IT.COM

discuss Will the techies primarily move to .IO names?

NameSilo
Watch

Will the techies primarily move to .IO names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, quite possible

votes
    40.0%
  • No, .COM will always be the king

votes
    60.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Given the popularity of .IO names, do you think techies and companies in the new internet or web3 would move or primarily would want to buy and own .IO?

I see OpenSea as one example but there would be others. And given the popularity, could this be a possibility. I see a potential in .IO to be the primary extension for techies. What's your thought?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The ".io" seems to be an expensive for renewals. Overall, the " .com" extension seems to have kept the renewal fees pretty low over decades.
Do you think the pricing might change to make the .io more favorable? I wonderif that could really increase the popularity of this somewhat "nerdy" extension?

•••
Techies are already in .Io, why to start another nonsense thread?

•••
Techies are already in .Io, why to start another nonsense thread?
Well, the question is whether the trend will be towards increasing their IO use significantly. Perhaps io trends is not the hottest topic of the day, but if ".com" starts becoming passe due to io, then domainers would probably want to consider changing their portfolio strategies.
Your annoyance about the topic is duly noted, though And, IMHO (in my humble opinion), ".com" will remain king!

•••
Back