Dynadot

Why don't my domains resolve to my EFTY landers? + Why no way to bulk check this issue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
We all know @efty and how it works.

We pay the $30 a month because it makes setting up a portfolio easy as pie. Plus we don't have to pay commission.

We upload our list to our Efty account.
We change the DNS for the domains we uploaded to Efty at the registrars they are currently registered at.

Once we do this. Boom. each of those domains will now have it's own Landing page.

Again easy as pie right?

So why is it on occasion (and seems to be happening more and more now) that I find that a domain I know I uploaded to my Efty Portfolio BECAUSE when I check the whois for the domain I see the domain's as below.

Name Servers:
ns1.eftydns.com
ns2.eftydns.com

We all have our processes when we register or acquire domains. It's almost instinctual at this point at least for me.

Register an awesome domain. Upload to Efty and change the Nameservers.

Again easy as pie.

But now? It seems either the lists I tried to upload to my portfolio in bulk dropped a couple domains from the upload here and there.

As a domainer with couple thousand domains it is very difficult to keep track of which domains do not resolve to my efty lander.

Why is there no quick and painless way to just click a button on my Efty Dashboard and find out which landing pages do not have the domain pointed to it?

How hard would it be to set something up like this? At least someway for me to find out which domains have issues. Domains that when people enter them into the address bar they lead to nothing or can't be found and look like they don't exist?

It's very frustrating to do outbounds. Confident that Efty has "got your back" but then after you already sent out the outbound you do a random check on a domain and can't be found as if it never existed.

The whole point of Efty is to look professional to the potential buyer yes?

Plus in this business every little bit counts plus speed. The way it should work is.

I email the potential buyer. Tell them Mydomain.com is for sale. Blah blah blah blah.

Visit MyDomain.com for more details and submit your offer.

Short and sweet right? but when they do go. There's nothing???

All that effort. All ruined because Efty did not have your back.

I know what Efty will say. They will say. You did not upload the domain and that's why the lander did not show.

But I'm telling you. I did. So I guess it's my word against Efty.

I don't have time to investigate this. Has anyone else experienced this?

The go to solution for this issue seems to be to manually go to your current registrar and manually forward the domain to https://eftymarket.com/mydomain.com

At least this is what I was told last time when this issue happened and could not be resolved.

I don't know about you but this whole thing is NOT EASY or Convenient.

I would like to see a way for us EFTY users to be able to see a list of which domains that either.

1. have their nameservers pointed to efty dns servers but for some reason the user never added them to their portfolio.
or
2. the domain is already in the portfolio but for whatever reason the domain and it's nameservers are not pointed to efty's dns.

Instead of this "hit or miss" every now and then we find a domain with no efty landing pages.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have the ... umm problem of a couple thousand domains yet lol but that sort of thing seems like it should be simple and effective. I love simple and effective in this world. We seem to usually go for hte over complicated and doesnt work solution instead.... ohh well Keep Domaining! ;)

Jonathan @ BuyGreatNames.com

•••
Normally its depends on Time To Live (TTL) on DNS configuration for any domain. But , efty user couldn't set TTL , cause all DNS record determined by efty team or based their system. In certain condition , may be IP server down

•••
I think also when I bulk upload you think it uploaded all domains but instead a few fell off. And you'll never because we're talking thousands of domains. How can you check each one? I guess just see the the amounts are right. I so check that. And it's correct.

Maybe along the way they get lost? And just looks like you forgot to upload it. With the rest.

It's kinda annoying that you need to redo it when you find out while outbounding a domain that it's not "live" ie no Landers.

You contact end-users tell them to go to your domain and submit offer. Simple right?

But then nothing.

•••
Hello,
We all know @efty and how it works.

We pay the $30 a month because it makes setting up a portfolio easy as pie. Plus we don't have to pay commission.

We upload our list to our Efty account.
We change the DNS for the domains we uploaded to Efty at the registrars they are currently registered at.

Once we do this. Boom. each of those domains will now have it's own Landing page.

Again easy as pie right?

So why is it on occasion (and seems to be happening more and more now) that I find that a domain I know I uploaded to my Efty Portfolio BECAUSE when I check the whois for the domain I see the domain's as below.

Name Servers:
ns1.eftydns.com
ns2.eftydns.com

We all have our processes when we register or acquire domains. It's almost instinctual at this point at least for me.

Register an awesome domain. Upload to Efty and change the Nameservers.

Again easy as pie.

But now? It seems either the lists I tried to upload to my portfolio in bulk dropped a couple domains from the upload here and there.

As a domainer with couple thousand domains it is very difficult to keep track of which domains do not resolve to my efty lander.

Why is there no quick and painless way to just click a button on my Efty Dashboard and find out which landing pages do not have the domain pointed to it?

How hard would it be to set something up like this? At least someway for me to find out which domains have issues. Domains that when people enter them into the address bar they lead to nothing or can't be found and look like they don't exist?

It's very frustrating to do outbounds. Confident that Efty has "got your back" but then after you already sent out the outbound you do a random check on a domain and can't be found as if it never existed.

The whole point of Efty is to look professional to the potential buyer yes?

Plus in this business every little bit counts plus speed. The way it should work is.

I email the potential buyer. Tell them Mydomain.com is for sale. Blah blah blah blah.

Visit MyDomain.com for more details and submit your offer.

Short and sweet right? but when they do go. There's nothing???

All that effort. All ruined because Efty did not have your back.

I know what Efty will say. They will say. You did not upload the domain and that's why the lander did not show.

But I'm telling you. I did. So I guess it's my word against Efty.

I don't have time to investigate this. Has anyone else experienced this?

The go to solution for this issue seems to be to manually go to your current registrar and manually forward the domain to https://eftymarket.com/mydomain.com

At least this is what I was told last time when this issue happened and could not be resolved.

I don't know about you but this whole thing is NOT EASY or Convenient.

I would like to see a way for us EFTY users to be able to see a list of which domains that either.

1. have their nameservers pointed to efty dns servers but for some reason the user never added them to their portfolio.
or
2. the domain is already in the portfolio but for whatever reason the domain and it's nameservers are not pointed to efty's dns.

Instead of this "hit or miss" every now and then we find a domain with no efty landing pages.

There are at least six methods of forwarding a domain you're selling to your marketplace. The marketplace software developer decides which method is most comfortable for him.

There is what we call "handshake" between the marketplace website and incoming domain (forwarded). Once you can establish flawless handshake, the rest is simple.
This is where most developers get things wrong.

Looks more like 301 Redirect (forwarding). You don't need to do it manually.
You can use bulk forwarding with template at the registrar level. Just select all the domains you want to forward and enter the syntax in the template. It will apply to all of the domains.
Namesilo and Dynadot have such templates. Not sure of others.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back