IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are these domains good
Xrslot
Xrswitch
Xrbulletin
Need your review

•••
•••
•••
20181022_161627.jpg
was looking for any developed sites that included the XR names i have and i stumbled across this one

•••
" Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller ... notes that the designations “R” in the phone’s name doesn’t mean anything much — at least, not anything specific. But almost immediately after noting that, he transitions to the world of sports cars, where the letters R and S denote cars that are 'really extra special.' "

Apple’s top marketer attempts to demystify the misunderstood iPhone XR

Holding XRphones in king.

•••
" Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller ... notes that the designations “R” in the phone’s name doesn’t mean anything much — at least, not anything specific. But almost immediately after noting that, he transitions to the world of sports cars, where the letters R and S denote cars that are 'really extra special.' "

Apple’s top marketer attempts to demystify the misunderstood iPhone XR

Holding XRphones in king.

Maybe I am reading this article wrong but this hasn't actually got anything to do with extended reality as it?

It's pretty much saying that the R doesn't really mean anything in the iPhone 10R.

But in cars such as the Audi, RS means a sporty version.

But totally contradictory to this, they named the budget version of the iPhone a 10R?

Last edited:
•••
I've seen increased traffic to my xrdevice and xrvia dawtcoms. Also discovered a company that may wish to move from its current domain to my xrjump in future. And I think we will be seeing xR getting a big push with the forthcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

Also if the rumours about a new PlayStation possibly coming late-2019/early-2020 have any merit, could we also see a successor to PSVR... (PSxR perhaps?)

•••
@NamePov Right, nothing to do with reality tech. They’re saying X is cool, R is cool, so XR must be super-duper cool! :smuggrin:

Qualcomm and Apple are such buddies, they must not care Apple is using their attempted trademark. :whistle:

•••
I need to lighten up my xr portfolio. I have a lot. Pm me if you're interested.

•••
XR ASSOCIATION RELEASES INDUSTRY-WIDE COLLABORATION TO GUIDE AR/VR DEVELOPERS

https://xra.org/

CALIFORNIA — Today, the XR Association, the trade association representing the technology manufacturers who power the virtual, augmented, and mixed reality industries, released a first-of-its-kind Starter Guide for use by developers who design reality-expanding experiences. “XR Primer 1.0: A Starter Guide for Developers,” offers design guidance and creates an industry-wide standard for VR and AR developers.

This collaboration of top technology companies provides developers with fundamental design principles to improve applications across all platforms and achieve better user comfort and safety. The release of the Starter Guide aligns with the XRA’s mission to promote responsible development and adoption of XR technology globally.

“As augmented and virtual reality experiences continue to integrate more deeply into recreational, public health, workforce training, scientific, and other facets of all of our lives, the XR Association will continue to partner closely with developers,” remarked Debbie Girolamo, XRA President and Senior Corporate Counsel at HTC VIVE. “The Starter Guide for Developers creates a set of standards and a common language through which developers can optimize their processes and, ultimately, the end-user experience.”

Developers and other experts from across the broad XR industry collaborated to inform the creation of the Starter Guide documentation.

•••
XR ASSOCIATION RELEASES INDUSTRY-WIDE COLLABORATION TO GUIDE AR/VR DEVELOPERS

https://xra.org/

CALIFORNIA — Today, the XR Association, the trade association representing the technology manufacturers who power the virtual, augmented, and mixed reality industries, released a first-of-its-kind Starter Guide for use by developers who design reality-expanding experiences. “XR Primer 1.0: A Starter Guide for Developers,” offers design guidance and creates an industry-wide standard for VR and AR developers.

This collaboration of top technology companies provides developers with fundamental design principles to improve applications across all platforms and achieve better user comfort and safety. The release of the Starter Guide aligns with the XRA’s mission to promote responsible development and adoption of XR technology globally.

“As augmented and virtual reality experiences continue to integrate more deeply into recreational, public health, workforce training, scientific, and other facets of all of our lives, the XR Association will continue to partner closely with developers,” remarked Debbie Girolamo, XRA President and Senior Corporate Counsel at HTC VIVE. “The Starter Guide for Developers creates a set of standards and a common language through which developers can optimize their processes and, ultimately, the end-user experience.”

Developers and other experts from across the broad XR industry collaborated to inform the creation of the Starter Guide documentation.
That's a nice positive move towards the "XR" term integration.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I've seen an uptick the last couple weeks in the # of my XR .com that have gone 'red' - 'red' meaning names that Epik's Performance data is showing as being domains that have had their WHOIS searched more than once by multiple people in the last 6 months.

101XR
WorldofXR
XRChannel
XRforU - a reg to go with my XR4U
XRTelevision
XRVertise
XRXOXO - shows as being the most searched XR one so far. Any thoughts why? Its letter pattern?

A few more .com to add to the 'red' list:

XR4U
XR4You
XRilla

Had a 2k offer last year for VRilla in .com. What interest XRilla might bring, when I put it up for sale...….

•••
•••
•••
•••
Good read that along with the others they have recently posted about XR too.

•••
What is XR ?

Attachments

• xr-business-2018.pdf
    731.9 KB · Views: 139
•••
•••
I did the Evangelion XR ride at Universal Studios Osaka. - Video

As I'm a big Evangelion and rollercoaster fan, I thought this was pretty awesome. It's a rollercoaster that they also have outfitted for another experience but when they had a temporary Evangelion ride experience the response was so positive they brought it back again.

Had to wait 2 hours in line but it offered an experience like I've never had before. And they were able to pull off effects that would never be possible without VR... much cooler than being put in front of a big bubble theater screen with 3D glasses like the Harry Potter ride or Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney. It's cool they can take a preexisting ride and turn it into something completely different with software (and exterior decoration).

Have acquired:
vramusementpark / king
vrarcadegames / king
vrollercoaster / king

Checked and available if interested:
xrrollercoaster
xrcoaster
etc

Universal-Studios-Japan-Evangelion-XR-Ride-Eingang.jpg

Last edited:
•••
little traffic on a few XR's : ** path , xray ** , level ** in king
added a few adults that I wont mention lol
and first gtld sexr.me

•••
little traffic on a few XR's : ** path , xray ** , level ** in king
added a few adults that I wont mention lol
and first gtld sexr.me
I have a couple of adult names, as well. Unfortunately, one of my best has the dreaded dash in it.

Last edited:
•••
I've seen increased traffic to my xrdevice and xrvia dawtcoms. Also discovered a company that may wish to move from its current domain to my xrjump in future. And I think we will be seeing xR getting a big push with the forthcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

Also if the rumours about a new PlayStation possibly coming late-2019/early-2020 have any merit, could we also see a successor to PSVR... (PSxR perhaps?)
Guess I would have to hold this XRSwitch and sees how it goes

•••
A few more companies that decided to brand with XR

XRtales.com
XRsports.gg
XRl.gg
KairosXR.com
SeaBotXR.com
EmergeXR.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back