IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

NameSilo
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Need to pay attention if companies are branding with it plus if there are sales and offers

Merged or even mixed for example got no salesa no companies using it in domain names so they are riskier.

•••
They are branding with it because it’s cheaper, many companies who have branded with it have done so for $8.99, I’d also brand with it rather than paying $10,000 for the VR, AR or Immersive variant.

How many companies have paid $3000+ to brand around XR? You can count on 1 hand.

I look at some of the so called best keywords in XR and many cases the .net’s/.orgs are not even registered, what does that say? Someone’s advertising a fantastic XR keyword in .org with on NamePros auctions (360) no one’s even bidding $1.

‘Chat’ (fantastic keyword) sold for around $100 in .com, is that because people missed it or not just interested? As it’s not registered in other extensions i think it’s more because they aren’t interested and if there’s no interest what does that say?

XR has been around for over 2 years now, so people are aware of it.

•••
They are branding with it because it’s cheaper, many companies who have branded with it have done so for $8.99, I’d also brand with it rather than paying $10,000 for the VR, AR or Immersive variant.

How many companies have paid $3000+ to brand around XR? You can count on 1 hand.

I look at some of the so called best keywords in XR and many cases the .net’s/.orgs are not even registered, what does that say? Someone’s advertising a fantastic XR keyword in .org with on NamePros auctions (360) no one’s even bidding $1.

‘Chat’ (fantastic keyword) sold for around $100 in .com, is that because people missed it or not just interested? As it’s not registered in other extensions i think it’s more because they aren’t interested and if there’s no interest what does that say?

I would have paid 500$ and more for chat and others as well imo.
I wont pay more only because Ive got enough in this niche.
I think buyers are buying also for mid high x,xxx now

•••
There is a future in XR, no doubt. Many companies, large and small are branding around it and using the term to describe their immersive products. However, like with anything else, it’s best not to over extend oneself in any single investment. 2 of the 3 XR names I own are hand regs and the other was acquired from Godaddy close outs. When acquisition costs are low, we can afford to ride the wave and sell on our terms.

Dumping thousands of dollars into a single speculative name is very risky as an investor and puts extreme pressure on us to justify these purchases which, in turn, may cloud our best judgement.

•••
Well without sounding too much like a bullsh#tter there are decent offers still being made.

Even yesterday myself and Elad turned down an $x,xxx offer for XRgaming

There has been a very good recent sale that was purchased by an end user. This was a few weeks ago, won't be long until its reported

•••
Well without sounding too much like a bullsh#tter there are decent offers still being made.

Even yesterday myself and Elad turned down an $x,xxx offer for XRgaming

There has been a very good recent sale that was purchased by an end user. This was a few weeks ago, won't be long until its reported
No doubt. I’m receiving consistent offers on a couple of my XR names. Nothing worth entertaining just yet but consistent interest nevertheless.

Last edited:
•••

The highest "immersive" sale of recent times was only $600 odd so do you think that people would currently pay more for an immersive domain name than an XR one?

Genuine question.

I have a few immersive myself. But so far zero interest.

•••
The highest "immersive" sale of recent times was only $600 odd so do you think that people would currently pay more for an immersive domain name than an XR one?

Genuine question.

I have a few immersive myself. But so far zero interest.

Clearly not, if NameBio says not but ‘Immersive’ as a word is not going away though, if virtual tech is going to be successful as we all hope ‘immersive’ will be a word used a lot in it, XR is not guaranteed to be.

If i was a to have my choosing of any single word or 2 words domain related to virtual tech, I’d pick ‘Immersive dot com’ over anything personally, whether ‘Immersive+keywords’ have a future that remains to be seen.

•••
Unless it’s Immersive(.)com, the “immersive” keyword is just too long to put into any domain, imo.

It’s probably gonna be a word that’s used in articles for quite a while, but that’s about it.

I still think XR will be used more for branding, and that we’ll see an increase over the next couple of years as the cost of the technology keeps coming down and development keep going up.

Still though, as with any other niche, only the best keywords will be worth anything.. the rest will at best get $xxx, if that. And that’s all it really boils down to.

