Dynadot

domains Will wholesale auction prices for .xyz keep going up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Sav.com and Docky.Ly are continuing to get some great wholesale pricing for expired and dropped .xyz names. Over the past month we are seeing names go for $2,500 routinely. Cafe.xyz became the second name to hit the $7,450 mark, the highest price we have witnessed from these two sites. cafe.xyz 7,450 USD 2021-12-04 Sav.com living.xyz […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was going to say I think name.xyz is a better, errr... name (for I guess the same price as stream.xyz, about $2.7k, IIRC), but I've just seen that was regged a few days ago, I assume after I mentioned it.

I think the initial cost is okay but I thought the renewal fees would put people off registering. Sincere good luck to the buyer/s though, I'm finding the whole XYZ thing quite fascinating.

Anyone who wants a 2 character name, I think A1.xyz (A one) is available for about $250/year.

•••
That's a never ending battle between ''xyz train is gone, forget about it, Swetha is God'' from one hand and ''xyz train is just arriving, pack your bags, we are taking the best seats, Swetha is God'' from the other...I honestly believe it's never one of two.

In my opinion, xyz is getting more popular, that's it. No more, no less. Everyone who doubts it, can check the sales graphs at NameBio. As the world is digitizing rapidly, there is simply no reason that I could think of a sudden loss of popularity of xyz (especially when it's backed by google and other big tech, so, it is known that indexing and popularity will not be an issue). So, this train will be moving, however, it's not a speed-train.

I also think that it's a mistake to judge xyz by the number ''one word'' taken (or non-taken!). At this stage, the NFT, crypto, and tech startups (also probably some science and space areas) are playing this game. They rather buy some abstract brandable 4-5 letter word for their coin startup, rather than some regular ''cousin.xyz''... I think all these ''normal'' words will be available for relatively cheap for quite a while.

To conclude. There is definitely a possibility with xyz out there, however it needs to be played carefully with top tld taken words and some heavy volume business attractive combinations. Otherwise one is risking buying hundreds of mediocre words (hey, they are cheap!!) and be swept away on the next renewal, without selling anything).
And nice 4-letters will be popular soon, I believe. I think they will trade much more expensively within a year. Let's see what the future holds.

•••
The only thing that never increases is what domainers are willing to pay other domainers for a name. 😂 But give them an auction and the battle is on.

This ☝️

•••
With domains, especially secondary extensions, you need massive margins to cover slow sell-through rates.

If you are buying domains for $10 - $100 each, then it makes sense to sell them for like mid $X,XXX or less. When you start paying in a mid $XXX - mid $X,XXX range "re-seller" you often become the end user.

The math does not work if you are paying low $X,XXX and asking mid $X,XXX for a domain, especially with secondary extensions that generally have far lower sell-through rates.

If you got in early and have a strong one word portfolio, then props. It is a different model though if your average cost is $10 - $100 vs. $500 - $1000+.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
here is when u will all have regular 4 and 5 fig xyz sales like dngear..... never.

Last edited:
•••
I noticed that all the names I mentioned in another post were registered so decided to check just how many were registered from the lists I posted. Turns out about 450, listed below. Most are $9, but there are some hefty ones there too.

I should be on commission with the registry for this. :p

Good luck to the buyers. (y)

