IT.COM

question Why Sedo Buy Now Payment pending?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shojib

Top Member
Impact
Why this payment is pending?
He clicks for "buy now" Option
Already 2days has gone
I am afraid. He is fake?
view

Click here for see screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UPdagANmtjkVCIkNdIhHA-n9BkZWTFRw/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is fine and happens in every case. He might have clicked the Buy Now and even if he has paid, Sedo verifies the payment at their end. Everything seems fine in this screenshot.

•••
This is fine and happens in every case. He might have clicked the Buy Now and even if he has paid, Sedo verifies the payment at their end. Everything seems fine in this screenshot.
so I received payment. It's not fake? how many days its need?
sorry for this
i am new in sedo

•••
so I received payment. It's not fake? how many days its need?
sorry for this
i am new in sedo
If the buyer has paid, you should see Sedo's message within 1-2 days, or else they will update you as the buyer pays.

•••
Also, congrats on your sale!

•••
•••
•••
How about using normal human sense and just contact SEDO.

Sedo can take a week and up.

Calm down.

•••
One week too long
I also received an offer from dan

•••
Looks like buyer clicked the buy it now but has not paid yet. Now you are obligated to sell them the domain through sedo.... You need to wait for sedo to get them to pay. If they do not pay, sedo will cancel the sale and you can sell it elsewhere.

•••
Looks like buyer clicked the buy it now but has not paid yet. Now you are obligated to sell them the domain through sedo.... You need to wait for sedo to get them to pay. If they do not pay, sedo will cancel the sale and you can sell it elsewhere.
so how many days need for it? I have also received an offer from DAN but it's low then Sedo

•••
Sedo can take several days (I've known up to a week) to clear a payment. This quite often to do with credit card payments mostly due to the full buyers details not exactly matching the credit card details on record. It can sometime be an error as small as a single space in the address field

This happens a when a new Sedo account is set up or with any other service or supplier

•••
This buyer has yet to even pay. Normally...they should let you cancel the sale if the buyer does not pay in 5 days

•••
Sedo can take several days (I've known up to a week) to clear a payment. This quite often to do with credit card payments mostly due to the full buyers details not exactly matching the credit card details on record. It can sometime be an error as small as a single space in the address field

This happens a when a new Sedo account is set up or with any other service or supplier
so the buyer already pays for this? i need just wait ?

•••
Your screen shot shows that they have NOT paid yet. You will receive an email from sedo if they pay.

Last edited:
•••
•••
so the buyer already pays for this? i need just wait ?

I'm only speaking from my personal experience - I've never had a none payer.
However I have got a possible negative thought, could it be that the payment never went through and that has resulted in this hold - pending sale . As already suggested I'd be on the phone to Sedo. Personally I wouldn't be in a sweat over a two day wait - 5+ days yes. Sedo have never been the fastest at anything and don't forget we are only on the second working day of the week.

How big was the sale - just rough ball-park ? Occasionally an extra Credit card verification is required even for $500 plus payments

Last edited:
•••
The other thing just advice, Don't get impatient over any payments - the sale will either happen or it wont. If you let your expectations run away with you. You'll get hurt, lose sleep etc etc. Count it as a sale when the money hits your bank - not before.

Don't forget, A lazy buyer can take a further 5-7 days just to accept the transfer. and I've had that happen many times.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately....over the last year I have had a slew of non payers at sedo. But my thought on this one is maybe your buyer at sedo that has not paid yet is the one making the lower offer at dan.com to see if they can get it cheaper. You might compare the country of your buyer at sedo to the ip of your offer at dan.

•••
Yes I agree with the above - I've even had a buyer going through two sale platforms and contacting me directly. He didn't tell me - but it was easy to fathom. one of the reasons to keep your prices consistent across platforms

•••
Just a Tip, something I've learnt to do.

Whenever a sale happens, whether through my own negotiations or a sales platform. I convince myself I'm not going to see any money for at least two weeks.(Even with a sale at Dan) I think you'll be surprised how effective that is in taking the adrenaline rush out of the whole event. Money paid earlier - all well and good. I've become so good at taking the high out of a sale that I'm now always pretty nonchalant when payment arrives.

That was not the case at all before - As I'm sure many sale platforms could verify

Last edited:
•••
•••
It surprises me how slow domain sales still are in this day. Money transfers are instant and domain transfers take 5 mins so why do domain sales take weeks? The industry needs to catch up.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back