Dynadot

poll Would you have the success without NamePros?

NameSilo
Watch

Would you have the same success in domaining if you hadn’t joined NamePros?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes (I didn't need any help)

votes
    13.3%
  • No (Thank you, NamePros)

votes
    64.3%
  • Maybe (It's possible)

votes
    18.6%
  • Other (Explain in a reply)

votes
    3.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
Would you have the success in the domain name industry if you had not been a member of NamePros?

My answer is simple, No I wouldn’t have and still have the success I have had in the domaining industry hadn’t I joined NamePros.

NamePros provided me a foundation to begin my journey in the industry, NamePros provided me the opportunity to learn the different aspects of the domain industry without even having to ask a member, it was all there in the search box waiting for me to read.

After about 3 years of domaining, I began to find my niches within the industry, that due to the friends I had made here and established a trustful relationship with, without thier guidance there is no way I could have ventured deep into the deep depths of the industry, it took me 5 years before I was seeing any real results from my labor I had put into domaining, not everyone is a “Natural” and I knew I had something to contribute to the industry, but just didn’t know exactly what it was until that 5 year mark.

It was my friends here at NamePros that helped me get through those peaks and valleys, that to include the owner and moderators here back in those days, I think the community kept me motivated through the times I felt like throwing in the towel due to the peaks and valleys that I had to go through to expierence some success in the industry.

I think one thing that may helped me, I was not jealous of people that were having great success, instead of jealousy , I had admiration for them and began paying attention to thier posts, reading deep into not only thier success , but thier theory and ideals.

In no way am I near as successful as “Pro” status domainers here, but it was NamePros who made me a true successful domainer, and a better person as well I would like to think.

In all due respect, please refrain from talking about or posting about other domain name forums in this thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Success shouldn't be measured with amount of profits in $$. Success is to find something enjoyable to do.

A business is profitable.

The IRS has a name for an unprofitable business - a hobby.

•••
A business is profitable.

The IRS has a name for an unprofitable business - a hobby.

Working to hoard prizes (money) ends up with a wasted life. All we know this well. Because all we have seen multiple times that the people we know in person died and left their hoarded things to other people. As we know this fact, we are unable to feel successful for the money that's more than to survive. We only try to believe our money proves our success but we know this is incorrect. Working hard for more money does not bring happiness. Because it's not a success. It's ridiculous to proud for tangible, countable, horded belongings. Because ownership of those things is transferred to someone with no effort after the end of life. This makes all your efforts worthless and make "ownership" fake.

Lion will waste his life if he tries to kill every moving animals in the jungle. Deer doesn't hoard all the grasses. They do their "jobs" only to survive/reproduce and spend most of their time for what they enjoy.

The only property one can own hobbies. Life of hobbies ends with their owners. This is a real ownership and is a real proud source if you do those better or if you enjoy more.

•••
Would you have the success in the domain name industry if you had not been a member of NamePros?

After a decade of membership I have gained
  • experience
  • skills
  • life lessons
  • knowledge
  • relationships
Success can be measured by many things, not just financial.

Cheers
Corey

•••
🚩

The real question is would
nP have the same success without its members???

Last edited:
•••
Without NP I would be still holding all the nonsense domains and most likely had an UDPR filled agains me for keeping a TM domain. @Acroplex and @Kate helped me to buy my first LLL dot com because I didn't know the proper way how to determine if the domain wasn't stolen few years back. Thank you NP and all Members who ever helped me, much appreciated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back