IT.COM

debate Will .xyz flourish in 2019?

NameSilo
Watch

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
What are your thoughts on .xyz in the coming year or two ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Why do you say that? You guessing, or is it that much?

Flourish.xyz not worth anything no matter what the renewal is.

•••
Flourish.xyz is for sale at $4,995.

Owner is a Chinese national.

nice domain, probably the renewal is around $600-$1,200.

Not so nice domain after all.

Normal renewal price.10usd.

•••
All nonsense, you are buying .xyz because of all this made up stuff?

I just wanted to say that if a person doesn't find a meaning of one thing, it doesn't mean that it has no meaning in others' views. I shared some real use cases of .xyz in 3D businesses because someone here may not be aware of this potential use or meaning of .xyz in the 3D field. You are free to think all the real cases are nonsense, disagree with me and ignore the real cases. But for me, the real cases make sense and I believe 3D technologies will increasingly be used thanks to the developments of Virtual Reality, 3D printing in manufacturing, embodied Artificial Intelligence and so on. So I choose to make a small investment in .xyz (i.e. model/xyz).

•••
I just wanted to say that if a person doesn't find a meaning of one thing, it doesn't mean that it has no meaning in others' views. I shared some real use cases of .xyz in 3D businesses because someone here may not be aware of this potential use or meaning of .xyz in the 3D field. You are free to think all the real cases are nonsense, disagree with me and ignore the real cases. But for me, the real cases make sense and I believe 3D technologies will increasingly be used thanks to the developments of Virtual Reality, 3D printing in manufacturing, embodied Artificial Intelligence and so on. So I choose to make a small investment in .xyz (i.e. model/xyz).

Even if all of that happened (extremely unlikely) why would anyone buy a .xyz at a premium price? The examples you gave are people choosing to spend $5 on a name. Same could be said of .biz or .mobi.

•••
•••
If they keep cheaper renewals like .top registry, it would kill the extension by spammers.
Registry never changed their premium pricing or premium domains from the beginning(like some other registries .co)

•••
shop.xyz renews at 13k with GD, maybe a bit less elsewhere.

End users "may" be willing to pay, but no sane domainer would do it.

The extension is not domaining friendly, at all.

•••
this year I managed to sell the domain: awal.xyz I got it for $ 1.
and now awal.xyz has become a very good website.

in my opinion the .xyz domain in 2019 the price can go up because many end users are developing it.

best regards

•••
Well if it's true about 3D and .xyz

I have 3Dbioprinting

So let's debate this one

•••
Whilst I value your opinions I have been looking at namebio for .xyz and there are some decent sales.
Not in the same ratios as .com but to say they are worthless is simply not true if you look at the stats on namebio

•••
It's better to invest in the lottery, better odds.
This thread about .xyz reminds me of the fake prank phenomenon on you tube.
The old generation knows they are mostly fake but a new generation is now being targeted and capitalized on because of their ignorance.

•••
It's better to invest in the lottery, better odds.
This thread about .xyz reminds me of the fake prank phenomenon on you tube.
The old generation knows they are mostly fake but a new generation is now being targeted and capitalized on because of their ignorance.
So are you saying that the sales of .xyz on namebio are fake ?

•••
One top bank from india going to launch their app on
Hyper.xyz
Funny, isnt it?

Last edited:
•••
So are you saying that the sales of .xyz on namebio are fake ?
Yes I am saying some of them are fake.
Do your own research.
How many of the top sales resolve?
How many of them resolved to the registry?
If you find one with an established website delve deeper.
Of all the new gtlds this is the shadiest.

•••
You will need very very good names in very specific niches to make this extension work.

I have a couple of crap names in this extension before I knew any better and will not be renewing them.

I will not be looking at this extension going forwards either, but if anyone is going to then that it is up to you and GL with it.

Past 12 months sales data below for this extension.....make of it as you will

Total Sales

$43.2k
Dollar Volume

$1,392
Average Price

$2,774
Standard Deviation

$101
Low Price

$15k
High Price

•••
Token.xyz sold this year for 14999
Hive.xyz sold this year for 2990
Wikia xyz sold this year for 4990

•••
One top bank from india going to launch their app on
Hyper.xyz
Funny, isnt it?
Yes it does sound funny especially for a bank because the site now resolves to an unsecured website.

Anyways some businesses use New g's as part of the marketing ploy for the extension.

•••

Great sales, right?

Let's take the first one, would you be willing to keep renewing it for few years until & if it sells?

Assuming the renewal is x,xxx?

Knowing that x,xxx & xx,xxx will cover your .com renewals, a portfolio of hundreds.

•••
Token.xyz resolves to the page of a domainer. Anyways do your own due diligence. Many cracks in the walls.

•••
For the reg fee of 1 dollar I would just let it expire if not sold in the first year.its low risk. I was talking to someone on here and they told me they bought a .com for 12000 5 years ago and with 5 renewal fees on top has still not even had an offer. I'd rather risk a dollar

Last edited:
•••
For the reg fee of 1 dollar I would just let it expire if not sold in the first year.its low risk. I was talking to someone on here and they told me they bought a .com for 12000 5 years ago and with 5 renewal fees on top has still not even had an offer. I'd rather risk a dollar
I don't see much of a risk in registering something for a dollar. Just don't get a thousand of them;)

•••
What are your thoughts on .xyz in the coming year or two ?

I am pretty sure .com will be doing ok in the upcoming year or two, so why would you invest in .xyz

•••
Because they are cheap and low risk. Some start-up businesses cannot afford the domain they want so go for the cheapest option until they can afford the .com version

•••
Assuming the renewal is x,xxx?

What is the renewal on token? (I presume as with the earlier speculation re renewal you made in this thread, you are just guessing, @MS-Domains, or did you research it and know this is right?)

I checked the Twitter thread where Andrew announced the token (xyz) sale but it does not seem to state a renewal cost (although I vaguely recall it mentioned somewhere).

The usual first test we do is check it out at MrDomain, and it shows the name as standard renewal which seems hard to believe (and that test is occasionally wrong, although most of the time they get renewal right).

I believe that it was @DNGear who sold it to Andrew about a year ago. Can you confirm what the renewal was please?

Those who invest in ngTLDs fully realize that the math does not work for domain investment involving high premium renewals (see any @lolwarrior thread to be reminded of this critical consideration). Really it is just talking at cross purposes to say the high renewals kill the extension if you are talking to those who don't invest in names in that extension with high renewal costs. Some high value words slip through without premium designation, and that is where the opportunities lie.

Anyway, if anyone can confirm the renewal for token in .xyz would like to know. Thanks!

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back