Dynadot

poll Will the sale of NFTS.COM for $15MM benefit the NFT domain market?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will the sale of NFTS.COM for $15MM benefit the NFT domain market?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    50.0%
  • No

votes
    22.2%
  • Hard to say

votes
    27.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The sale of NFT names was very strong until a few months ago, but then slowed down due to a variety of factors, including the cryptocurrency crash. Now, we wake up to this monster sale...

Do you think the sale of NFTS.COM for $15 millions will trigger and increase of NFT related names? Feel free to vote and comment.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, why it will benefit the NFT marketplace ? The new owner will just create a marketplace and make money after people that want to make a quick buck from a mediocre picture.

Last edited:
•••
Hard to say (safe answer). Fairly unreasonable to expect 1 juicy sale to encourage / raise excitement for other NFT related domains. Happy to be wrong if that isn't the case, but I don't believe in the snowball effect with things just magically growing / spontaneously becoming more bullish, because of an individual sale. IMO

Last edited:
•••
I voted NO.

From what I've seen, people getting excited about the sale are mostly domainers.

That's because they expect the selling price will increase the value of their own NFT domain holdings via some form of networking effect.

Some might have SIGNIFICANTLY increased the selling price of their NFT domain names.

Those who missed handregging NFT names would probably be looking at the aftermarket to get some.

But...

Prices of the good and just-this-side-of-average NFT domain names would have been increased beyond what most domainers are willing to pay.

Hence, the situation remains the same.

The only way the NFT domain market will benefit is if the sale of NFTS.com signals an upturn in the actual NFT markets.

•••
If sales happened purely based on rational reasons, then less than 10% of all sales would've happened.

Most sales happen based on hype, trust, popularity, psychology, hope, FOMO etc. People buy tons of junks on Black Friday each year. Many people who buy Udemy courses, never complete even 10% of them. So yes, IMHO, this sale is likely to increase the sales of domain names prefixed & suffixed with NFT & NFTs.

I think if someone takes notes and compare the number of such sales on Namebio a month later (comparing the data with the last month and the same month previous year), we'll be able to prove or disprove this hypothesis.

@Bob Hawkes, are you listening? :giggle:

•••
If sales happened purely based on rational reasons, then less than 10% of all sales would've happened.

Most sales happen based on hype, trust, popularity, psychology, hope, FOMO etc. People buy tons of junks on Black Friday each year. Many people who buy Udemy courses, never complete even 10% of them. So yes, IMHO, this sale is likely to increase the sales of domain names prefixed & suffixed with NFT & NFTs.

I think if someone takes notes and compare the number of such sales on Namebio a month later (comparing the data with the last month and the same month previous year), we'll be able to prove or disprove this hypothesis.

@Bob Hawkes, are you listening? :giggle:
I like hypotheses :xf.smile: And am listening. :unsure:
It seems likely to me that your hypothesis is true, although not sure the evidence would emerge that fast.
By the way, I am in that group you mention who buy Udemy courses they do not complete! :oops:
Bob

•••
It will benefit the domain market, all domains.

If we as an industry would have on the landers top 6-7 and not 8 figure sales of the last few years it would help get people to pay better prices. Other industries do it. Most of the press domainers have is within the domaining community.

•••
I like hypotheses :xf.smile: And am listening. :unsure:

It seems likely to me that your hypothesis is true, although not sure the evidence would emerge that fast.
I agree, I'm not sure about it either. However, if there is a noticeable reflection on available data that fast, it'll surely prove my hypothesis.

By the way, I am in that group you mention who buy Udemy courses they do not complete! :oops:
Me too! That's why I'm saying it.
I know I do it & still I keep doing it. I did complete some of them, but most of them are FOMO. And even though I'm aware that most of it is probably FOMO, I'll still probably keep doing it, LOL :ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back