Dynadot

Would You Be Interested In This Tool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cfisher440

Impact
Doing a little market research so I would appreciate any feedback. Would you be interested in a tool that generates a daily spreadsheet of available domains you can hand register that is based on:

- The most common words found within recently registered domain names.

- Trending keywords on the Internet

- The most common patterns found within recently registered domain names (for example if “aabb” is trending within recently registered domain names I would create domains with that pattern within the domain).

The list would probably be a lot of Brandable type domains. Probably hundreds if not thousands of domain names you could hand register. Along with each domain, I would list the estimated value of the domain, the words that make up each domain since many of them would be brandables, the length of the domain, and I was even thinking of giving the names a rank based on the strength of the domain name (I would create this algorithm).

So it’s basically a name generator but instead of you generating the domains I am doing it for you based on words/patterns that are statistically trending and giving you many different ways to filter it so you can find those hidden gems that are not registered.

Also, is this something you would pay for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You would have to do a trial version of this;
and show if it brings value.

I am quite sure that there are people who would pay for it.

•••
I agree. It needs to be seen to understand if it's valuable for domainers. If ''Justin Bieber'' is trending on the Internet, it doesn't mean at all it's a good domain, all on the contrary.

•••
I agree. It needs to be seen to understand if it's valuable for domainers. If ''Justin Bieber'' is trending on the Internet, it doesn't mean at all it's a good domain, all on the contrary.

•••
•••
Doing a little market research so I would appreciate any feedback. Would you be interested in a tool that generates a daily spreadsheet of available domains you can hand register that is based on:

- The most common words found within recently registered domain names.

- Trending keywords on the Internet

- The most common patterns found within recently registered domain names (for example if “aabb” is trending within recently registered domain names I would create domains with that pattern within the domain).

The list would probably be a lot of Brandable type domains. Probably hundreds if not thousands of domain names you could hand register. Along with each domain, I would list the estimated value of the domain, the words that make up each domain since many of them would be brandables, the length of the domain, and I was even thinking of giving the names a rank based on the strength of the domain name (I would create this algorithm).

So it’s basically a name generator but instead of you generating the domains I am doing it for you based on words/patterns that are statistically trending and giving you many different ways to filter it so you can find those hidden gems that are not registered.

Also, is this something you would pay for?
This is a great idea and I would happily pay for it, keep us posted.

•••
If it was done correctly, I can see this being useful. I would be willing to beta test for you and give feedback. I have a lot of experience using other tools like DomainIQ, Namebio, Expired domains, Domain Hunter, Nameworth, and many other ones. Feel free to reach out if/when you make it.

Last edited:
•••
The problem you may encounter is the first user or two that use automated scripts to mass register the domains on that list and make the list less valuable to subsequent users. We've experienced this problem and I am not entirely sure what the answer here is. One idea is to limit results based on subscription level, but the folks with scripts tend to have more resources anyway.

•••
The problem you may encounter is the first user or two that use automated scripts to mass register the domains on that list and make the list less valuable to subsequent users. We've experienced this problem and I am not entirely sure what the answer here is. One idea is to limit results based on subscription level, but the folks with scripts tend to have more resources anyway.
Thanks for the feedback. That is something I have also thought about and I believe I have a solution for it so that each member gets their own personal list they can use to decide if they want to register the domains or not before those domains go out to everyone else.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback. That is something I have also thought about and I believe I have a solution for it so that each member gets their own personal list they can use to decide if they want to register the domains or not before those domains go out to everyone else.
Resolving collisions will be tricky. You will have to limit the list to a reasonable number of domains, and even then, some users may have the same name on their list. It's a valuable idea, don't get me wrong.

Please consider disclaimers in terms of IP/Trademark registrations as it would be difficult to prune those ahead of time. - not legal advice, and not trying to be preachy :)

•••
Resolving collisions will be tricky. You will have to limit the list to a reasonable number of domains, and even then, some users may have the same name on their list. It's a valuable idea, don't get me wrong.

Please consider disclaimers in terms of IP/Trademark registrations as it would be difficult to prune those ahead of time. - not legal advice, and not trying to be preachy :)
Those are some really good points that I will have to think more about.

Also you do not sound preachy at all. I appreciate your advice. You sound like you have experience. I may have to talk to you more about those disclaimers you’re referring to. I would love to learn more.

Also it’s worth noting Since I got pretty good feedback on this idea I’m still in the beginning stages of gathering this data and then figuring out if the data I would get back from doing all of this would be valuable enough to justify moving forward with the idea.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back