Dynadot

discuss Will .blog be successful?

NameSilo
Watch

ambrose.xu

Established Member
Impact
.blog will launch next month(Nov.), but i found there are too many words are premium, if u want to register it, the prices are about $300----$30000, and the worse were the renewals are as expensive as first year resiger .

e.g.

fiction.blog $3195 ,renewal $3000
domainname.blog $15195, renwal $15000

and the premium domain may shows who will be the next president of U.S.A :
clinton.blog $945 ,renewal $700

but trump.blog is not a premium domain .

u can check them in 101domain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They went to far with their premium prices domainname.blog $15195 is ridiculous. .blog will probably be a good deal for Automattic not so much for resellers.

•••
•••
I don't get it. 90% of the bloggers don't like to pay for domain names. Most of them are blogging via free platforms like Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr and even FB and Twitter now.

This is what happens when you overpay to acquire a gtld that freeloaders prefer.

In my opinion, 42 million USD for .blog must be a huge problem for them. A bigger problem is going to be making us pay for it.

•••
I don't get it. 90% of the bloggers don't like to pay for domain names. Most of them are blogging via free platforms like Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr and even FB and Twitter now.

This is what happens when you overpay to acquire a gtld that freeloaders prefer.

In my opinion, 42 million USD for .blog must be a huge problem for them. A bigger problem is going to be making us pay for it.

Do you realize they have direct access to their core audience at almost no cost? You can pay a premium as a registry when you won't have to pay for advertising. Done right this will be a cash cow long term for them.

•••
•••
you can now preorder for 30bucks at a few registrar,
i tried my luck on a few ones using name registrar,

the premiums are not justified, and don't guarantee you anything, as you have no way to control that an extra service was really offered

and if you really want one in particular, preorder at 3 top registrar will cost you around 100bucks

•••
the premiums are not justified, and don't guarantee you anything, as you have no way to control that an extra service was really offered

Automattic and Mullenweg have lost some marbles. The premium renewals are insane.

•••

When nobody buys wordpress will announce no mo freebies.

.ink, .press, .media, .news - soo much better than blooooggg bla

•••
beer.BLOG
wine.BLOG
daily.BLOG

All premium.
All € 132.200,32 registration and € 132.200,32 y

•••
I just wanted 1 blog for 1 reason.
Future.blog...in order to put "Coming Soon" on it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back