•••
Unless it’s Immersive(.)com, the “immersive” keyword is just too long to put into any domain, imo.

It’s probably gonna be a word that’s used in articles for quite a while, but that’s about it.

I still think XR will be used more for branding, and that we’ll see an increase over the next couple of years as the cost of the technology keeps coming down and development keep going up.

Still though, as with any other niche, only the best keywords will be worth anything.. the rest will at best get $xxx, if that. And that’s all it really boils down to.

If you ask me, if you got a chance to get a good enough keyword in each of these, go for it!

•••

It depends if it defines the industry. If people feel the need to use a catch term for VR/AR i personally like ‘immersive’ more than anything.

Intel have used the term ‘immersive sports’ i can see ‘immersive TV’ being a thing and things like ‘Immersive shopping’ and ‘immersive p*rn’.

Last edited:
•••
It depends if it defines the industry. If people feel the need to use a catch term for VR/AR i personally like ‘immersive’ more than anything.

Intel have used the term ‘immersive sports’ i can see ‘immersive TV’ being a thing and things like ‘Immersive shopping’ and ‘immersive p*rn’.

But I think the one thing to consider is companies are branding with XR for a reason. It's short/catchy.

Immersive is a great descriptive word. Metaverse is a great concept word. But there must be a clear reason why companies are branding with the umbrella term XR over older alternatives.

•••
But I think the one thing to consider is companies are branding with XR for a reason. It's short/catchy.

Immersive is a great descriptive word. Metaverse is a great concept word. But there must be a clear reason why companies are branding with the umbrella term XR over older alternatives.

I don't think they are, it's a recently made up abbreviation and 99.5% of the world are not using it and not aware of it.

If i type “XR VR” on Twitter now, tomorrow and 1 month from now i will find the same faces over and over and within 5 seconds, what does that say?

Yet if i type words like ‘immersive’ and even ‘mixed reality’ on social media the vastness of people of using these terms is huge, what does that say? I can say ‘immersive’ to a friend who doesn’t know much about VR/AR and they will know what i mean.

I agree there are ‘some’ companies branding around XR, but i've gave my reasons why i think that. Do you honestly think it’s going anywhere though? As it moved forward from this time last year or gone backwards?

As far as domains are concerned, i look at this thread and i see the whole XR domain investment push is being mostly cheerlead by 4 people, I’ve seen domain investors spam companies and people on social media to use the term, another domain investor backing other up like you don’t know each other but agreeing with each other how great ‘XR’ is trying to get that company or person (like Robert Scoble) to use it.

If XR is going to be a thing, this wouldn’t need to happen so i do think people here know that deep down, sorry to put it blunt like that but that’s the way i see it.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think they are, it's a recently made up abbreviation and 99.5% of the world are not using it and not aware of it.

If i type “XR VR” on Twitter now, tomorrow and 1 month from now i will find the same faces over and over and within 5 seconds, what does that say?

Yet if i type words like ‘immersive’ and even ‘mixed reality’ on social media the vastness of people of using these terms is huge, what does that say? I can say ‘immersive’ to a friend who doesn’t know much about VR/AR and they will know what i mean.

I agree there are ‘some’ companies branding around XR, but i've gave my reasons why i think that. Do you honestly think it’s going anywhere though? As it moved forward from this time last year or gone backwards?

As far as domains are concerned, i look at this thread and i see the whole XR domain investment push is being mostly cheerlead by 4 people, I’ve seen domain investors spam companies and people on social media to use the term, another domain investor backing other up like you don’t know each other but agreeing with each other how great ‘XR’ is trying to get that company or person (like Robert Scoble) to use it.

If XR is going to be a thing, this wouldn’t need to happen so i do think people here know that deep down, sorry to put it blunt like that but that’s the way i see it.

Mate, I have made almost 30k in sales to end users for XR names so I would say it is going forward.

•••

Mate absolutely fine to put your point across.

I think the thing you are not considering though is it seems you are looking for XR to be a search term. It is a branding term.

Companies can still rank for VR/AR by branding with XR.

