Dynadot

question Would you counter a 6 figures offer from a big company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is the biggest offer I ever got.

But the buyer is a Company, quite big in their Country.

What would you do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But the buyer is a Company, quite big in their Country.

What would you do?[/QUOTE]
wow first congrats..I should say u must accept the offer.coz opportunity knocks ur door once.
6 figure money.can run my entire family and my NGO for 1 year...
atlast its ur choice whether to accept or counter it..best of luck my friend..

•••
Greetings,

Research the company, it's annual net revenue, how much their annual marketing budget is, the company that does their marketing, the amount of sales regarding the product your name reflects.

Then research their competitors, contact them with "Your competitors want this name. Do you?"

Then do some math as to how much that name should really be worth to them, hit them with their own figures on how it will increase their revenue. Adjust your price 20% over what you are willing to accept and when they counter within or at that 20% margin or with your BIN price take the money and RUN!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

WPM

•••
I assume this never happened?

•••
i would take it, start a business , and buy a few more domains to sell in the next 10 years

the business ... not a serious business, just a simple one so i dont get bored + for pocket money . i live a simple life so something like 100k is enough ( actually its more than enough )

*what? no ferrari? ... naaah, id prefer a pickup truck .... we(family) like to go picnics and stuff

•••
•••
I'd guess they asked @italiandragon for a certificate of the appraised value from an independent authority

•••
I think it's all relative mate. I mean think about it this way..... let say u get 6 figures NOW but if you wait like 6 months or so you can get 25% more for the domain BUT you risk losing out on this current deal. Is an extra 25% worth the risk? Also, that 6 fixures NOW, if you invest it properly could grow alot more than 25% in 6 months. Basically what I am saying is that in my opinion.....money in hand right now is worth more than potentially more money later on. Money in hand now can be re-invested and can grow.... money that MIGHT come through in the future, doesn't exist yet. It may never come though. I would prefer to have $10 000 in my hand now than $12 500 in 6 months.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back