IT.COM

domain Wines.xyz sold for 7500 USD . Cheeses.xyz ?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there ! Nice thread ;)

I'm actually the owner of Wines.xyz !
Hehe.

Cheeses.xyz is an exceptional name however you'll have to find an investor with a taste for cheese who has the money to invest. I would hold this name for a little while if I was you.

It's the plural form of cheese but the same could be said for Wines. Wines is more common then cheeses but still a good name !

Wine.xyz is available to register as well but at only $12,000 USD a year in Renewal Fees ...

"What a deal" ;) hahah

Wine.com sold for $3.1M
Wines.com sold for $2.9M
- Still gigantic numbers to compare -

Good luck with you're sales !

•••
Last edited:
•••
I got an offer for 200$ USD today, will hold for a few days to see if anyone wants to offer higher.

Many Thanks.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just noticed this sale:

cheese.xyz 215 USD

cheeses is worse

•••
•••
$215, you have the link

I think it happened also before the mass $2 and under regs at all those registrars.

Sales over $1,000 - https://namebio.com/?s=wNykDN5QDN

Pick the keyword sales from it, tell me what you see. It doesn't look like keyword sales are doing good to me. If you disagree, post the sales.

Looks like wines is the biggest keyword sale, I'm not counting deals because I don't think that went thru since the winner didn't have to pay per the NJ agreement with that auction.

Last edited:
•••
•••
ok, since the registration numbers skyrocketed because of the $2 and under regs, and just because Google has as exact match:

cheese - 368,000
cheeses - 12,100

cheese.xyz - 215 USD

So cheeses is a lot worse than that. If you get an offer for more than you paid for it, take it.

cheese has 356,000 (oops 355,900) more searches a month than cheeses, never heard people say cheeses, it's usually cheese.

obviously they're lying.

wine - 368,000
wines - 22,200

sheep - 246,000
sheeps - 18,100 - this is who you sell too, tap them

Even people that struggle with the English language have credit cards, so there is a market for those domains.

that domain is now worth 3 million U.S. dollars, ballpark

It's really hard, that domain you mentioned sold to another domainer, not an enduser. Not enough keyword sales out there. And the singular just works better than the plural. Just look at the exact match. There are so many tools out there and free, Google KW Tool, Namebio, DNPrices etc. and it seems like people just don't use them or do any studying whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
The wines.xyz for $7,500, probably overpaid:

wines.net - $13,000
wines.us - $2,050
wines.fm - $170
wines.es - $1,056
wines.asia - $4,500

I like cheese better than cheeses
Well, wines make you drunk and you overpay;)

•••
seems the plural doesn't works for me. But who knows you can get real offer for this and nothing to lost with $2 registration.

•••
sheep - 246,000
sheeps - 18,100 - this is who you sell too, tap them
I agree with pretty much everything else you've stated here, as you're looking at this from a commercial stand point, which is, of course, the key to investing.

However, "cheeses" is a word, it's a collective plural noun (or something). For example, a website selling "all types of cheeses", or an info site showing "all cheeses in the UK" or health info on "cheeses", etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cheeses
WIKI said:
This is a list of cheeses by place of origin.

It is a usable word, but I don't think it's particularly great, and is in xyz.
Value: $xx, maybe $xxx if you sit on it long enough.

•••
•••
The wines.xyz for $7,500, probably overpaid:

wines.net - $13,000
wines.us - $2,050
wines.fm - $170
wines.es - $1,056
wines.asia - $4,500

I like cheese better than cheeses

Some way to wasted money if it is a legit sale.

•••
cheese is an uncountable noun. Most uncountable nouns, like milk, water etc. can't be suffixed with 's'.

•••
Nouns that are usually uncountable are used as countable nouns when we talk about different types or varieties.

I tried several cheeses.

'Cheese' is usually uncountable. In this sentence we are talking about the different varieties of cheese, so it is countable.

•••
Some way to wasted money if it is a legit sale.

It's a legit sale. I'm the owner. I didn't waste any money, but thanks for your concern.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back