IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, I think a good comparison is the iPad. There were a lot of critics saying that no one NEEDS a tablet when we have laptops and TVs. But the iPad has been spectacularly successful and continues to sell. But the industry existed for years before Apple entered it.

You are expressing the exact same kind of skepticism about the Vision Pro that many had about the iPad. It won't replace laptops, TVs or Consoles, but in the same way that Apple breathed life into the boring tablet industry, the Vision Pro will breath Life into the headset niche, which is far from mainstream yet. .

Apple waits to see if new categories have potential before entering it. It's a very calculated, successful strategy of "Be not the first, but the best".

So with that said, it's safe to say that the Vision Pro is very likely to be a success, but we will find out for sure soon enough!

Last edited:
•••
Most of my domains are AR domains, why, because I know what I do, Apple, Tesla and other top brands will be down soon because of AR disruption, this is why Apple is afraid and not want to market it.
Just want to say:
I hope for you that you don't end up like some XR investors...
investing, holding, having no sales

(that's just what I read in this thread, a half year ago after vision pro demo)

Last edited:
•••
You don't understand consumer culture.

No one NEEDS a $1500 phone or a $700 snartwatch or a $3,000 TV but working class people with 9 to 5 jobs are the overwhelming majority of the people buying these things. It's possible because of payment plans and reselling to upgrade. The Vision Pro and it's less expensive versions in the future will be no different.
People do need a phone, it's become a necessity in life so people want the best and will go into debt for that, same as a car (getting from A to B) and TV is a necessity in every home (entertainment), so again people want the best in that and will go into debt and same with homes, people want the best quality of life for themselves and families so will go into huge amounts of debt for that.

Right now a VR/AR device is not a necessity and unless it becomes a necessity, students and working class people on a large scale (like they do with phones) will not go into debt to own one, if it was $1000 I would say yes they would, but as of today, average Joe’s in the masses will not go into $3500 debt for a VR/AR device.

As your other example (iPad), again this was 3 to 4 times cheaper than Vision Pro ie:- more buyable.

Let’s see what happens, it may infact be good for the growth VR/AR, but due to price it could also be another Google Glass and Apple have had failures over the years.

My prediction (things I’ve read) is Vision Pro is not going to revolutionise, but it’s a stepping stone for Apple for future headsets and any future headsets price needs to come down to around what a iPhone costs for mass adoption.

Last edited:
•••
People do need a phone, it's become a necessity in life so people want the best and will go into debt for that, same as a car (getting from A to B) and TV is a necessity in every home (entertainment), so again people want the best in that and will go into debt and same with homes, people want the best quality of life for themselves and families so will go into huge amounts of debt for that.

Right now a VR/AR device is not a necessity and unless it becomes a necessity, students and working class people on a large scale (like they do with phones) will not go into debt to own one, if it was $1000 I would say yes they would, but as of today, average Joe’s in the masses will not go into $3500 debt for a VR/AR device.

As your other example (iPad), again this was 3 to 4 times cheaper than Vision Pro ie:- more buyable.

Let’s see what happens, it may infact be good for the growth VR/AR, but due to price it could also be another Google Glass and Apple have had failures over the years.

My prediction (things I’ve read) is Vision Pro is not going to revolutionise, but it’s a stepping stone for Apple for future headsets and any future headsets price needs to come down to around what a iPhone costs for mass adoption.

No one needs a $1300+ smartphone. I've been using a new $200 Samsung for the past year and it has almost all the same bells and whistles, can take decent photos, play simulator games and so on.

No one needs a $3000 TV but they sell in the millions.

No one needs a $50k car when you can buy a cheaper one just as reliable for a fraction of the cost.

You understand whst I'm saying but you have a bias.

Apple never enters an industry until it's proven first. You repeat that the The Vision Pro is improven as something we need, but headsets have been a thriving industry for a DECADE now!

•••
The first Occulus was released in 2013... 11 years ago... Over a decade, yet skeptics find it hard to believe there's a market for a headset from Apple simply because it's $3500, despite them announcing that they'll be releasing cheaper models as well...

This is called logical bias.

