IT.COM

discuss .xyz Domains not good for seo at all

NameSilo
Watch

Sophia Alice

Brandsiro TeamTop Member
Impact
Hi

i have seen people asking about how xyz domains perform on the search engine results

Due to the availabilty i picked up many keyword domains and i have started testing on the seo factor

I had picked up a niche and developed two sites ..one on .com and one on .xyz ... almost identical and hosted it on two different ips

Built backlinks in the same manner

Result :
.com is on first 4 pages for the keyword
.xyz is not even on the first ten pages

I have repeated with different niches and also used cc tlds like .in and .us

Result : cctlds works better

I personally like .xyz and i had some good bunch of domains sold on that extension

But in terms of seo... it doesnt work as expected

Well this is my personal experience ..correct me if you have seen any good results so far

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s totally a myth. The Websites with any TLD/extension can rank for targeted keywords in Google and they have officially made the statement. You can search for the blog online.

Even I personally don’t think that .xyz or any other TLD don't work for SEO because we personally do have a website with a .xyz TLD and are successful to rank it on the 1st page for many competitive keywords such as “SEO agency in mumbai”, “marketing agency in mumbai” and many more.

If anyone do complain that .xyz domain is not good for SEO then probably you should doubt their SEO skills instead of complaining about the domain extensions.

We did SEO for our own agency website and the results we got are amazing. In fact, we wrote a case study on it. You can check out the case study here, (copy and paste the URL and put a .): therankmachine(dot)com/rank-an-xyz-domain-above-com-domain/ on how we did it? It’s high time we bust this myth that only .com and ccTLD’s can rank in Google

Last edited:
•••
Back