Dynadot

Why do people hide the full domain name in posts?

NameSilo
Watch

TopCryptoDomains

Established Member
Impact
I see people making posts like:
abcdfd
sdfafg
sdfafgd
sadgdfa
.com

or sadfasdfasd / cafe

Is there something bad about writing the domain directly? e.g. abcdfd.com, sdfafg.com, sadfasdfasd.cafe, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It happens some times for the domain to receive some unwanted comments/remarks in the forum.

By messing up the domain's keyword terms, you avoid having potential buyers stumbling on those comments when they use search engines.

•••
Because we don't want potential buyers to know what we paid for our domains. Namepros sales threads often show up on the first page of Google search for the domain names we buy and sell on Namepros. Everyone should always hide domains in some way here if there is a chance that you or a buyer of your domain will ever regret the whole World knowing everything that is disclosed on Namepros about the domain.

•••
Not only the buyer to know the domains low price, but also the buyer's clients. Imagine, you have big reputable company and then people googling around your site and find the domain was sold for pennies and some cheap discussions around it... So i's a token of a courtesy to our buyers, kinda business ethics, not let the domain names get indexed in such posts.

•••
Names I bought here over a year ago and were edited out after the sale still show up in Google today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back