Last edited:
•••
It's really not rocket science. ... Think of the Occulus as a regular PC and then think of the Vision Pro as a high performance gaming PC - most of which can cost thousands ($1,500 - $5,000+).

No one needs a gaming PC but they sell in the millions. Vision Pro will be a TV, Gaming console, Camera, Phone, PC, Tablet, VR device, AR device and more, all rolled into a single device.

Only the people who want a Vision Pro will buy one, just like Gaming PCs and Tablets.

•••
No one needs a $1300+ smartphone. I've been using a new $200 Samsung for the past year and it has almost all the same bells and whistles, can take decent photos, play simulator games and so on.

No one needs a $3000 TV but they sell in the millions.

No one needs a $50k car when you can buy a cheaper one just as reliable for a fraction of the cost.

You understand whst I'm saying but you have a bias.

Apple never enters an industry until it's proven first. You repeat that the The Vision Pro is improven as something we need, but headsets have been a thriving industry for a DECADE now!
What do you mean I have bias, do you keep replying this way towards me because of what I own (don’t type it publically)?

There is no bias in me, I say what I think and put my money where my mouth is and I buy what I think AFTER I said it and that is what you get with me.

I’m a grounded person, if something fails and I’m heavily invested in this area, I will say it has failed (see Merged) and I own the main in that too, even though I still think what i own is an important domain in immersive tech, i wouldn't advice anyone to buy keywords in it (unless things like 'games').

If people have invested $1 million in domains or $10 it makes no difference, we are all in the same boat, we are all here to potentially make money, I’m not an expert in VR/AR, I have a full time job outside this, I’ve made a lot of money in domains, but I’ve also made mistakes and I’m here to give my own experiences where I’ve failed and succeeded (so people can learn from me), there is no ego in me and I learn every day, I admitted as much today in how I underestimated ‘Spatial’ after researching more last night.

Don’t say I’m bias, I’m not that person!

•••
What do you mean I have bias, do you keep replying this way towards me because of what I own (don’t type it publically)?

There is no bias in me, I say what I think and put my money where my mouth is and I buy what I think AFTER I said it and that is what you get with me.

I’m a grounded person, if something fails and I’m heavily invested in this area, I will say it has failed (see Merged) and I own the main in that too, even though I still think what i own is an important domain in immersive tech, i wouldn't advice anyone to buy keywords in it (unless things like 'games').

If people have invested $1 million in domains or $10 it makes no difference, we are all in the same boat, we are all here to potentially make money, I’m not an expert in VR/AR, I have a full time job outside this, I’ve made a lot of money in domains, but I’ve also made mistakes and I’m here to give my own experiences where I’ve failed and succeeded (so people can learn from me), there is no ego in me and I learn every day, I admitted as much today in how I underestimated ‘Spatial’ after researching more last night.

Don’t say I’m bias, I’m not that person!

Everyone has biases. You are that "kind of person" because you're a human being. But if you take offense from the way I've said it I'll refrain from saying it again. We are having a harmless debate so please don't take what I've said personally. Let's keep it light huh?

But anyway...I hope the Vision Pro succeeds. Whether or not that will equate to anything meaningful in Spatial domain sales has yet to be seen. Unfortunately I'm not as invested in Spatial as I'd wish.

Last edited:
•••
Everyone has biases. You are that "kind of person" because you're a human being.
Can’t say I agree with that.

Here is a post of mine from a few years ago naming (what I believed) was the top5 VR domains:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/virtual-reality-domains-vr.823495/page-1280#post-6008121

A few months after this post, I bought one of those domains, so me buying one of these domains which I believed was one of best VR domains, I’m not allowed to think or say that anymore, because I’m bias if i do? No it does not, it just means I’ve put my money where my mouth is.

A few people know how I’ve been against umbrella terms like XR, how I felt it doesn’t help the growth of VR/AR but just because you know a domain I’ve invested in recently, I’m not allowed to say or think that anymore because i'm bias?

Again, no one knows the future, I may be wrong, I may not make any money again in domains and lose everything I’m currently holding, but if I do, domains have still be good to me, it’s the risk you take.

