Dynadot

Why do some sellers seriously underprice domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I've seen some sellers on platforms put a ridiculously low price on some very good domains. I'm talking domains that any major company would pay an arm and a leg for (I'm not talking made up name domains I'm talking serious domains)?

The sellers are normally from Scandinavian or some Asian countries.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've learned that pricing a domain with a BIN of $500 will make it sell no sooner than having it priced at $1500. If a person wants your name, they will come and get it and offer what it is worth to them when they are ready.

I had a domain listed for $500 BIN on several marketplaces because I was tired of renewing it. Something made me remove the BIN and set it to best-offer everywhere. A couple of weeks later I receive an offer of $1K which ultimately ended at a $2K sale after I countered. Had I had that $500 BIN set it would've been sold for that amount I'd probably think my fair pricing accounted for the sale which wasn't the case.
I like it!

•••
I've seen some sellers on platforms put a ridiculously low price on some very good domains...

Liquidity perhaps, get rid of old junk, buy something new.

....I'm not from Scandinavia ;)

•••
I sold 788846.com for $101 because I needed money, Now I regret it :(

•••
Liquidity perhaps, get rid of old junk, buy something new.

....I'm not from Scandinavia ;)

Right on target!

And I AM from Scandinavia, but live in some tropical place where my igloo melted down first day. :( :)

•••
I sold 788846.com for $101 because I needed money, Now I regret it :(

Try not to regret, did you re-invest the money?

Last year I sold two LLLL.coms for cheap, then I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 from the cash. So far one of the best investments ever.

•••
•••
Be careful when the price of a domain seems too good to be true - it might actually be a stolen domain name. Better check the history of it, to see how long it was owned by the current owner.

•••
People underprice domains for 2 reasons: They need money, or they value the domain less than you.

However, Without any examples or links, talk is cheap.

There are two other reasons. They are either thieves or scammers.

•••
Seems most are missing the
We're crazy and live in igloos.

Thanks for that revealing insight :D. We now know where to look for bargain names. May be ones last chance to join the chip trip. Wonder why the Asians do it.

•••
Back