status-resolved Why I will never report another name I've sold on NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaverseBranding

Top Member
Impact
The short story is I recently shared a sale on namepros of a domain name I sold a few days back.

But this morning the buyer contacted me to say that they did not want this domain name sale being public as they did not want to get contacted by domainers.

I provided proof of this email to moderators which obviously I can't share here.

The person is a vice president of intellectual property at a big organisation so for one I didn't want to get on the wrong side of her or burn any business relationship has she's since bought two more names from me.

I emailed the mods to have the post deleted and they will not delete the post after trying over and over to convince them. I just feel the Mods on this forum have got so power hungry they just can't even see any sense of reason anymore.

I am defo cancelling my paid membership and the way I feel at the moment I will be leaving this forum like Elad did recently.

All im asking should be a reasonable request imo. The current owner does not want this info in the public realm so why should this be an impossible task to achieve(n)

Obviously things have changed since I originally posted the sale and the buyers wish should be taken into consideration imo

Screenshot_20201116-231131_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201116-231305_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201116-231414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just feel the Mods on this forum have got so power hungry they just can't even see any sense of reason anymore.
It's actually an absence of power, not an abundance of it or a desire for it; as moderators, we do not have the power to ignore the rules that we're tasked to enforce or to go against the policies that we're required to follow.

That said, the rules and policies exist for very good reasons. Understandably, they do not cover every situation perfectly and sometimes they can be counterproductive, but it's rare.

Please also understand that even if content is removed from NamePros, that doesn't mean it's gone from the internet. Once you post something publicly on the internet, on any website, it may be quickly archived, saved, screenshotted, and/or otherwise disseminated throughout the internet and local storage devices. It's safe to think of it as impossible to undo, even if a website deletes it.

Given your special circumstances, we've discussed this with an administrator and been given permission to remove the domain name for you. In the future, please do not post a sale on NamePros that you do not want to be public. This advice is for everyone.

We cannot make any guarantees that we will be able to make this exception again, but we hope it helps this time.

Continued: https://www.namepros.com/threads/good-luck-everyone.1216558/

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back