Last edited:
•••
Can’t say I agree with that.

Here is a post of mine from a few years ago naming (what I believed) was the top5 VR domains:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/virtual-reality-domains-vr.823495/page-1280#post-6008121

A few months after this post, I bought one of those domains, so me buying one of these domains which I believed was one of best VR domains, I’m not allowed to think or say that anymore, because I’m bias if i do? No it does not, it just means I’ve put my money where my mouth is.

A few people know how I’ve been against umbrella terms like XR, how I felt it doesn’t help the growth of VR/AR but just because you know a domain I’ve invested in recently, I’m not allowed to say or think that anymore because i'm bias?

Again, no one knows the future, I may be wrong, I may not make any money again in domains and lose everything I’m currently holding, but if I do, domains have still be good to me, it’s the risk you take.

The idea that everyone is susceptible to logical biases is one of the most basic principles in psychology. I called out what I thought was your biased perspective, but it wasn't an attack on your character or intelligence, because absolutely everyone has them, regardless of critical thinking skills or moral. My opinions on this topic is also littered with biases that are impossible for me to be aware of. Our biases are what shape us as individuals. It's just part of the human condition, my friend. But I'm not here to lecture folks on a domain forum about basic psychology :xf.laugh:

I appreciate you sharing your perspectives and I hope you're wrong, because I'm ready for big changes in tech. I welcome the hype of a new "era of computing", if it offers an advantage...an advancement that benefits society. I hope this is another "iPhone moment", and maybe that contributes to my own bias on the subject :xf.wink:

Cheers and good luck to everyone with Spatial Computing related names!

Last edited:
•••
We all invest our money in different ways and have different views, as mentioned above even big tech don't sing from the same hymn sheet, hence Meta's and Apple's totally different vision for immersive tech.

I'll be honest i don't like investing in developing tech nowadays for this reason, things can change all the time, i prefer to invest more sure things and have had more success doing that.

But I've made some solid investments in immersive tech, but so have many others here, lets see how it all goes (y)

Last edited:
•••
Nice pros / cons.

But one thing is for sure:

Disregarding the high price-tag, the 100k units Apple will produce will all sell.

Reviews in the social media channels will expose vision pro's full potential -
which seems to be massive.

For a fact, this will create some hype around it.

If Apple then comes out with a slightly cheaper headset, they will most likely have a broader buyer spectrum than before.

Increasing sales numbers will make it possible to lower production & resource costs.

2 years from now, a whole eco-system of apple vision glasses could have established;
many doing their zoom calls/ meetings with vision pro, as it is the 'It' piece,
the thing to have, the place to be; Zeitgeist.

Companies HR departments advertising they use vision pro, to get new applicants, etc.

We are starting to enter the mainstream market with AR/VR glasses, or as you can call it: Spatial Computing.

Only question:
Will this help us in our domain sales?

Will there be enough 3rd party developers, developing apps solely for vision pro,
as it was with the app store in 2008?

Will there be enough developers, doing the same for meta's quest?

I must admit:
Meta has brought prices extremely down,
if they somehow manage to copy some features of vision pro & get them in their headset,
for $300, that device will be a very interesting christmas / birthday gift.

Last edited:
•••
The iPhone XR pretty much ruined any chances of apple using XR as a marketing term... But XR will definitely get a boost from the Vision Pro launch.

Jesus, it's about time! It was a rumor since 2014 lol... Nearly 10 years...
So, you are saying that because it was used as a model number it can't be used it for anything else?

Excuses for failure ? XR get a boost from VisionPro ?

I have XR names, so it's a real bummer for me too... Trust me...

But colleges have "XR" degrees. There are "XR" events. And that may not be changing any time soon.... Because B2B
So, what exactly are you saying here. Because it sounds like this ///

XR is not going anywhere because of spatial ? Or is that iPhoneXR ?

I think that it was similar to MR was not going anywhere because of XR.

And

VR AR was not going anywhere because of MR

It just sounds like ///
excuses for what you were wrong about and leaving for what is next to be wrong about.

And I don't think you understand what spatial computing is.
Not sure how you can make proper investments in it without knowing.

Just one more term that gets sold among/between domainers with very little end use "in domains".
Very predictable. Over-hype.

•••
So, you are saying that because it was used as a model number it can't be used it for anything else?

Excuses for failure ? XR get a boost from VisionPro ?

So, what exactly are you saying here. Because it sounds like this ///

XR is not going anywhere because of spatial ? Or is that iPhoneXR ?

I think that it was similar to MR was not going anywhere because of XR.

And

VR AR was not going anywhere because of MR

It just sounds like ///
excuses for what you were wrong about and leaving for what is next to be wrong about.

And I don't think you understand what spatial computing is.
Not sure how you can make proper investments in it without knowing.

Just one more term that gets sold among/between domainers with very little end use "in domains".
Very predictable. Over-hype.
Please enlighten us what is spatial computing and how to invest in domains for that.

•••
I'm happened to seei that someone I must have ignored years ago is replying to me.

Moving right along.

•••
Please enlighten us what is spatial computing and how to invest in domains for that.
Spacial Computing It is about the interaction of virtual things within a false environment. No matter what form that false environment comes in. For that can even be a false environment on your 'mapped' real world.

And sometimes that virtual display can show real (non computer generated) things.

ie The virtual TV/Video player you overlay/positioned on your wall plays real video. Even though the TV/Video player is not physically real is one example. You can interact with it making it a picture frame on your wall or the whole wall.

"3D virtual Interaction" - Controlling or interacting with your "virtual space".

It does not care if that space is VR or AR. It is not dependent on it, just coordinated with it.
It does not kill VR or AR but enhances it.
It's not a separate kind of "reality" as some people seem to suppose or infer as seems to happen with other new terms in this field.

Just a "enhancement" to existing VR AR platforms in the form of interaction with the virtual environment.
It is probably more favorable to AR as long as there is 3d space/depth tracking of your real world, but it's certainly not limited to it.

So, I predict some more disappointment. Not that spatial computing is not a thing.
I am sure it will be discussed a lot. Apple used a term for something new that needed a name.
If you fail to apply a name for something you create, someone else will do it for you.
And you may not like the result.
But the need for a domain with it will be minimal. Like some of the previous mentioned.
Lack of need. But there will be some that are exceptions not rules.

But one might say Apple did not do a really good job defining the term to the public, but when I look back at the presentations, it is exactly what they said. Some want it to mean something else again ?
Mainly just domainers that want a word they can buy into. Don't take my word for it, take Apple's.
Apple is not the first to apply this tech this way, but it looks as if they will be the first to mass market it.

I'm ready for the next new word which will likely come from a competing product that is a joint venture of Samsung, Google and Qualcomm
It may come at the end of 2024 and send domainers in a new buying spree.
Chance's are, I am not going to be one of them.

•••
On the advise of a great friend,Elad,wanted to mention i turned down $5k offer for an xr name .Buyer started offering $500, $750 in 2019 and then last year offered $500 .Yesterday got the $5k offer as name is worth more the way I see it .Everything takes time and some good XR will have their shine.

Do not DM to ask for name .Ain't sharing it until things progress and I would share full details .

Peace to you all and wishing you all big sales 🙏.

I love this thread 😀.

•••
On the advise of a great friend,Elad,wanted to mention i turned down $5k offer for an xr name .Buyer started offering $500, $750 in 2019 and then last year offered $500 .Yesterday got the $5k offer as name is worth more the way I see it .Everything takes time and some good XR will have their shine.

Do not DM to ask for name .Ain't sharing it until things progress and I would share full details .

Peace to you all and wishing you all big sales 🙏.

I love this thread 😀.
What a nice read.(y)

Last edited:
•••
i just grabbed these keyword .coms:

webxr development
webxr experiences
webxr game
webxr browsers

•••
i just grabbed these keyword .coms:

webxr development
webxr experiences
webxr game
webxr browsers
I owned acquired WebXRGames.com sone years ago and let it drop maybe 3 years. I don't see WebXR domains ever trending. XR domains are hard enough to sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back