IT.COM

Why is Dan sending me email every time I log in??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
And now I have to fill captcha to log in. The email says something like this "There was a new login to your Dan.com account from Chrome Mobile on SM-N970F from a different location. If it wasn't you blah blah"

I never changed my location. Maybe I travelled to another city for a week or so.

I am familliar with these things which other online companies like Google and Facebook do to protect your account.

But with Dan, it is different. It has been telling me this for more than 6 months. How can I tell Dan It is me & me & me & me?
To make matters worse now it is asking me to fill in captcha.

How can I get a smooth login with Dan?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Yeh too bad there wasn't a way to disable this stuff in your account and just leave it in the hands of the users. Basically, like an "opt-out" of having to prove you're you after entering your password.

I disable "location" on my phone. None of their business. But I don't know what a one-step solution is to this other than like a biometric eyeball scanning or something..

In the future, it will be like, ok we scanned your eyeballs, but can you please visit our bricks-and-mortar store in person to ensure someone didn't take your eyes out?

•••
I am familliar with these things which other online companies like Google and Facebook do to protect your account.

But with Dan, it is different. It has been telling me this for more than 6 months. How can I tell Dan It is me & me & me & me?

They have done a good job lately stepping up security, with the 2SV (although this proved to be a touchy service).
Have you discussed this with customer support? Perhaps they can manually make some changes for your specific account.
Is it possible, though, that the added security might be helpful at some point? There could always be an email folder set up for Dan, to allow for these automated responses to be sent there as a "just in case" some security problem arises.

•••
In the future, it will be like, ok we scanned your eyeballs, but can you please visit our bricks-and-mortar store in person to ensure someone didn't take your eyes out?
LOL 😁😁😁😁

•••
I have not changed my location nor my devices. I have not had issues with Google, Yahoo or Amazon. They usually add a layer of security when you change location or device.

The minute I log into Dan, I hear a notification sound on my mobile which says " New user..."
Maybe I'll talk to support.

But I wanted to know if your Dan account acts the same as mine?

Last edited:
•••

@Denismth Change Account settings - Account login attempt notification - Do not receive​

Dan enabled this for different IP login as a security measure disable this so you won't get notification.

Last edited:
•••
And now I have to fill captcha to log in. The email says something like this "There was a new login to your Dan.com account from Chrome Mobile on SM-N970F from a different location. If it wasn't you blah blah"

I never changed my location. Maybe I travelled to another city for a week or so.

Maybe you are using VPN in your laptop or phone , If you do then delete it or disable it .

•••
•••
Likely using a dynamic IP from his ISP

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back