IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

NameSilo
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Am I reading into this correctly? XR Chat dropped and was caught by NJ?

•••
•••
Turned down an offer of 20 K for one of my XR domains on Monday. Offer came via a broker.
My XR portfolio is one of the tops.
Have turned down several offers over the last 7 months for 5 XR domains. Now that Microsoft and others have moved from VR and AR to XR for its "umbrella terms for virtual, augmented, mixed" for branding, premium XR domains will go up in value. I plan to hold and NOT accept any offers less than 6 figures.

•••
Yes, I'd imagine XRChat.com would fetch a nice price -- congrats on the catch.

•••
Don't know what's happening but my adult xr domain received 5k visits this month.

•••
Yes, no reason to sell your premium XR domains to domainers unless it's a "financial emergency". End-users have come calling, and they're hiring brokers to get the deals done.

•••
Turned down an offer of 20 K for one of my XR domains on Monday. Offer came via a broker.
Have turned down several offers over the last 7 months for 5 XR domains. Now that Microsoft and others have moved from VR and AR to XR for its "umbrella terms for virtual, augmented, mixed" for branding, premium XR domains will go up in value. I plan to hold and NOT accept any offers less than 6 figures.

Through which platform did they contact you?

•••

What do u own?

•••
•••
Through which platform did they contact you?
Through the leading IP broker firm in the world -- all completed transactions require NDAs --- as they purchase IP on behalf of Fortune 500 companies. In fact, my biggest IP sale ever came via this company in 2002 -- suffice to say the transaction was sweet as it allowed me to purchase two houses and fund a startup and take a 2 month vacation in Italy.

•••
Through the leading IP broker firm in the world -- all completed transactions require NDAs --- as they purchase IP on behalf of Fortune 500 companies. In fact, my biggest IP sale ever came via this company in 2002 -- suffice to say the transaction was sweet as it allowed me to purchase two houses and fund a startup and take a 2 month vacation in Italy.
My dream... well.... ANY of those funded by a sale.

•••
•••
I would love to see your XR portfolio...

Wouldn't we all:cautious: would also love to be declining $20K offers for an XR domain and waiting for a 6 figure pay day. yupO_o

•••
I remember when a NP member asked members of the forum to assess the value of a domain he owned, as he hadn't been involved in domaining. He purchased the name cheaply in the late 1990s and launched a dating site with the URL, but after Match.com was launched, and others followed, he couldn't generate traffic. This was pre-Google.
If I recall, some members on the forum gave well-below-market value (as low as 50 K) for the domain. I tried to buy the name for my company, but we were too late.
It sold for 2.6 million USD -- the name was Social.com - purchased by Salesforce.com. Timing was perfect as Salesforce's theme at its annual DreamForce that year was SOCIAL.
When you expose your names on a forum, especially where you have no desire to sell them there, you risk having members "under value" or "under price" your domains -- such that even XR.COM would be vulnerable to low appraisals.

So why even mention a 20 K offer? To alert those with super premium XR domains NOT to under-sell them unless it's a case of dire financial straits -- which happens to millions worldwide and is completely understandable.

•••
I can expect most to agree with me that, even without divulging your names, your messages today are appreciated. It’s useful info. Thank you.

The distinction between Premium and Super Premium is not clear to me, and I hope that, in time, just where the lines fall between the various tiers will become more clear. Perhaps you perceive there to be exposure in showing your hand, and that’s to be respected. My thanks to others here who have helped enlighten newcomers such as myself, and helped me begin to draw the lines.

•••
I remember when a NP member asked members of the forum to assess the value of a domain he owned, as he hadn't been involved in domaining. He purchased the name cheaply in the late 1990s and launched a dating site with the URL, but after Match.com was launched, and others followed, he couldn't generate traffic. This was pre-Google.
If I recall, some members on the forum gave well-below-market value (as low as 50 K) for the domain. I tried to buy the name for my company, but we were too late.
It sold for 2.6 million USD -- the name was Social.com - purchased by Salesforce.com. Timing was perfect as Salesforce's theme at its annual DreamForce that year was SOCIAL.
When you expose your names on a forum, especially where you have no desire to sell them there, you risk having members "under value" or "under price" your domains -- such that even XR.COM would be vulnerable to low appraisals.

