IT.COM

discuss Why people are still buying CHIP names?

NameSilo
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I thought the HYPE is over but I still see people looking for names without AIOUV?

I would rather buy names without ZX than CHIP names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are chasing pipe dreams....

•••
If they have a way to resell them for more, why not...

•••
Do I hear greater fool theory ?

Sweet dreams are made of hype
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for some hype.
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

•••
they looking to buy,

but nobody selling below $1350

and, $1200 is the max budget

:)

imo...

•••
I thought the HYPE is over but I still see people looking for names without AIOUV?

I would rather buy names without ZX than CHIP names.
because of chinese market share and participation in domain industry.

but i get your question though! many people as these questions over and over and over, because sometimes they just dont want to accept the market reality. another one of those types? "why are number domains so expensive?"becuse the supply is short(but again, for some, its not a good enough answer). with btc in china basically done, CHIPS should be be back with a bang soon, if not already.

•••
Bought 4L chips back when they were cheap. Not buying them now because they are not cheap. If they become cheap in the future I will buy them again. Do I sound like a robot? Robots are well suited to this game.

Last edited:
•••
Do I hear greater fool theory ?

Maybe, but...

A seller has to sell whatever sells. If I sell shoes, and people want turquoise shoes, I have to stock turquoise shoes and sell them turquoise shoes, although I believe they suck....

Besides. Sometimes, they may be right to ask for turquoise shoes, and I am the one who lacks the proper information.

•••
People also still buy .mobi names.

Its an endless cycle....

•••
Hype is not over. It may happen again. But in weaker waves
The jump (120 times) from 10 $ minimum to 1200$ will not happen again.

Same applies to English premium
Jump from 10$ to 500$ will not happen again

•••
The scientific answer is..of course as soon as I sell all of mine, the value will skyrocket the next day!

•••
People also still buy .mobi names.

Its an endless cycle....
and people still buy LLL.coms, 4l.com, 3n.com and all types of domains. i dont think that proves any particular thing..

•••
The scientific answer is..of course as soon as I sell all of mine, the value will skyrocket the next day!

Haha Silentptnr, I know your joking but you teed up a good point. What you described is actually the opposite of "scientific", it's emotional. Human beings should be emotional, investors should not :)

•••
Haha Silentptnr, I know your joking but you teed up a good point. What you described is actually the opposite of "scientific", it's emotional. Human beings should be emotional, investors should not :)
agreed

•••
Every domain is unique. Many short .coms will have value chip or not. I'll buy what makes sense, doesn't matter the category.

•••
The floor price for chip 4L .com seems to be about $850 min. Is that correct?

•••
I think it is because it is football season now and people like to eat chips when they watch the games.

•••
I think it is because it is football season now and people like to eat chips when they watch the games.
Would you say the floor price for 4L .com chips is about $850 min?

•••
Would you say the floor price for 4L .com chips is about $850 min?
I was making a joke. But if I want to see the latest chip prices besides the blogs and forums I look at namebio.com and do a 4L search and sort by recent as well as checking chaomi.cc or asking some of my friends :)

•••
Look at all the "stars" in this thread.
Both by time served and reputation.

Great answers to a great question.

Peace,
Cy

•••
I sold 5 Chip last week at another platform. Each 950 usd

•••
•••
•••
•••
Short acronym domain names are valuable digital real estate for companies and in some cases individuals alike.

For a wide range of reasons including email, security, and greater flexibility, a good domain is the absolute best solution.

I believe that short, acronym domain names will be hugely popular and in very high demand not only with domain investors but with end users. Today's prices are a fraction of what these domains could be selling for in the not too distant future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back