Dynadot

question Will there be huge demand for AI domains?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will there be a huge demand for AI domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    61.7%
  • No

votes
    25.5%
  • Don't know

votes
    12.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Centauri

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

as Photo AI has just been traded for $40k,
and there are / were people with different opinions regarding ai domain success,
what is your opinion?!

I personally think the demand is already there in a huge fraction,
but it must be a good keyword in front (or behind) it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This seems to be proving a worthy topic of discussion. Acronyms as a generalization, ie AI or Specific acronyms, as in DTV. etc. (showing my age here)

I guess in the long run it's going to come down to the role that each plays as a definitive of the subject matter portrayed. As Artificial Intelligence rolls-out and is widely adopted, I just don't see it taking a leading roll in the descriptive.

Could you imagine today specifically asking for an ' Automatic or Programmable washing machine' That sales assistant is going to think you came off the Ark.

AI is going to impact on just about every walk of daily life, and will be imbedded as a norm IMO. But I fully understand why some see a new evolution as a permanent reference... It's usually the youngsters
My takeaway from this thread by now is, that AI domains are definitely worth it ; )

at least when its a meaningful keyword that accompanies it...

•••
My takeaway from this thread by now is, that AI domains are definitely worth it ; )

at least when its a meaningful keyword that accompanies it...
Don't get carried away by the 'Also rans' though, Such an easy trap in domaining. Most of us are about 2+ years too late to be finding any real nuggets

Last edited:
•••
That's really questionable actually. Obviously photo is a better SLD than photoai, but .com is better than .ai.

What do you mean? You don't know what alleged domains he's supposedly referring to, so you can't know their value, and therefore not know whether or not it's a good decision to reject these offers.
I also think that it is questionable.

From a gut feeling, I'd argue .com is more favorable than .ai - in general.

But who knows...

•••
Oh my, every time i post something here it reminds me not to post here anymore yet i fall for it again and again :banghead:

•••
Oh my, every time i post something here it reminds me not to post here anymore yet i fall for it again and again :banghead:
You feed an addiction and what do you get?....Remorse, it happens :xf.wink:

Keep posting and use the ignore button?

•••
You feed an addiction and what do you get?....Remorse, it happens :xf.wink:

Keep posting and use the ignore button?

Not an addiction.
Willingness to help.

Easier to stop posting :)

•••
Not an addiction.
Willingness to help.

Easier to stop posting :)
Coming from the guy who can't stop posting :xf.rolleyes::ROFL: I tried quitting a while back, this place just sucks you back in....

Don't let a few douches get in the way - you bring value......we've lost a few people who used to provide good advice......don't be one of them

Last edited:
•••
I don't think it will die out like meta, or nft...

in my humble opinion.

AI is in a slow development process, since years.

This is now the first time, we really see something for the daily customer (chatgpt).

I think this is the beginning, and it will likely grow.

Until the day, it all becomes a standard, like your smartphone.

Well, maybe then AI won't be that hyped anymore, and good ai domains will already be in broad usage,
hence there won't be any demand for new ai domains...

That might take 4-5 years.

AI is definitely not like meta verse, nft space, or any other of this stuff, I would say.

Thanks for voting to everybody!
It takes time but eventually it will come

•••
Oh my, every time i post something here it reminds me not to post here anymore yet i fall for it again and again

Namepros is made for disagreements, arguments, disputes etc.

So, nothing wrong here :xf.cool:

I also think that it is questionable.

From a gut feeling, I'd argue .com is more favorable than .ai - in general.

But who knows...

.com is definitely better than .ai, as it is the nr. 1 tld to go for.
if a small(er) start-up, using .ai (something else) grows to become a big participant,
it will 100% make sure to posses the .com / most likely use it.

Last edited:
•••
I'm truly sorry that a member should feel offended, just for some of us offering an opinion. I always try to be polite and only chip-in when I feel I have something valid to say. I find it strange that a member should cut-down opinions (in this thread) without adding any counter opinion/view apart from 'Stay away from what you don't understand' Then feel he's not being appreciated.

Anyway moving on. I did spend sometime yesterday getting a better understanding of how heavy the investment by domainers were on AI domains - So these are domains with the AI lettering at either the front or end of the 'Whatever' word. I'm blown away by just how obscure most if not all of these domain registrations are. You name it it's registered.

There's going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed souls out there imo. I stayed away from all the key words as I knew they would be registered. As in any Poll, there's going to be a strong influence by those that have bought into the continuing rise of AI. Which is correct, just I'll continue to say it is not to Banner term that businesses will want to capture the markets attention in the long-run

Last edited:
•••
Ultimately, all this talk of branding comes back to the fact that only two types of domains are desirable to end users - one word .coms (dictionary words) and brandables (which get looked down on by some).

•••
Only a handful using AI names or dot AI. As I said many want to be unique.

F3CD63B4-A9A8-483C-A35B-F9B2039FDBFF.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
•••
That's really questionable actually. Obviously photo is a better SLD than photoai, but .com is better than .ai.

What do you mean? You don't know what alleged domains he's supposedly referring to, so you can't know their value, and therefore not know whether or not it's a good decision to reject these offers.

AiAssistant .com
AiCreator .com
HyperAi .com
ResponsibleAi .com

•••
The question here "will there be ...." is wrong, it feels like the OP writing this question five years ago!
The huge demand is ALREADY HERE and will continue to grow, but as someone here suggested things will evolve and get more specialized and there will be much more keywords used in this field.

•••
Nothing I said was wrong.

Photoai.com was picked up on Dropcatch for $508 in 2020-09-30, and there are no documented sales of it on namebio.com other than that.

Show attachment 234160
There is no doubt here. I have held it since I got it until the recent sale.

But as I commented in linkedin. there are not many buyers who can finish paying quickly for AI keywords despite their very high potential. And the important point is that your keyword + ai should be a tool suitable for online content generation (at least at this stage it seems that the role of AI is content generation), for example I still hold pianoAI but it doesn't have any offer.

Holding the AI name is a good option, but the range of buyers will not be large due to the expensive cost of machine training.
I am more convinced that future buyers will consider more human names for products (future production of robot hardware products based on GPT as thinking and language),Bard is a good example.
IMO

•••
In my novel opinion, AI domains have come to stay. It would actually metamorphose into something more meaningful when the competition becomes red. AI would still be the basis of that new invention to come.

Just because Freshmen like myself knew that we have started curating some quality AI domains. Personally, I have curated three dot com AI domains for resale.

.Still doubting their quality they are aicopycat.com aishocker.com, and aispecie.com

•••
babyagi is one of the most trending projects now on using AI to automatically manage tasks. There also has been a lot of talks recently on how soon we will achieve agi. Handregged earlyagi.com and tinyagi.com

•••
Are 2 tech/fintech keywords with AI or GPT (at the start and/or end) .coms a good investment?

They are two industry keywords that make sense together.

Is Ai preferred over GPT ?

GPT preferred over AI ?

Or, are both valuable for domains?

I ask b/c some of the bigger AI companies, DataRobot, Sift, Vicarious do no use AI in their name/domain

TIA ... fintech isn't really my thing, but I found something that might be worth a $10 investment.

Last edited:
•••
You're already given AI when you want human. People don't want you to know nobody is actually working on it.

•••
Why, in this discussion, is an "AI" domain synonomous with a domain that contains the acronym "AI"? I don't think end users agree.

•••
This AI is a revolution, it will only get better, as I do not even use Google anymore, which I never thought would happen, now it's just ChatGPT. Already many domains are selling with AI or GPT.

•••
Bad domains sell all the time.
The caveat being bad domains are mostly link-juiced.

On another note, the dodgy practice of the ai registry not granting 2 years for transfers when they do it for registrations and renewals will prevent more ai regs (and even bidding on auctions unless the buyers have money to burn).

•••
Why, in this discussion, is an "AI" domain synonomous with a domain that contains the acronym "AI"? I don't think end users agree.
You mean
(as anything else are brandble names),
we should consider the whole sphere of brandables as (also ment as) AI domains??!

Because, there wouldn't be any other acronym than AI (or gpt) considered as 'AI domain'.

•••
While true artificial intelligence has not yet appeared, but eventually will when the computer code can determine it made a mistake, re-write it's own code, and continue without making the same error without human intervention.

So what we have here is a great marketing platform.
Just how many will find the need to use the AI keyword in their name remains to be seen. Certainly not 1/10,000th of the number of names thus far bought in the market place.
The idea of AI is alive and well in marketing. And not many who do it reference it in a marketing 'name' as AI.
Take IBM's Watson.
This is mostly a big boy play and there is not a lot of small cap companies unless they cater B2B.
At present, AI is simply making decisions faster than a human can do and it's being told how to compare by a human with a process better known as 'fuzzy logic' which has been with us that I know of since the early 80's.

But AI is a marketing 'thing',
and will most likely, and already is manifested itself in the marketplace with the keyword 'SMART' at the consumer level and that is where most of the name sales to actual end users are.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back