Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharfab

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has some elements that make a brandable good, like the fact that it's short and alliterative... But overall I see it as a reg. fee name for the following reasons:
  • No other extensions registered.
  • No one branding their business with this term.
  • Only two or three "wig" sales in the last two years on Namebio (and those were in the XXX range).
  • While quality wigs are expensive, I'm not sure that the industry itself is big enough to create much demand for various brandable "wig" names.
  • As an exact match name, I don't see value. How many people are searching online for a wall of wigs?
I see why you bought it... I love short, alliterative names. I own more than a few that I keep just because I like the sound of them, even though I'm skeptical about their potential to sell. But they give me the warm fuzzies, and I try to limit how many of them I keep, so I don't mind. :)

•••
It has some elements that make a brandable good, like the fact that it's short and alliterative... But overall I see it as a reg. fee name for the following reasons:
  • No other extensions registered.
  • No one branding their business with this term.
  • Only two or three "wig" sales in the last two years on Namebio (and those were in the XXX range).
  • While quality wigs are expensive, I'm not sure that the industry itself is big enough to create much demand for various brandable "wig" names.
  • As an exact match name, I don't see value. How many people are searching online for a wall of wigs?
I see why you bought it... I love short, alliterative names. I own more than a few that I keep just because I like the sound of them, even though I'm skeptical about their potential to sell. But they give me the warm fuzzies, and I try to limit how many of them I keep, so I don't mind. :)
Thanks Joe. I really appreciate your honest opinion..

•••
Thanks Joe. I really appreciate your honest opinion..

Anytime! You have the right idea with the length and sound of the name. Just make sure that if the name focuses on a certain product/service or industry, that there are a lot of businesses built around it, and/or that the industry translates really well to doing business online. Plus, if you can choose names that are already being used by multiple businesses in some similar form, that's even better.

The above will vastly increase your chances of a sale. It's all about increasing your odds with your name choices.

•••
Anytime! You have the right idea with the length and sound of the name. Just make sure that if the name focuses on a certain product/service or industry, that there are a lot of businesses built around it, and/or that the industry translates really well to doing business online. Plus, if you can choose names that are already being used by multiple businesses in some similar form, that's even better.

The above will vastly increase your chances of a sale. It's all about increasing your odds with your name choices.
Hey Joe. After posting this name for an appraisal I have already started receiving offers. Your opinion with straight to the point and very informative. Thanks again

•••
Hey Joe. After posting this name for an appraisal I have already started receiving offers. Your opinion with straight to the point and very informative. Thanks again

That's fantastic! Just goes to show that there's no right and wrong in this industry, just different opinions.

Good luck! Hope you make a nice ROI.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back