IT.COM

domains With no desire to pay up for a domain name, should I quit domaining?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
So yesterday I got an email from someone who said they read the blog and wanted to know if they could give me a call? They have been involved in domain name investing for about two years with little to no success. He brought up a topic that I have discussed with friends before. He […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

even in all that context, one still wouldn't know all the unknowns i mentioned.

there is also a question about wholesale and retail.

where, and how do you figure the price was wholesale or retail, without knowing what the domain was used for, if at all

as i know of sales that were in 5 figure range, yet the domain remains parked, not resolving or under construction. or sales under $300, where domains were fully developed.

so, is it the platform where domain was purchased, the price it sold for, or what it was used for later, which makes it a wholesale or retail sale?

can it clearly be defined and categorized or is it a vague assumption or something that has to be determined on a sale-by-sale case?

all these things which are discussed, sound meaningful and relevant, yet if they are not fully broken down to the essence of understanding.... can add to the confusion.

imo...

I would say most don't care Don, I agree with what you wrote and have been breaking down behind the sales data for years.

I often go back to what someone told me in the early days of the .tv sub forum,

"Hey eq those education posts are great I suppose to long for me to read, all I care about is money, can you get me money for my domain names? I only care about the money."

This post I wrote is 9 years old from a reader

β€œIf I wanted to work, I would not be doing this”
https://tldinvestors.com/2011/06/if-i-wanted-to-work-i-would-not-be-doing-this.html

•••
Domaining is probably easy at the higher levels where everything is just dead obvious.... buying a 3L for 5k will always be profitable, for example.

And the recent pandemic is causing the shaky hands to drop their domains due to a decrease in sailz, decrease in revenue, so increased cost of renewals.

But that's why it's called investing... you have to hodl.

a month or so ago I got a $2k offer that almost turned into a sail. It let me down, but I just renewed and moved on. That's all you really have to do, lol. It's kinda like religion with a small amount of science... you have to believe in what you have -- unless you /know/ for certain it's good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back