So why even mention a 20 K offer? To alert those with super premium XR domains NOT to under-sell them unless it's a case of dire financial straits -- which happens to millions worldwide and is completely understandable.

Good luck.

XR is doing well and will do better.
As you can see, there are still chances to get super names.

Elad

•••
Good luck.

XR is doing well and will do better.
As you can see, there are still chances to get super names.

Elad
I agree -- it's possible to get excellent names. But I've noticed through WHOIS, wherein the domain is not listed private, the super-premiums, for the most part, have been scooped by investors, branding firms, and potential and existing end-users.

The difference between super-premiums and premiums is really a fine line and not easily determined, as it would be for homes, rare wines, cars, even baseball cards. It's actually closer to contemporary and modern art valuations, where what and who's in determines the market value, as in the LLL & NNN boom in China in 2016, or 2015. XR.com, VR.com, AR.com -- all super-premium domains. But so is OpenXR.com now, and a few more. (I do not own OpenXR.com -- I believe it's owned by a person or company from China)

Also, value can be determined by sheer luck --- as in the 8.5 million sale of FB.com (who could have predicted Facebook, before that name was acquired?)
I got lucky with a high domain sale some years ago after a conglomerate went to a branding company to brand a new product and it came back with 4 possible names (I owned one) -- they chose mine due to trademark obstacles with the other 3.

•••

1) I don’t think too many brokers would represent XR domains at this stage, at least the top brokers.

2) ‘If’ you have found a broker to represent an XR domain and you turned down $20k, if he/she had any sense about them they wouldn’t want to waste any more time representing it anymore (people don’t work for free).

I don’t like saying this, but i call bullshit. We used to see this type of stuff in the VR thread all the time and it’s not helpful.

If you could post a screenshot of this offer (sensor out the domain and any other personal info but just leave the ‘XR’ part showing) I will apologize instantly.

Last edited:
•••
If you could post a screenshot of this offer (sensor out the domain but just leave the ‘XR’ part showing and any other personal info) I will apologize instantly.
Your right, the essence of NP is verifiable information.

•••
•••
Most people would grab $20k but those who say "No" wont.If i see the opportunity and the chances of selling higher,its easy "No".Except there are personally financial issues.If you have a good back up not to accept a deal,i dont see a anything wrong in saying no.$20K is a lot to most domainers as they sell to reinvest but not everyone can say no like @nametrekker ,whom I believe even if he didnt tell me the name.People reject $100k.They are on namepros.
I have rejected $5k on $94 purchase within 9 days of a new purchase.I know most would rush to accept and report as a good profit but we all have our different goals and aims in this business.

I have seen a domainer say no to $20k offer as he wanted couple of thousands more and buyer came back.Common guys,this is why most make easy 6 figures while others are trying to sell more to get to 6 figures.
When i reject my own 5 figures,i would also say it here to encourage .

Last edited:
•••
Most people would grab $20k but those who say "No" wont.If i see the opportunity and the chances of selling higher,its easy "No".Except there are personally financial issues.If you have a good back up not to accept a deal,i dont see a anything wrong in saying no.$20K is a lot to most domainers as they sell to reinvest but not everyone can say no like @nametrekker ,whom I believe even if he didnt tell me the name.People reject $100k.They are on namepros.
I have rejected $5k on $94 purchase within 9 days of a new purchase.I know most would rush to accept and report as a good profit but we all have our different goals and aims in this business.

I have seen a domainer say no to $20k offer as he wanted couple of thousands more and buyer came back.Common guys,this is why most make easy 6 figures while others are trying to sell more to get to 6 figures.
When i reject my own 5 figures,i would also say it here to encourage .

There are a lot of factors to consider.

Anyways, I'll consider it as a clickbait till I'll get some info, otherwise I see no reason to post it at all

•••
I can tell you that though.

XR is my most profitable niche by far in the last few years and it hasn't really touched my portfolio.
Managed to diversify my tech portfolio thanks to it and reduce risks.

Im surprised to see names like XRtourism and XRchat just going for a dropcatcher price.

People are sleeping here!

•••
•••
Back