Dynadot

domains Will wholesale auction prices for .xyz keep going up?

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Sav.com and Docky.Ly are continuing to get some great wholesale pricing for expired and dropped .xyz names. Over the past month we are seeing names go for $2,500 routinely. Cafe.xyz became the second name to hit the $7,450 mark, the highest price we have witnessed from these two sites. cafe.xyz 7,450 USD 2021-12-04 Sav.com living.xyz […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably so.......

It's like sheep mentality, someone through brilliant foresight puts together a great .xyz portfolio over a number of years, starts to see positive results so every Tom, Dick and Harriet try's to jump on the bandwagon when all that's left is expensive wheels........

No one else has a chance of putting together such a big .xyz portfolio and they are going to have to pay through the nose to assemble one of any decent size - remember the average sell through rate in this industry? I think most people don't and are going to be holding very expensive domains for a long long time.......

Until others start regularly reporting decent sales ( x,xxx - xx,xxx) in this extension then I stand by the above and people should accept they have missed the boat.........or be prepared to pay BIG time to amass a sizeable portfolio

There's always the next bandwagon on the horizon though.......

•••
No one else has a chance of putting together such a big .xyz portfolio and they are going to have to pay through the nose to assemble one of any decent size - remember the average sell through rate in this industry?

Very true and the most important part of the equation.

•••
Cop.xyz just sold at Bido for 97 bucks which I thought was cheap.

•••
•••
I am spending around 2K per domain.( I mean a good one).

* I didn't mean to suggest anyone to buy without proper due diligence.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think it has a premium renewal tag of 350 usd.

•••
Sure prices will continue to rise as they do on everything. Dictionary words aren’t going out of style anytime soon.

The only thing that never increases is what domainers are willing to pay other domainers for a name. 😂 But give them an auction and the battle is on.

Last edited:
•••
I've been trying to sound the alarm for months. Too many people not willing to have an honest conversation about it. Too many getting excited and encouraging noobs.

Stream.xyz is available as a premium reg for 3k a year right now, that's an indication about the lack of demand. That would surely be gone if it was such a good investment. I was tempted but it's stupid...

Last edited:
•••
I can understand your intention. But people are not listening. Auction prices are rising up...

Tbh, there are lot of .com domains with sales landers. So do we think its due to lack of demand.

Dont be MadAbout.COMdomains? Just be MadAbout Domains.

•••
Sure prices will continue to rise as they do on everything. Dictionary words aren’t going out of style anytime soon.

The only thing that never increases is what domainers are willing to pay other domainers for a name. 😂 But give them an auction and the battle is on.
Yes been writing about it for years people don't want to put money in another domainer's pocket but will give it to GoDaddy, NameJet and now Sav.com.

•••
I can understand your intention. But people are not listening. Auction prices are rising up...

Tbh, there are lot of .com domains with sales landers. So do we think its due to lack of demand.

Dont be MadAbout.COMdomains? Just be MadAbout Domains.
If you think it's right to encourage people to buy xyz when you're sat on 19k of them then that's your prerogative.

If you read what I say instead of just down voting every post I make then you might realise that I do like all domains.

The truth is that you have been encouraging people with your behaviour and responses. You won't entertain reasoned analysis of your own situation nevermind others.

•••
I've been trying to sound the alarm for months. Too many people not willing to have an honest conversation about it. Too many getting excited and encouraging noobs.

Stream.xyz is available as a premium reg for 3k a year right now, that's an indication about the lack of demand. That would surely be gone if it was such a good investment. I was tempted but it's stupid...
I think you need to have an honest conversation with yourself. DNGear is killing it.

Block.xyz and Shop.xyz sold to very important people in their niches. What you are failing to see that has been obvious for years by DNGear and other sales— the court of public opinion is changed and thats what matters as far as sales.

I rest my case.

•••
I think you need to have an honest conversation with yourself. DNGear is killing it.
I have never disagreed with that. Try again.

•••
If you think it's right to encourage people to buy xyz when you're sat on 19k of them then that's your prerogative.

If you read what I say instead of just down voting every post I make then you might realise that I do like all domains.

The truth is that you have been encouraging people with your behaviour and responses. You won't entertain reasoned analysis of your own situation nevermind others.

I can proudly tell anyone in our community, Please register if you find a good keyword in .xyz and hold onto it.(Dont drop). Set a BIN price in Afternic and DAN. Forget about them.

•••
I can proudly tell anyone in our community, Please register if you find a good keyword in .xyz and hold onto it.(Dont drop). Set a BIN price in Afternic and DAN. Forget about them.
And make no money on it. 19k domains will yield sales if there ones to be had. 1 or 2 the equation doesn't add up.

•••
And make no money on it. 19k domains will yield sales if there ones to be had. 1 or 2 the equation doesn't add up.
Hey Mad, I think one must try few of xyz in their portfolios, so they will experience the traction of it.
I feel that everyone must try to chase some good names in xyz, same as we all do in .com
Now please don't get MAD on me ;)

•••
Hey Mad, I think one must try few of xyz in their portfolios, so they will experience the traction of it.
I feel that everyone must try to chase some good names in xyz, same as we all do in .com
Now please don't get MAD on me ;)
Welcome to Namepros. As a new member please be careful and don't get dragged into fads by people spouting their mouth off and only invest what you can afford to lose. Invest wisely and if you deem that to be XYZ then so be it. Nothing wrong with chasing good domains in any extension if you strongly believe in it.

•••
Good to see that stream.xyz has been regged at a handsome $3,000 USD a year renewal fee since I mentioned it. I told you that egging people to waste money on here causes people to waste money... Lets hope they can get a return on it.

•••
Good to see that stream.xyz has been regged at a handsome $3,000 USD a year renewal fee since I mentioned it. I told you that egging people to waste money on here causes people to waste money... Lets hope they can get a return on it.
That's a big bet to make......must of been available to reg for a while at that price (how long?) and no end user thought to take it.....

•••
That's a big bet to make......must of been available to reg for a while at that price (how long?) and no end user thought to take it.....
This is the WHOIS before it was registered and it appears to show it as registered until May 2019 if I'm reading it correctly.
1638981830272.png

Yep, if I had a use for it I would have registered it so I could develop it. But I don't so I didn't. Streaming content takes a lot of bandwidth and costs a lot of money so I would need to monetise it well to justify it which I didn't think was likely in the market given all of the other competitors that are already out there that do it so well.

•••
Credit goes to you by mentioning this domain was avalable.

•••
Credit goes to you by mentioning this domain was avalable.
Probably one of the best domains going in xyz.

I have the strength of conviction to recognise and make it clear that it's probably not a good investment. That's the kinda guy I am. As I said, I want people to succeed in this game but it goes unappreciated.

Thanks for the down vote in advance.

•••
I guess someone made a loss?Screenshot_20211208-084754_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20211208-084545_Firefox.jpg

•••
Back