Dynadot

Why everyone writes pm sent

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

postscripter

Top Member
Impact
when someone is requesting domain names, why everyone replies with pm sent..etc?? why not just pm the buyer and that's it??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

It's an additional way to try to get the buyer's attention.

It also helps bring more visibility to the buyer's request, which builds good will.

We hope that helps.

•••
Hello,

It's an additional way to try to get the buyer's attention.

It also helps bring more visibility to the buyer's request, which builds good will.

We hope that helps.

Would love to kno how many re-pay “good will” by actually PMing back, even if it’s “no thank u”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Would love to kno how many re-pay “good will” by actually PMing back, even if it’s “no thank u”

Samer
Very,very few.

•••
From SEO point of view it's bad for sure. Some forums and other user generated content sites strictly forbid to post repetitive words. Because excess repeats are deemed spam by search engines.

When I was a new NP member I was thinking how it's allowed here. I was asking the same question to myself like the OP, but only in SEO perspective.

Last edited:
•••
Because excess repeats are deemed spam by search engines
That's an excellent point.

We should come up with a better solution.

Thanks.

•••
when someone is requesting domain names, why everyone replies with pm sent..etc?? why not just pm the buyer and that's it??

The reason is that people don't want their DMs to be overlooked (you never know how many messages and with what frequency the seller receives) so, they kinda ''insure'' their message, by posting ''pm sent'' on the wall, so the seller knows he got something from this person.
I can't think of any other reason. I personally do it very rarely, and only in such cases when I positive my name sent could be exactly what the seller is looking for.

•••
That's an excellent point.

We should come up with a better solution.

Thanks.

Adding "noindex" meta tag to "pm sent" posts could be a good solution if "pm sent" posts are indispensable. Adding "noindex" tag could update all the existing and future "pm sent" posts very quickly and dynamically.
If "pm sent" posts are not indispensable, existing posts can be quickly removed with "find and replace" from mysql at shell as root or via phpmyadmin.

Please take backups of your database and files before editing files or database.

Last edited:
•••
Also helps those submitting request to know they have attended to a particular request in order to avoid repeat.

•••
Adding "noindex" meta tag to "pm sent" posts could be a good solution
That meta tag is for an entire page, not part(s) of a page.

Thanks for offering ideas, though. :)

•••
Never had any replies from those "buyers".
So I stopped to use this section.

And when you bump their threads using "PM sent" - you just attract more and more competitors...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back