NameSilo

Why you choose GoDaddy?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Makise, May 24, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Makise

Makise Girl, who likes Anime VIP

Namesilo have 2.5 million domains, Namecheap - 11 millions.
    Why you choose GoDaddy with his 60 millions domains?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

They are cozy
    winners.jpg

3. maxtra

maxtra Let's make a deal Gold Account VIP

Convenience

Brand Awareness

4. Kpett

Kpett Established Member

If you have a lot of domains, GoDaddy makes sense with its security and as member of Discount Domain Club you get auction membership and lower prices for both new regs and renewals. Then list on Afternic with fast transfer as your first place to list your names ...

5. Natto

Natto Established Member

I still don't understand for the "Discount Domain Club" concepts, Why we need to pay for the discount? so why don't the discount automatically applied when we reached the certain number of domains their.

PS: I am not bias with GD because I also using them and I have many domains their. every time I contacted their agents, they always asking me why don't you apply for the "Discount Domain Club".

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. theceo

theceo Established Member

I have been using GoDaddy since 2015 and i am happy with their services

7. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Member VIP

Their pricing is crazy high but the UI is pretty easy and convenient. Having said that I'm going to start moving away from them as the renewal fees are astronomical compared to other registrars.

8. Windoms

Because there's 10.000 domainers paying 8$.
    And 19 million people paying 15$.

9. Windoms

Dude if renewal cost is the only reason then I believe you are making a huge mistake.

Godaddy domain transfer - $14.99 standard - $8.29 discount club
    Namesilo domain transfer - $8.39
    Uniregistry domain transfer - $10.88
    Namecheap domain transfer - $9.69

.com
    GoDaddy Standard $14.99 - Discount $8.29
    Namesilo Standard $8.99 - Discount $8.39
    Uniregistry $10.88
    Namecheap $12.98 1 year - $12.58 5 years

.net
    GoDaddy Standard $19.99 - Discount $10.99
    Namesilo Standard $11.79 - Discount $11.19
    Uniregistry $14.88
    Namecheap $12.98 - $12.58 5 years

.org
    GoDaddy Standard $20.99 - Discount $11.99
    Namesilo Standard $10.79 - Dsicount $10.19
    Uniregistry $14.88
    Namecheap $12.98

10. Start

Start Established Member

GoDaddy's price isn't really $8.29, it's $8.47

They add the $0.18 ICANN fee separately, but most registrars simply include it in their price.

Dynadot is good too with $8.50 .com renewals at the SuperBulk level, and they often have transfers for $8.25 or less.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  11. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Member VIP

How can GD justify charging a yearly fee to give you prices comparable to other registrars? Things like that is what turns me away from them.

12. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

I don’t choose Godaddy. Many of us don’t 😉

13. Windoms

.com
    Godaddy $8.50
    Namecheap $9.50
    Uniregistry $10.50

that 1$ difference with namecheap, you buy 100 .coms and you've got that yearly fee covered.
    Then you're winning.
    And you get Godaddy's advantages.

14. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Member VIP

I only have about 40 names so doesn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, GD have never done anything wrong to me and have been a good registrar, just the prices don't make sense to me. You'd think with the amount of domains registered at GD they would be able to offer the best prices as standard.

15. barman

barman Established Member

They are the cheapest for me (when you use the right tricks)
    Their support has always been helpful.

I only use them for domains though - I wouldn't recommend them for anything else.

16. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

I have such a love/hate relationship with GoDaddy. Their platform is so full of bugs and inefficiencies .. but at the same time the reason for that is at least in part due to the fact their platform is much bigger in scope as it includes what (FOR ME) is by far the best auction lists in terms of value .. I grab so many great domains at great value.

When you win an auction or closeout you have to pay the renewal at GoDaddy .. so by default all my domains spend at least 1 year there. Sometimes if there is a great transfer deal or when I'm lazy and procrastinate too long after expiration to renew without penalty, then I'll transfer the domain out. But for management purposes I don't like having my domains at more than 2 registrars.

Contrary to what most people say .. GoDaddy isn't this evil galactic empire of a company intent on scamming us all .. they're just a big company with a lot of problems typical to large companies. Far from perfect .. but if you want expired domains at great value .. then you have no choice! ;)

FYI .. transfer to GoDaddy with DDC is $7.99 + ICANN

17. artstar

artstar Top Member VIP

i only chose gd years ago when they had promo codes u could use all the time with no limits. i now I only use them for code sales 1 at a time when they come up

18. Andrew Knox

Andrew Knox Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Generally the only reason I would have a name there is if I won it at Auctions or if they had a good reg/transfer promo going. I don't like their pricing and lack of email support.

19. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

The reason I chose Godaddy was they are a survivor. Not every registrar is still around and I lost loads of domains prior to moving due to lack of notice to registrars termination with Icann and or names failing to be renewed. Godaddy had got it right. I am aware of negatives whether factual or speculation brought up on forums. Alternatives don't really stack up for services they have to assist resale. Stability has been a concern for the domainers that have had issues with other providers.

20. AGAME

AGAME Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

This is a big one for me.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: