Dynadot

question WhyLinuxIsBetter.net??? $2,550

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
love if somebody explai why $2,550 and .net?!!

Before you move this to “Expired”...

Doesnt “Linex” have TM? Someone Pl explain

9F6A6DEE-8F84-42CC-B9FB-3C82B5E2E6D1.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is crazy; Why is this auction legit??

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
This is too far, even for domaining,DC and .net
Some things are hard to understand and explain by mere looking. Maybe someone with knowledge of the domain history/auction can explain

•••
Some things are hard to understand and explain by mere looking. Maybe someone with knowledge of the domain history/auction can explain

That’s why i posted it general discussion.

I still doubt anyone knows. .net and TM crazy

•••
•••
•••
Perhaps if directors knew a staff member was filtering this though expenses it might be dropped.

•••
•••
•••
More companies using TM
That's more risk!

Last edited:
•••
More companies using Linux TM
That's more risk!

Or more justification to show other uses not targeting any one tm holder...imo*

*insert disclaimer that I am not a lawyer here

•••
@jberryhill

Please a moment of your very valuable time

Samer

Last edited:
•••
It has no backlinks, no domain authority whatsoever and is a 3 word .net to boot

Something smells fishy.....unless IBM who chucked a billion dollars at Linux back in the day want it for promotional purposes 🤯😛

•••
It has no backlinks, no domain authority whatsoever and is a 3 word .net to boot

Something smells fishy.....unless IBM who chucked a billion dollars at Linux back in the day want it for promotional purposes 🤯😛

Highest: $2,655 USD
Next: $2,705.00

The Fish stinks from the head!

Last edited:
•••
I have gotten an email from DropCatch stating that there has been fraudulent bidding going on or should I say at least 1 fraudulent bidder. All auctions what are affected will be re-auctioned. I know that the Warz.com DropCatch auction was affected by a problem bidder and DC was forced to restart it last week.

•••
I have gotten an email from DropCatch stating that there has been fraudulent bidding going on or should I say at least 1 fraudulent bidder. All auctions what are affected will be re-auctioned. I know that the Warz.com DropCatch auction was affected by a problem bidder and DC was forced to restart it last week.

The difference is Warz.com is a good name.

This is .net TM trash no backlinks with $2,655 bid

DropCatch needs to award the #2 bidder to reduce this BS

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Problem is if number 2 bidder got swept up in the process and made bids higher than they originally wanted because of the "winner" how do Dropcatch know what is an acceptable 2nd bid amount?

As @h2o said Dropcatch look like they will just re start the auction instead of going down the above route...

Usually this is a multi-person operation scheme.

#2 should also be obligated to pay if #1 cant.

Snapnames allows #2 to, no prob with them

Last edited:
•••

I agree that in normal circumstances the domain should go to the second highest bidder if the top bidder is unable to pay. The runner up should also rightly decline if he/she wants to because they could have other commitments after losing.

BUT, the major issue here is that when there is a confirmed fraudulent bidder then the integrity of the auction is at stake. The auction final price has been artificially inflated. DropCatch also without a doubt cares about their reputation as a respected domain auction platform.

It needs to be clear what "fraudulent" actually means. Does it mean a bidder with false ID and false payment info or does it mean a bidder with previous good history who fell on bad times?

•••
I agree that in normal circumstances the domain should go to the second highest bidder if the top bidder is unable to pay. The runner up should also rightly decline if he/she wants to because they could have other commitments after losing.

BUT, the major issue here is that when there is a confirmed fraudulent bidder then the integrity of the auction is at stake. The auction final price has been artificially inflated. DropCatch also without a doubt cares about their reputation as a respected domain auction platform.

It needs to be clear what "fraudulent" actually means. Does it mean a bidder with false ID and false payment info or does it mean a bidder with previous good history who fell on bad times?

For sure, they claim "zero tolerance" to no pay

but they arent publicly shamed, just expelled

•••
Usually this is a multi-person operation scheme.

#2 should also be obligated to pay if #1 cant.

Snapnames allows #2 to, no prob with them
That is the problem, there is no obligation to pay with these types of scam bids, they don't pay, disappear, get banned etc and then resurface with a new user name, IP address and other credentials.....scum

•••
That is the problem, there is no obligation to pay with these types of scam bids, they don't pay, disappear, get banned etc and then resurface with a new user name, IP address and other credentials.....scum

If no-payers publicly shamed, reduce this.

This is a reputation-based business above all else

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back