XR is an umbrella term. The search terms will always likely to remain virtual reality and augmented reality. Do you get what I'm trying to say, not sure if I'm explaining right?

As for domainers pushing the term XR on social media. I don't personally do that but yes I know what your getting at. Thing is though it was the tech world who came up with XR and initially started to push it. It was not invented by domainers.

•••
Mate absolutely fine to put your point across.

I think the thing you are not considering though is it seems you are looking for XR to be a search term. It is a branding term.

Companies can still rank for VR/AR by branding with XR.

XR is an umbrella term. The search terms will always likely to remain virtual reality and augmented reality. Do you get what I'm trying to say, not sure if I'm explaining right?

As for domainers pushing the term XR on social media. I don't personally do that but yes I know what your getting at. Thing is though it was the tech world who came up with XR and initially started to push it. It was not invented by domainers.

Well i don’t want to get into a huge debate about it, we all have our own views just as all companies do, no one’s in fully agreement what we call things, which is why we are having this conversation i guess.

But i will say having around 8 different terms and all meaning the same thing is not helpful for the growth of VR/AR, which is what we all need to see grow at the end of the day.

•••
Do honestly think it’s going anywhere though? As it moved forward from this time last year or gone backwards?

Well for me mate it's been a big improvement.

I sold XR P#rn with Elad for $12,500 plus extras (one of the domains we got for free we turned $10,000 and $5,000 offers down)

Like I said I know of another decent XR sale which will be announced soon. I have turned down quite a few offers on other XR domains but being honest these were not nothing to shout about.

So yes for me I am genuinely seeing more interest in my XR portfolio. But yeah I agree about not dragging things on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and sometimes it's good to get counter arguments so I thank you for that(y)

Last edited:
•••
But i will say having around 8 different terms and all meaning the same thing is not helpful for the growth of VR/AR, which is what we all need to see grow at the end of the day.
I get where you’re coming from. If I was invested heavily in VR, I wouldn’t want any other term competition either.

•••
I get where you’re coming from. If I was invested heavily in VR, I wouldn’t want any other term competition either.

I'm not heavily invested in VR in terms of domains, i have 3 key VR domains and one of those I've agreed a deal principal for in the next few weeks, most of my investments in virtual tech it make no difference what things are called in terms of abbreviations.

I have more of an interest in single word domains now, so this is where I'm trying to invest in.

•••
I think your both right.
this is a 1-2% hopeful industry. No XR will not blow up mainstream with domains like 4L ,
BUT ,
if you have a nice portfolio of 10-50 , maybe you will get 1 nice sale to make them all worth it .

isn't that the point ?

•••
I'm glad you are still mentioning chat in king. I got it thanks to this thread and i follow others as well. This is the domaining biz you not always right until you get an offer and even if you don't you will never predict the future otherwise you will be either a millionaire or a total genius. Don't put all your eggs in one basket is what I learned from all this dn business. Never try to predict cos you might ended up looking like a complete idiot or an a$$hole.

•••

Great points mate still early day's for sure and i too look forward to seeing more using Xr. I do like seeing it gaining traction since we all first chatted about it. To me still a gamble as anything can happen for sure.

•••
Thanks to @Elad n i have listed my domains on Dan Dot Com so interested to see what comes of it. Also have Btc as only payment option so look forward to watching this.

•••
I think there was an auction for XRtoken yesterday on dynadot
Wondering if everyone missed again (or just don't believe in XR like @Kingslayer mentioned)

•••
I think there was an auction for XRtoken yesterday on dynadot
Wondering if everyone missed again (or just don't believe in XR like @Kingslayer mentioned)

It would be interesting to find out what a XR+ Reported $500,000 keyword achieved (Tokens.com) and whether it went to an end user or domain investor.

Token/Tokens is a huge keyword Imo putting my personal bias aside. Token/Tokens are non offensive and becoming widely accepted term for Cryptocurrencies/Cryptoassets which are tarnished a bit from a lot of bad press.

If it went to an end user great, but a private non-end user I’d take the sale with a healthy level of skepticism.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back