IT.COM

Seller sold on namePros - I won auction on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kpett

Top Member
Impact
Please help me out here. A domain is listed on Flippa by a seller. I am the winning bidder of the auction and begin the Flippa Escrow process and I post my account number to the seller in the Sale Completion Area in order to transfer the domain. The seller then e-mails me the next day telling me he had already sold the domain. I ask him to prove it and he gives me a link to a namePros auction thread where he had sold the domain ten days earlier. However, even after selling the domain on namePros , he posted a comment on the Flippa auction with 4 days to go in the Flippa auction, stating "4 Days to go. 9 Watchers Waiting to bid."

According to Flippa's rules, there should be no double selling. What are my options?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He broke TOS on Flippa selling the domain externally while a live auction was occurring. I would contact him to rectify this issue -- and the appropriate support teams to help mitigate this.

•••
Share the domain and/or links to flippa and namepros auction would help

•••
Just report the issue to Flippa and provide link

•••
you should show us who is this seller..because namepros is a safe community, noone want to deal with iresponsable seller.

•••
I am not sharing links or names (yet) ... but the seller is a moderator here and should know better.

•••
Gosh ,hey been an eventful weekend here and I thought politics was bad, people behaving like this is concerning!

•••
If the domain is sold you really have no options - You can report him to Flippa and hope that they close or ban his account.

It's difficult for me to understand why you will not share links or name because if he don`t owns the name you will never get it.

•••
I highly doubt the seller is a mod here, as you wrote.
Unless you post the domain name and give the full facts, your thread have zero value.

•••
thats some pretty serious stuff to accuse an np moderator.

•••
So, we shall have to see what @Lakshan has to say. Domain name udrd.com - won by me via auction on Flippa. If he sold this domain on June 11 here on namePros, why is he posting a comment on the Flippa auction for the same domain on June 21?

Since I am new on namePros I cannot post direct links yet. However, here are the paths if you are interested:

Flippa link:
.... flippa (dot) com/ .... 8582175-udrd-com

namePros link:
.... namepros (dot) com/threads/ .... udrd-com-xvlb-com-xxcx-net-taking-offers.1023590/#post-6222234

The only thing I'm thinking is its a good thing I chose to use Flippa Escrow as opposed to sending $ to him direct through PayPal ...

•••
•••
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. So why did he keep an auction going on Flippa (and place a comment there) when he already sold the domain here on np? Doesn't running auctions on 2 sites break the rules of both sites?

•••
•••
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. So why did he keep an auction going on Flippa (and place a comment there) when he already sold the domain here on np? Doesn't running auctions on 2 sites break the rules of both sites?
I am sure it would be looked into as information has been made available and previous members have already commented on the rules ,

•••
•••
I am not sharing links or names (yet) ... but the seller is a moderator here and should know better.
That is terrible.

Band that man! Horrible. Don't tell me who it is, I will not respect him or her and would likely do the opposite of what they say!

•••
We need to get to the bottom of the story, thanks for reporting @Kpett.

•••
Thanks for sharing the info. I will wait to hear all the other side of the story before jumping to conclusions.
Learned that when I found out the hard way, Adam Dicker is a criminal thread.

By doing this you send a message to other people that dishonesty will not be tolerated

•••
@Kpett I saw the auction on Flippa, thanks for sharing this!

•••
Wow, watching the thread.

If anything, might of saved you a bunch of money... You were going to spend nearly $700 on a domain that he sold for $300 or less most likely.

Did he just own a ton of domains and lost track of what is listed and what is not? I suppose I could understand if it was a buy it now from a flippa portfolio listing... but this was an auction. wowser.

•••
•••
download.jpg

•••
•••
@Kpett
Hi, I'm very sorry for the trouble I got you on to.

At first the domain was listed in Flippa and did not met the reserve which was around $280 as far as I remember. Then I relisted the domain on Flippa. But I needed the money urgently and I sold the domain here.

I don't know whether I can cancel a auction @ Flippa or not. But I knew I could change the BIN and reserve as they send emails everyday to change the reserve and BIN. So I changed the reserve to around $650 or something assuming it will not sell as I was unable to sell the domain even for $250 & I didn't see anything special it it..

Unfortunatly it was sold. (2nd high bid was less than $200).

However I'm still discussing with the current owner to get back the domain and honour the sale.

@NADAMS
Please delete the current owners whois information as the current owner is a 3rd party which has nothing to do with this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back