IT.COM

Wow, eNomCentral really sucks as a domain registrar!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just lost 5 very important domain names due to not receiving their renewal email. Worst of all, they apparently auctioned it off 3 weeks after it expired. I usually don't get this upset over these things, but 3 weeks to auction? Really?!

I'm never keeping a domain name with eNomCentral again!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
also, you can try to contact enom by email if you like, then you will understand how bad their contact department, no email address is valid!

•••
eNom violates every expectation I had. In 1999, my debit card was changed - so I called them on the phone to make my payments - the billing rep said I was "too stupid to use the Web". When they shut down their video showcase sites in 2007 - I and other customers offered to help them salvage the system that was hosting 20 to 40 thousand Web pages. For offering to help - my reseller license was cancelled, my domain names were seized by eNom, and all the associated Web sites were disabled.

The reason - really evil people run eNom - and their employees come off as zombies. Their conduct is like a company that loathes its customers and their own industry. I mean - what company shuts down tens of thousands of sites - and won't provide a way for customers to backup?

eNom doesn't just suck - they are evil. Check out their ownership - and you'll be enlightened.

Last edited:
•••
Yep. They have fallen from a great height in terms of service. It's been a continual downhill battle. They've been more interested in trying to repay shareholders for bad investments rather than looking after their #1 source of their revenue. Their customers. It's a shame. They were once a great domain registrar. How things have changed.

•••
I admit, I should've been more careful about the credit card issue and expiring domain names with eNom. The spreadsheet was taken offline because it was inaccessible due to it being in a archived subforum. Also, the spreadsheet was meant for keeping a tab on investments rather than expiration dates. I dont know many people that look at their spreadsheets to remind them of renewals. It would be best to get SMS/Email or keep it on auto-renew with a valid card.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back