IT.COM

Why you choose GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Namesilo have 2.5 million domains, Namecheap - 11 millions.
Why you choose GoDaddy with his 60 millions domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are cozy
winners.jpg

•••
Convenience

Brand Awareness

•••
If you have a lot of domains, GoDaddy makes sense with its security and as member of Discount Domain Club you get auction membership and lower prices for both new regs and renewals. Then list on Afternic with fast transfer as your first place to list your names ...

•••
I still don't understand for the "Discount Domain Club" concepts, Why we need to pay for the discount? so why don't the discount automatically applied when we reached the certain number of domains their.

PS: I am not bias with GD because I also using them and I have many domains their. every time I contacted their agents, they always asking me why don't you apply for the "Discount Domain Club".

Last edited:
•••
I have been using GoDaddy since 2015 and i am happy with their services

•••
Their pricing is crazy high but the UI is pretty easy and convenient. Having said that I'm going to start moving away from them as the renewal fees are astronomical compared to other registrars.

•••
I still don't understand for the "Discount Domain Club" concepts, Why we need to pay for the discount? so why don't the discount automatically applied when we reached the certain number of domains their.
Because there's 10.000 domainers paying 8$.
And 19 million people paying 15$.

•••
Their pricing is crazy high but the UI is pretty easy and convenient. Having said that I'm going to start moving away from them as the renewal fees are astronomical compared to other registrars.

Dude if renewal cost is the only reason then I believe you are making a huge mistake.

In September I bought 50 domains + privacy from Godaddy for approx $1200. A couple days later I found out about godaddy domain discount club and I realized that with the same $1200 I could have bought more domains + paid for the 100$ discount club fee..

Godaddy domain transfer - $14.99 standard - $8.29 discount club
Namesilo domain transfer - $8.39
Uniregistry domain transfer - $10.88
Namecheap domain transfer - $9.69

.com
GoDaddy Standard $14.99 - Discount $8.29
Namesilo Standard $8.99 - Discount $8.39
Uniregistry $10.88
Namecheap $12.98 1 year - $12.58 5 years

.net
GoDaddy Standard $19.99 - Discount $10.99
Namesilo Standard $11.79 - Discount $11.19
Uniregistry $14.88
Namecheap $12.98 - $12.58 5 years

.org
GoDaddy Standard $20.99 - Discount $11.99
Namesilo Standard $10.79 - Dsicount $10.19
Uniregistry $14.88
Namecheap $12.98

•••
GoDaddy's price isn't really $8.29, it's $8.47

They add the $0.18 ICANN fee separately, but most registrars simply include it in their price.

Dynadot is good too with $8.50 .com renewals at the SuperBulk level, and they often have transfers for $8.25 or less.

Last edited:
•••
Dude if renewal cost is the only reason then I believe you are making a huge mistake.

Godaddy domain transfer - $14.99 standard - $8.29 discount club
Namesilo domain transfer - $8.39
Uniregistry domain transfer - $10.88
Namecheap domain transfer - $9.69

.com
GoDaddy Standard $14.99 - Discount $8.29
Namesilo Standard $8.99 - Discount $8.39
Uniregistry $10.88
Namecheap $12.98 1 year - $12.58 5 years

.net
GoDaddy Standard $19.99 - Discount $10.99
Namesilo Standard $11.79 - Discount $11.19
Uniregistry $14.88
Namecheap $12.98 - $12.58 5 years

.org
GoDaddy Standard $20.99 - Discount $11.99
Namesilo Standard $10.79 - Dsicount $10.19
Uniregistry $14.88
Namecheap $12.98
How can GD justify charging a yearly fee to give you prices comparable to other registrars? Things like that is what turns me away from them.

•••
I don’t choose Godaddy. Many of us don’t 😉

•••
How can GD justify charging a yearly fee to give you prices comparable to other registrars? Things like that is what turns me away from them.
.com
Godaddy $8.50
Namecheap $9.50
Uniregistry $10.50

that 1$ difference with namecheap, you buy 100 .coms and you've got that yearly fee covered.
Then you're winning.
And you get Godaddy's advantages.

•••
I only have about 40 names so doesn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, GD have never done anything wrong to me and have been a good registrar, just the prices don't make sense to me. You'd think with the amount of domains registered at GD they would be able to offer the best prices as standard.

•••
They are the cheapest for me (when you use the right tricks)
Their support has always been helpful.

I only use them for domains though - I wouldn't recommend them for anything else.

•••
I have such a love/hate relationship with GoDaddy. Their platform is so full of bugs and inefficiencies .. but at the same time the reason for that is at least in part due to the fact their platform is much bigger in scope as it includes what (FOR ME) is by far the best auction lists in terms of value .. I grab so many great domains at great value.

When you win an auction or closeout you have to pay the renewal at GoDaddy .. so by default all my domains spend at least 1 year there. Sometimes if there is a great transfer deal or when I'm lazy and procrastinate too long after expiration to renew without penalty, then I'll transfer the domain out. But for management purposes I don't like having my domains at more than 2 registrars.

Contrary to what most people say .. GoDaddy isn't this evil galactic empire of a company intent on scamming us all .. they're just a big company with a lot of problems typical to large companies. Far from perfect .. but if you want expired domains at great value .. then you have no choice! ;)

FYI .. transfer to GoDaddy with DDC is $7.99 + ICANN

•••
i only chose gd years ago when they had promo codes u could use all the time with no limits. i now I only use them for code sales 1 at a time when they come up

•••
Generally the only reason I would have a name there is if I won it at Auctions or if they had a good reg/transfer promo going. I don't like their pricing and lack of email support.

•••
The reason I chose Godaddy was they are a survivor. Not every registrar is still around and I lost loads of domains prior to moving due to lack of notice to registrars termination with Icann and or names failing to be renewed. Godaddy had got it right. I am aware of negatives whether factual or speculation brought up on forums. Alternatives don't really stack up for services they have to assist resale. Stability has been a concern for the domainers that have had issues with other providers.

•••
•••
Back