IT.COM

WTH, GoDaddy set my domain for sale with BIN without my permission!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A buyer contacted me today inquired about a LLL.com, he asked if I can lower my asking price.
I'm very surprised because I have never listed this domain name for sale to public.
I asked him where he saw it's for sale, he told me when he search via Godaddy, it shows he can get this domain name for $372,100 USD

I'm shocked. This domain name is in my Godaddy account for 7 years now, and I have never listed it for sale.

This domain name has received higher offer than the 'current BIN price', and I checked its current settings, it shows "Not Listed", that means not for sale. And there's no way I can remove the BIN status because it's "Not Listed"

How this happens? Why Godaddy set my names with a BIN price without my permission? This is a serious issue!

I have just PMed Joe Styler here and also will sent a ticket to Godaddy too.

bred.jpg

bprice.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And I just checked all my domain names what I set "Not Listed" at godaddy.

If I search some of them they are listed as taking offers from $2,000 USD

WTH!!!!!

•••
Someone have listed your domain on afternic or prev. owner forgot to remove. (and can happen at any time)

B.png

Last edited:
•••
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH GODADDY SUPPORT!!!!!?????????????

THEY DON'T KNOW HOW GODADDY PLATFORM WORKS?????

bprice.jpg

wth.jpg

•••
Someone have listed your domain on afternic or prev. owner forgot to remove. (and can happen at any time)

Show attachment 188139

I have never listed this domain name for sale at any platform.
Actually I have more names that set to "Not for sale" at godaddy being listed by "someone" and shows accepting offers starting from $2,000

And by searching my emails, I noticed all these names has been contacted by Uniregistry brokers and they will make an offer or ask how much I'm looking for. Then they will set that domain name for sale at Godaddy and set a accepting offers from $2,000 status. And I (godaddy account owner) can not change it.

This is a system bug, which made the domain being listed for sale without owner's permission.

But that was for taking offers, this time it is listed with a BIN price, which is a lot more serious.

•••
If I may make a suggestion, I think You should ask for the “registry level lock” @ verisign. Your domain is of big value and nowadays it is not so secure to keep the $1M+ domain on registrar lock. Or move to CSC , Markmonitor or such. The Registry lock cost extra but you’re more than secure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back