

•••
•••
because it match with the extension.
i mean Funny Letters XYZ

•••
because it match with the extension.
i mean Funny Letters XYZ

Interesting idea but again it's totally random. Just like the guy who owns "youcantaffordit.com" totally random. Lol.

@CJ6 I'd be interested to see what you have. But again I am only searching for one word domains or prime domains that have sold for millions in the .com extension. Thanks

•••
I do like VirtualNames MUCH better than FunnyLetters. But, in the market right now, I don't think there is much value. The future market is where the potential may be. And, like what Alessandro mentioned, the 1 word keywords are tops (and mostly registered by now).
Here are some I have. I'm hopeful that they will be worth some $$$, but I'm trying not to dream too big. (SkiPark, SkiSlopes, MarijuanaSupply, MarijuanaWarehouse, PotWarehouse, EngineeringServices, AffiliateNation, etc.) In today's market, they aren't worth much, I think. But, in the future, who knows.

Alessandro, I know what you mean. 1 word domains are killer to have. I wish I had some.

•••
I do like VirtualNames MUCH better than FunnyLetters. But, in the market right now, I don't think there is much value. The future market is where the potential may be. And, like what Alessandro mentioned, the 1 word keywords are tops (and mostly registered by now).
Here are some I have. I'm hopeful that they will be worth some $$$, but I'm trying not to dream too big. (SkiPark, SkiSlopes, MarijuanaSupply, MarijuanaWarehouse, PotWarehouse, EngineeringServices, AffiliateNation, etc.) In today's market, they aren't worth much, I think. But, in the future, who knows.

Alessandro, I know what you mean. 1 word domains are killer to have. I wish I had some.

If you have a good budget in the six figure range contact me. :) thanks.
I own xyz names that have sold from $2.9M in the .com up to $several million.

•••
If you have a good budget in the six figure range contact me. :) thanks.
I own xyz names that have sold from $2.9M in the .com up to $several million.
My kids eat up my budget. Lol.
That is great, what you have. I really hope your investments pan out. I believe they will.

•••
Haha I hear you. My watches eat my investments. Lol. I have other gtlds that are just as premium like

Denver.Properties 20K
Heart.Surgery Serious Offers.

I developed Denver.Properties out but never published it; (life catches up to you and I decided to travel the world). It's worth more then 20k to someone who knows what to do. On Apartments.com there is 3000 listings in Denver alone at a minimum of $300. That's $900,000 in investment listings and its constant. Denver rental prices are sky rocketing more then any other city in the USA at %8 growth every year. Definitely a serious opportunity for the right investor.

•••
I can't see .xyz having much premium value in the near future. I'm starting to get good offers on some of my .work and .one.. but nothing for .xyz. It was just a summer, 2015 fad that took off when Google and FB each bought one for limited use. Just my 2 pence.

•••
I can't see .xyz having much premium value in the near future. I'm starting to get good offers on some of my .work and .one.. but nothing for .xyz. It was just a summer, 2015 fad that took off when Google and FB each bought one for limited use. Just my 2 pence.

And what names do you own in the xyz extension if I may ask ? Xyz isn't just a fad. It's building up slowly. We had one digit in the xyz extension sell for close to $100k then we had a double digit at namecon sell for ... Close to $100k. Numbers will be the birth of xyz and we already know this to be truth. After the numbers gain and pass momentum people will search and seek out one word domains and then two word domains and so forth. I expect the results to appear in 2-5 years range. But then again I am not a genie and I can't predict if the world won't end tomorrow. I am just an investor & gambler.

•••
Personally, for xyz. I wouldn't say a two word fits in premium. Short one word etc.

•••
Have sold a one word .xyz for $800. I wouldn't consider it a super premium at all. Sold via Afternic BIN the buyer is another investor. So keep that in mind.

•••
Have sold a one word .xyz for $800. I wouldn't consider it a super premium at all. Sold via Afternic BIN the buyer is another investor. So keep that in mind.

Hi I have Londonxyz but can only get basic listings, any ideas

•••
Back