Code:
US
ACE
AWA
AYE
JET
MAN
MAR
MON
UKE
URN
ABLE
ABYE
AGLU
AJEE
AJIS
ALEW
ALOD
ANOW
AUAS
AUFS
AUGH
AWDL
AWKS
BARP
BAUK
BAWK
BAWR
BHUT
BLUD
BOEP
BOHS
BOWR
BOYG
BRER
BUIK
BYDE
BYRL
CAGS
CAUF
CAUK
CAUM
CAUP
CAWK
CHOG
CIRL
CORF
COTT
COWK
COWP
COWY
CURN
DAUR
DEAW
DEIF
DHAK
DHOL
DIEB
DIMP
DODS
DOUC
DOUN
DOWL
DOWP
DOYS
DSOS
DUED
DWAM
DZHO
DZOS
EANS
EARD
EECH
EELY
EEVN
EFFS
EHED
EIKS
EILD
EKED
ERKS
EUKS
EVOE
EWKS
EWTS
EXED
EXUL
EYOT
FAIK
FAUR
FAYS
FEGS
FEHM
FEHS
FEYS
FIKY
FILK
FLEG
FOHN
FOOS
FOUD
FOYS
FUBS
FUMS
GAWS
GEAT
GIED
GIFT
GIRN
GIRR
GISM
GJUS
GOLP
GOYS
GUES
GULS
GURN
GURS
HEPS
HEPT
HOHS
HYES
ICKS
JOLS
JOUK
JUDS
KACK
KAED
KAFS
KAKS
KARK
KEMB
KHAF
KHUD
KILD
KNAG
KNUR
KOAP
KOPH
KSAR
KYAR
KYES
KYPE
LAVS
LEPT
LOAN
LOOK
LOUN
LOWT
LUIT
LUNS
LYMS
MAUN
MHOS
MIGG
MOUP
MYAL
NABK
NAME
NEGS
NERK
NIED
NIEF
NIRL
NOWL
NOWT
NYED
NYES
OAFS
OATY
OBOS
OBVS
OGAM
OHED
OIKS
OMBU
OMOV
ONST
OONS
ORDS
ORFS
OULD
OULK
OUPA
OURN
OWRE
OWTS
OXES
OXIM
PAUA
PEAG
PEHS
PHIS
POHS
POUK
PUIR
PULK
PUYS
PYES
RAHS
RAVS
RAWN
REWS
RIEM
ROED
RONT
RUCS
RURP
RYAL
RYAS
SEYS
SHMO
SIJO
SOHS
SOVS
SUGS
SUQS
SWUM
TALK
TAYS
TEFS
TIDS
UEYS
UMES
URDS
URPS
UTUS
VAES
VAGS
VAUS
VAVS
VAWS
VIGS
VOES
VOGS
VORS
VUGS
VUMS
WEMS
WEYS
WOFS
WOGS
WUDS
WYES
WYNS
YAYS
YOWS
YUGS
YUMP
YWIS
ZELS
ZEPS
ZITS
ZURF
ACERS
BACCY
BARDS
BEGOT
CAROB
CHUFF
CLEAT
DELPH
DOILY
DOJOS
DOLED
DROOB
DULES
ETICS
ETTLE
FLARY
GAZED
GNARS
HAJIS
HEXAD
HURDS
ICHES
ILIUM
JOLTS
LANKS
MARGS
MOWED
OBEAH
OOMPH
PELTA
PENNE
POESY
PULPS
REAPS
REHAB
RIFTS
SAITH
SCION
SITES
SLYLY
SNAGS
SOUSE
STOWN
TALUK
TITIS
VISTA
VODKA
WALIS
WHITE
WOOED
YOWES
ZESTS
ABORTS
ALIDAD
ANCHOR
ASANAS
BAILEY
BEDPAN
BEMOAN
BESORT
BLASTY
BLINGS
BOGMAN
BONNES
BRAGGY
BRIBED
BUNTER
CADDIS
CALMED
CENTAL
CHINES
CLAROS
CLIFFY
COCCYX
CODECS
COFFEE
CONDOS
CRANKS
CRESOL
DAPPED
DATING
DEFTER
DEMOTE
DIBBLE
DOVISH
DRIFTY
DROOPY
DUBBER
ERASES
EXPELS
EXTOLL
FLAVAS
FOUNDS
FRENCH
GARBED
GAZERS
GRIPES
GROOVE
GYRANT
HAJJIS
HEELER
HOSTRY
HOTELS
HURLER
IDLERS
IMPUTE
JAUNTS
JOLLOF
LAMPER
LAUDED
LOOSEN
MADDER
MITERS
MULING
MURPHY
MUTUAL
NODDLE
NONFAN
NUMBAT
OFFICE
OLFACT
OWLING
RACING
REALTY
RECKED
REMAND
REPOUR
RHEMES
ROILED
SARSAR
SLEETS
SOLIDI
STREAM
SYLVAE
TONNES
TRICEP
TROWEL
TRUANT
VAMOSE
VASTLY
WACKOS
WEARED
WOOING

dm
we
4u
[CODE]

•••
Hype is good. Hype sells. Pump it up

Extension xyz is reaching its limit imo

Last edited:
•••
i registered trek.xyz as reg premium today
feeling scared but listed it on auction
Hope i will get at least 250$ to recover my reg fee.

•••
I can proudly tell anyone in our community, Please register if you find a good keyword in .xyz and hold onto it.(Dont drop). Set a BIN price in Afternic and DAN. Forget about them.
Registered a good one that I believe. Dont think I will market to sell, but develop. I ll see what happens with all the xyz hype.. hope it is fruitful.

•••
Really the only valuable ones are strong one word and name .xys's, and meta, crypto etc etc obviously

•••
That's a never ending battle between ''xyz train is gone, forget about it, Swetha is God'' from one hand and ''xyz train is just arriving, pack your bags, we are taking the best seats, Swetha is God'' from the other...I honestly believe it's never one of two.

In my opinion, xyz is getting more popular, that's it. No more, no less. Everyone who doubts it, can check the sales graphs at NameBio. As the world is digitizing rapidly, there is simply no reason that I could think of a sudden loss of popularity of xyz (especially when it's backed by google and other big tech, so, it is known that indexing and popularity will not be an issue). So, this train will be moving, however, it's not a speed-train.

I also think that it's a mistake to judge xyz by the number ''one word'' taken (or non-taken!). At this stage, the NFT, crypto, and tech startups (also probably some science and space areas) are playing this game. They rather buy some abstract brandable 4-5 letter word for their coin startup, rather than some regular ''cousin.xyz''... I think all these ''normal'' words will be available for relatively cheap for quite a while.

To conclude. There is definitely a possibility with xyz out there, however it needs to be played carefully with top tld taken words and some heavy volume business attractive combinations. Otherwise one is risking buying hundreds of mediocre words (hey, they are cheap!!) and be swept away on the next renewal, without selling anything).
And nice 4-letters will be popular soon, I believe. I think they will trade much more expensively within a year. Let's see what the future holds.
@VadimK just bcoz some1 is minting money from her domain sales doesn't mean u suddenly term her god or goddess & it also doesn't mean some1 should thank u for those terms used @DNGear . No one is god or goddess over here. We all humans, even the billionaires of the world they r just as human as we r. NO one is "King" or "Queen" & this is just a game & in a game, there can be a winner and loser but not god or goddess!

•••
are u all blind or just on the low end of iq.. which part of..there is only one person on earth being interviewed by everyone about xyz sales.. making consistent high xyz sales... called queen of xyz sales etc.. not 10 people but one... not even 2 people..just one..

so everyone just be happy for her making profits... remember it will always be one man show... and get it thru thick skulls there aren't enuf English words or sellable domains for more than one 20k domain folio to exist in any given extension... translation..u will never match such sales or come even close.

oh and..merry xmas ;)

Last edited:
•••
Back