Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Expert

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's an easy 7 figure domain IMO. Who knows what the right buyer might pay.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
very fair price, these names can be the difference between building a small business or a billion dollar company very fast.

I personally think 25MM is more fit for this name. The fact that most domain owners price things really bad, should not reflect the value of a name.

•••
Why not, it's industry defining. You can't buy domains like that cheap anymore.

•••
I only have 9 million so I don't think anything.
It's over my budget.

•••
It's a great name, but who would buy it? Transport and shipping are vast and vital but very offline industries, and any company with 10M to spare on a domain name is already well-known enough to not need it.

Someone who wants to do a rebrand, or a new division under a different brand - for any reason. It's common, to avoid brand dilution you get a separate one for a different product even in the same field.

Edit: One company in my country did this mistake. They were selling furniture materials. Then they went full DYI and started losing momentum due to brand confusion. I've kept saying this for years, weird how a big firm can make such a big mistake.

Years later, someone put them in their senses and they got a separate brand for DYI and now are rolling high.

You can also add weight / borrow momentum from the existing brand, e.g. a note: "Transport.com, a xxxx company" where xxxx is the existing, renowned but different brand.

The seller can definitely get that payment.

Last edited:
•••
It is not good to publicly discuss others' domain pricing because it may adversely affect the domain owners to sell their domains.

•••
Good for him. What other people want for their domains isn’t our business and this thread is in poor taste.

•••
Not commercially as strong as some of the other best one words such as CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc so I doubt he'll be able to fetch the ask but can get mid-high six figures easy!!

Not as strong commercially? You do realize transportation is one of the largest industries in the world (public transport/buses/trains/air/boat/trucks/taxis/delivery services). When you look at just 1 category with in that (never mind all together), i.e. delivery services and how much money is in that, Transport dot com is a monster, I'm not saying it's going to sell for 8 figures, but it's tier 1 and in the same league as those words you listed and any tier 1 domain has 8 figure potential.

And i say this as the former owner of:-

Untitled.png

(please no one type the domain in full), industry defining domain name and a key domain in transport/automotive (along with more), so I’ve researched the ins and outs of the transport industry.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a great name, but who would buy it? Transport and shipping are vast and vital but very offline industries, and any company with 10M to spare on a domain name is already well-known enough to not need it.

•••
Let's celebrate that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

•••
You may have a differing opinion and I totally respect that but I do strongly believe that Transport.com still doesn't fall in the same league as some of the keywords I mentioned in earlier post.

Would you mind listing some of the best "COMMERCIAL" use-cases for the Transport.com domain name, which are inline with CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc.?
I'm not talking transport+word domains (ie transport as a keyword in other domains), I'm talking just that domain by itself. What is the best domain for a company in transport to brand around? Answer 'Transport dot com'.

This not an industry selling paper clips (ie not much money), there's huge amounts of money involved in the transport, do i think it will sell for 8 figures, no. Sports dot com never hit 8 figures (even though it should have), but it's a multi-million potential domain without doubt.

The problem is in transport, compared to industries like finance/real estate, is many companies don’t like paying out for domains, I found that out with the domain I showcased above and the one I had was more flexible (i.e. could target buyers in automotive too), but buyers and money is there in transport and if there was one domain that is going to sell for a huge amount, it would be that.

•••
•••
I know someone who wants more for his domain name.

•••
Let's celebrate that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

CORRECTION

Let's celebrate the news that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

1642413256009.png

•••
@Domain Expert

Thank you for this news.
Please don't forget to update it whenever needed.
We have to stay informed about what the owner wants.

•••
You heard it right, owner wants $10M :zippermouth:

What do you think guys? :unsure:
Around the same amount is asking the owner of theworld.com, without including the TM rights. There are at least a few thousands domains like these, not used and with high prices, probably 99% of them will remain unused forever.

•••
Just registered brand transportrz.

•••

Well, voice.com to me is much less of a ''business'' word and was sold for 30 000 000. So, 10ml is nothing unrealistic in this case. Yes, rebranding or merger of big guys or some revolutionary shit in transport industry..

•••
It is not good to publicly discuss others' domain pricing because it may adversely affect the domain owners to sell their domains.
HUH?!?!? Yeah, like a domain owner is going to be 'affected' in the selling their premium domain name because some (mostly clueless) domainers are discussing the pricing of their domain. OMG! smh. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
As mentioned above this domain could get an easy 7 figures. And if the owner decides to do any fair negotiating with a buyer on his 10 million price valuation, then it just might fall within a 7 figures price tag...

•••
Someone who wants to do a rebrand, or a new division under a different brand - for any reason. It's common, to avoid brand dilution you get a separate one for a different product even in the same field.

Edit: One company in my country did this mistake. They were selling furniture materials. Then they went full DYI and started losing momentum due to brand confusion. I've kept saying this for years, weird how a big firm can make such a big mistake.

Years later, someone put them in their senses and they got a separate brand for DYI and now are rolling high.

You can also add weight / borrow momentum from the existing brand, e.g. a note: "Transport.com, a xxxx company" where xxxx is the existing, renowned but different brand.

The seller can definitely get that payment.

Good points. I can't see a rebrand so much, since that seems pretty rare unless the current name has become poison, but a new distinctive brand, even from a large company outside the transport industry wanting to establish itself quickly, is a good possibility.

•••
To the RIGHT buyer, yes, 10 mi USD. Seller may have to wait though.

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back