Dynadot

question Will we trade domain names as NFTs? (.com, .org, .io, etc).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I could see it happening eventually, but to go mainstream there are so many practical, logistical, legal, and security related issues that would need to be ironed out.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
NFT's are somewhat collectibles, domains can be too (in theory)

I don't know how it would work, but as @bmugford said ...I could see it happening, eventually

Last edited:
•••
Already being done with decentralized names like.crypto,.eth....

•••
NFT's are somewhat collectibles, domains can be too (in theory)

I don't know how it would work, but as @bmugford said ...I could see it happening, eventually
NFT's are basically just data (art, videos, music etc etc) stored on Blockchain alongside proof of ownership - this can and is being done with any asset class, not just collectables.....

It has been mentioned in other threads that Blockchain looks to be a perfect fit for the whole Domain Name System (DNS) from a security, privacy and future proofing standpoint (Dapp Integration springs to mind) but as @bmugford alluded to above it looks and will be complicated, lot of cooks need to be involved to make that broth

The above is for all domains not just decentralised ones......

•••
Would I be wrong to assume that the mentioned registries would need to migrate on blockchain for this to happen?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back