Dynadot

Will Daddy Pig-Out? A Free Domain Offer from GoDaddy & PorkBun

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will Godaddy Buy Porkbun?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    30.0%
  • No

votes
    40.0%
  • Don't Care

votes
    30.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

One of the benefits of developing (functional) domain concept landing pages is getting VC investment offers and pitch invites.

Its an odd spam problem that I have to ignore because while I can do some 'web-walk-in' biz with them, they are not "real" businesses... so I really can't sell "1% for 20K", or honestly pitch one. Especially with a dozen or so pages, and multiple pitch offers.

Yesterday I got an email invite to another Techstars StartUp Weekend. What caught my eye was Godaddy and Porkbun sponsoring it with a Free Domain partner deal, apparently registered at Porkbun using the Godaddy Registry stack.

Very interesting. On one hand, Congrats to Porkbun. Piggy got big quick. On the other hand, if its slaughter -time too bad for us.

1678266677763.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We've had this partnership in place for about five years now, back when this was handled by Neustar before they were acquired and managed as GoDaddy Registry.

•••
Don't underestimate a piggy. They stand a fair chance against a 🐺 ;)

•••
@Porkbun Nonetheless, it's still great to see your company's growth!

•••
I hope they don't. Everything they touch gets ruined

•••
1) It requires a promo code.
2) Where will the free domain be registered, with Godaddy or Porkbun?
3) Is there privacy protection?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back