Dynadot

debate Why domainers register crap domains?

NameSilo
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well every month, I set a budget, so that budget either for buying established domain (auctions etc) and or registering new domains. So basically what I was trying so say..instead of 10 domains for a year..maybe 5 for two years. So basically..I have to be more selective about the 5 cause of my budget. Hopefully that explains my illogical thinking...
You mean budgets.shop :)

•••
•••
Are you trying to budget dot online, or are you trying to budget your shopping? :)

•••
Somehow is kind of tricky understanding or not really :)

•••
Are you trying to budget dot online, or are you trying to budget your shopping? :)
Well, my online shopping, I set my budget..my offline, someone else does lol

•••
> why crap domains?

It's our nature. Excuse me while I sting the frog...
Everytime I see your avatar it makes me chuckle.:) fat leo

upload_2016-10-11_16-36-0.png

•••
Ok Im back. and this time with a real world example. It might show a better example than my explanation of what Im trying to do.

I just got two domains
thecoffee.rocks I wanted coffee.rocks but it was not available.
so I got thecoffee.rocks
In my limited knowledge I think this is a value bet.
so I put it up for auction here.

the other one I got is Latte.coffee. Coffee.coffee was gone for 14500, NICE.
All the other variants of coffee are gone eg mocha, macchiato cappuccino so I got Latte.coffee
This one is a bit of a conundrum as it is a strong word and I def think its worth more than the reg fee.
I put it up for appraisal a few minutes ago.

@DU I think youre getting the idea of what im looking for and trying to do.
Im trying to take my old gambling rules and transfer them and shape them to here. I got more from the horses than I put into it so thats what I want to do here. Not a lot of money but enough for the bookies to blacklist me.

•••
Not a lot of money but enough for the bookies to blacklist me.
Not sure if available but maybe " blacklist(dot)me" might be a perfect domain for you...?
Then again not sure if any domainer wants to be on a blacklist...

•••
Not sure if available but maybe " blacklist(dot)me" might be a perfect domain for you...?
:)

•••
As long as one makes an effort to register it,there are no crap domains... just domains perceived to be valuable enough to provide a good return on investment.

The domain's tendency to crapiness,only comes with improbability of it selling,due to factors like egregious price quotes that retard the chances of a sale,lack of marketing,lapse in judgements in assuming the duration in which it would be sold and the frustration that comes with it or over estimating its catchiness and global appeal.

All it takes is a buyer with resonating brand aesthetics & who is set on acquiring the domain,while giving it the value it deserves in the process.

•••
Why domainers register crap domains?
Because it requires knowledge, experience, hard-work and patience to register valuable names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They always can find people to sell them their craps.

•••
People insist on building their portfolios through registrations when the deck is stacked against them.

•••
Having been mostly a potential customer and having been reading here trying to learn for months, I feel like the domain industry is pricing itself out of the market. This isn't the fault of the players themselves, just the way it seems to have worked out.

While I understand that some domains are worth 2k-10k-50k, if you look at sedo for example, the 1k-3k range is really just filled with mediocrity. classtur.com for 3k as an example because I've been looking for an education name.

A new domainer sees that and thinks classbur.com is worth at least 2k if classtur.com is worth 3k and then they buy it and repeat the cycle. Realistically, they're almost worthless floating in a sea filled with hundreds of similarly odd and overpriced domains.

•••

lol, its very easy get blacklisted by ladbrokes, Paddypower williamhill, etc. They dont want your business if you are consistently taking money from them. They start by limiting your bet amount citing something or other and then start contesting payments won.

Thats why I cannot stand Bookies they have no problem taking your money if your a consistent loser but clamp down if your a consistent winner.
All the while talking crap from the side of their mouth about responsible gambling. It wasn't mega money I was making, but enough every week for a night out and a bit more.
It was around that time that betfair and betdaq came on the scene, but some of us couldn't embrace the new online tech at the time and we went the way of the dinosaurs.

•••
lol, its very easy get blacklisted by ladbrokes, Paddypower williamhill, etc. They dont want your business if you are consistently taking money from them. They start by limiting your bet amount citing something or other and then start contesting payments won.

Thats why I cannot stand Bookies they have no problem taking your money if your a consistent loser but clamp down if your a consistent winner.
All the while talking crap from the side of their mouth about responsible gambling. It wasn't mega money I was making, but enough every week for a night out and a bit more.
It was around that time that betfair and betdaq came on the scene, but some of us couldn't embrace the new online tech at the time and we went the way of the dinosaurs.
Yes especially when these guys are connected...!

Was referring to being "black listed" by Google etc..but your story better..did you ever "kiss the Barney Stone" just kidding

•••
I would add a question to this why do end users register such crappy names, no matter how many articles are written on regging a memorable easy to spell name they continue to ignore good names for sale on priniciple of not paying 1-5k for a domain name, but spend 50k-100k on advertising. half of which they cant establish a brand on because people only input part of the name in google and probably click on the paid add, costing companies to pay for there repeat visitors.
Joe T

•••
Most short and valuable domains are all gone.
And people get carried because of some tales they have been told about how quick and easy to make money from domain flipping...they came late and still want to make it easy and fast ( I was late myself). These ones registered most of those expired recycled crap names, not a bad thing because most experiences and learning come from making mistakes.

•••
Again, a lot of those that register crappy names don't think of the usage...why would some pay even $100 for this domain?
Some think of some novel ideas that only exist in their head that the name can be used for.
Some names really look good but are still of not much us.
But if a crappy name sells because an end user loves its crappiness and ready to pay xxxx for it, then it is no more crappy. Right?

•••
good post @Ayodeji

I do get the novel ideas:-D
that yes, this domain could be good for this that and the other.
I had dreams that the first name I got 6india.com would be great for a start up. I had an idea that some guy would buy it and I would be proud to say that yeah, that was my domain, I even got a logo done up for it And now I cant even get reg fee for it.

What was the problem?

1) Was it me just waiting and thinking that somebody will come and get it
or
2) was it I didn't advertise it enough.
or
3) it was just crappy

So it will be the first name I will let drop. I said a few days ago that I want to keep it but thinking about it more today, why should I keep it if it costs money.

•••
That voice then in my head has a lot novel ideas. If I followed it, maybe I will be backrupt by nw or hit a jackpot. But the key thing is backing up those ideas with some little numbers or good trends. I would have say expert advice ( I have my reserve with dat one). What I do is after all the obvious rules like pronounceable, length, hypen etc. I ask the question what can it be used for? Or if am in this niche, will I buy this name?
@John0...hope u get my angle

•••
•••
Dynamite.RU
Oops..it has been taken.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back