IT.COM

analysis Wondering why your domains not selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Prosperousness.com

Established Member
Impact
Good morning,

Wondering why your domains not selling for a checklist of what might be happening.
- getting offers on spam folder
- proxy whois not working or prevent offers
- landing page not working for some regions
- marketplace hide/prevent offers
- marketplace contact form showing errors
- not working captcha!
- UI errors
- marketplace errors, check this proof image
i.ibb.co/J7RSwPS/IMG-20230505-151009.png

- You are not responding on buyer emails buyer might be thinking that you are dead or something happened with you or your domain listing just FAKE!

- unrealistic prices! tons of crap domains listed with $xx,xxx-$xxx,xxx it makes harder to find gems. Be like a buyer and try to find your domain on marketplace by specific filters: price, tld, length etc. It's hard to find your domain it makes you are forever domain renewaler not seller.

Easier to find gems on expired domains rather on "marketplaces" that full of crap, fake and non authorized listings.

Check this proof image:
i.ibb.co/C82N08R/IMG-20230505-151130.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I posted help tips and advices and got dislikes what's wrong with people?

•••
Good morning,

Wondering why your domains not selling for a checklist of what might be happening.
- getting offers on spam folder
- proxy whois not working or prevent offers
- landing page not working for some regions
- marketplace hide/prevent offers
- marketplace contact form showing errors
- not working captcha!
- UI errors
- marketplace errors, check this proof image
i.ibb.co/J7RSwPS/IMG-20230505-151009.png

- You are not responding on buyer emails buyer might be thinking that you are dead or something happened with you or your domain listing just FAKE!

- unrealistic prices! tons of crap domains listed with $xx,xxx-$xxx,xxx it makes harder to find gems. Be like a buyer and try to find your domain on marketplace by specific filters: price, tld, length etc. It's hard to find your domain it makes you are forever domain renewaler not seller.

Easier to find gems on expired domains rather on "marketplaces" that full of crap, fake and non authorized listings.

Check this proof image:
i.ibb.co/C82N08R/IMG-20230505-151130.png

Actually some of these are quite real. such as:

- unrealistic prices! tons of crap domains listed with $xx,xxx-$xxx,xxx it makes harder to find gems. Be like a buyer and try to find your domain on marketplace by specific filters: price, tld, length etc. It's hard to find your domain

Also this:

- landing page not working for some regions = saw it in practice, always had various issues with certain landers, even if limited though.

You need to fix your English though.

Last edited:
•••
I posted help tips and advices and got dislikes what's wrong with people?
I am speculating but I'd imagine people seeing the title "why your domains not selling" were expecting some useful marketing tips and how to better sell domains.
Your post, however, is more about generic and random technical advice for potential bugs in platforms.

•••
Or it's simply a crappy domain name.

•••
''Wondering why your domains are not selling?'' - ''Because people are not buying it''. Let that sink in.

•••
Here's a great example of crap investment : Twiiter . com sold for $16,999 on DropCatch
Why crap? Because 100% UDRP

•••
But I see the trend with ii because i recently sold one word ii for $X,XXX

•••
Decrease in sales

Cryptos are now the money black hole

Last edited:
•••
Here's a great example of crap investment : Twiiter . com sold for $16,999 on DropCatch

You probably never heard "typo type-in traffic". That domain name will probably pay off in 1-2 years from just CPC ads.

I suggest you hang around a little longer before you jump to any sharp conclusions.

•••
some potential reasons your domains are not selling
times are slow
you paid too much and you can't get your money back.
your names are overpriced.
you turned down some fair offers.
your domains suck
you have a small amount of names in a brandable marketplace then is over loaded with junk
buyers agree and then don't pay
crypto and stocks are down
the usa is going into the toilet people are scared to spend money
you have have not made sacrifices to the domain gods
you portfolio is mainly tech trends that will not emerge for 254,943,44 more years
you only own .xyz

•••
Do you mean most Mericans invest in toilet paper instead of real assets?
youtube.com/watch?v=GVHYTdGUAZM

•••
•••
some potential reasons your domains are not selling
times are slow
you paid too much and you can't get your money back.
your names are overpriced.
you turned down some fair offers.
your domains suck
you have a small amount of names in a brandable marketplace then is over loaded with junk
buyers agree and then don't pay
crypto and stocks are down
you have have not made sacrifices to the domain gods
you portfolio is mainly tech trends that will not emerge for 254,943,44 more years
you only own .xyz
Ahhh, I didn’t make my sacrifice to the domain gods this month!!

•••
Why are you not winning the lotto?
  1. You lost your lotto ticket
  2. The store that sold you the lotto gave you a fake ticket
  3. Your ticket ended up in the washing machine and it got destroyed
  4. You forgot to look if you picked the winning numbers
  5. You had the winning numbers but you misread the ticket and you thought you lost
  6. The lotto went out of business
OR MAYBE

You didn't win the lotto because almost nobody wins the jackpot and the other winners are small winners.

Domaining is a gamble however, it is more like stocks and poker than playing lotto or a slot machine. Most people lose, so don't ask why you cannot sell your names as if that is is remotely the norm. Ask what you can do to get names that have a better chance (still unlikely) to sell for more than you paid for it.

If you have a name people want, in most cases you can leave the page with a big 404 error and a photo of a horse taking a giant dump and buyers will still find you.

Obviously it is important to have a functioning lander but the last thin on the list for why a name isn't selling, is because the lander was an issue. This doesn't mean you shouldn't try to have landers that work even with adblock etc

•••
photo of a horse taking a giant dump

Frankly, if I encountered this type of thing, I would directly press CTRL + W and go out for some fresh air.

I would never contact the registrant. Because I am afraid of horses.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back