IT.COM

domains Why .Com.in extension will disrupt .In ccTLD!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t see it as investable.

While India is a huge market on paper, how many Indian companies pay a lot for their domain name?

My experience targeting Indian companies is you are wasting your time – How many Indian companies have paid 6 figures+ for their domain name? How many have paid over $10k?

Things may change and hopefully it does, but I think there are better things to invest in right now than a extension primarily targeting the Indian market.

•••
I don’t see it as investable.

While India is a huge market on paper, how many Indian companies pay a lot for their domain name?

My experience targeting Indian companies is you are wasting your time – How many Indian companies have paid 6 figures+ for their domain name? How many have paid over $10k?

Things may change and hopefully it does, but I think there are better things to invest in right now than a extension primarily targeting the Indian market.
.in and co.in sales are underreported because of .IN registry policy. Still you can search on namebio. Don't take me wrong, .in is no where compare to .com, still If you own a good keyword based domains, it can be sold. With start of new extension .com.in, there are plenty of good keywords, which are still available to register. Do I make sense?

•••
I think .india and .ind and or .in
Be equaly or less valueble com.in
Keep it simple
I can see why you think it will disrupt

Last edited:
•••
Seems there's some interest on producing these kinds of sub-domains with .com on the sub.. For example:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/intis-telecom-launches-a-new-domain-zone-it-com.1257306/

I really can't think of any rationale behind investing in them because the 2nd-levels are avail for naming, and why add another dot to the equation? Whereas a ccTLD like .com.au makes sense because it's been rooted for so long and a second-level registration isn't possible at this point. Or like .co.uk long before .uk came out.

Don't we want our addresses to be memorable? Functional is fine, but often a bore for investors.

This will never disrupt .in.

•••
I think .india and .ind and or .in
Be equaly or less valueble com.in
Keep it simple
I can see why you think it will disrupt
.com.in will be less valuable than .in, but investing in premium keywords until, its is available might be good bet!

•••
Seems there's some interest on producing these kinds of sub-domains with .com on the sub.. For example:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/intis-telecom-launches-a-new-domain-zone-it-com.1257306/

I really can't think of any rationale behind investing in them because the 2nd-levels are avail for naming, and why add another dot to the equation? Whereas a ccTLD like .com.au makes sense because it's been rooted for so long and a second-level registration isn't possible at this point. Or like .co.uk long before .uk came out.

Don't we want our addresses to be memorable? Functional is fine, but often a bore for investors.

This will never disrupt .in.
As I said before, investing in .com.in for keyword available in .in will not work. But for premium keywords available in .com.in and not available in .in may bring you some dollars!

•••
Any sales or offers for .com.in ?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back