IT.COM

Why Choose Make Offer?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I really don't understand why people use the make offer option without giving a range.

Then when you send an offer they just decline and don't counter. Seems like a real waste of time.

Also, as both a buyer and seller I don't feel people respond as well to make offer listings here on np.

Am I missing something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's another problem. The old.."I've had offers over $xxxxxxxxxxx. I'm like..."Why didn't you sell it then?".

They're playing an internal game that doesn't involve you. Getting a (non-consumated) offer is proof to them that there are even higher offers out there ... so how dare you dampen their expectations? If prices are seemingly set to justify the status of the seller's names, then that's a game that you as a buyer are going to lose every time.

•••
I saw a 4L, CVCV, for sale here on NP with a 10k price tag. I never once thought the seller was crazy. I personally wouldn't make the investment, but I was impressed at the seller's bold price. I completely respect a seller putting their own price tag on their domain. I also don't see any problem with Make Offer as long as the seller is really trying to sell the domain. Otherwise why not just say, "I'm not really looking to sell unless an offer comes along that I can't refuse".

I think all Make Offer posts on NP's are the latter. By default.

•••
I think make offer works well for liquid domains only. I also found that even listing a domain with a BIN doesn't seem to get much attention, again unless it's liquid and priced correctly.

I listed a domain as BIN for $75 and had no interest, I then put it to auction starting at $1 and sold it for $175. And this is just one example - It's happened a few times where I've listed at (re-seller) BIN - had no interest, put it to auction - BAM! sells for higher that I had previously listed it.

Andy

•••
I think make offer works well for liquid domains only. I also found that even listing a domain with a BIN doesn't seem to get much attention, again unless it's liquid and priced correctly.

I listed a domain as BIN for $75 and had no interest, I then put it to auction starting at $1 and sold it for $175. And this is just one example - It's happened a few times where I've listed at (re-seller) BIN - had no interest, put it to auction - BAM! sells for higher that I had previously listed it.

Andy

I've seen that many times on NP's too. But it's still the exception to the rule. Most of the auctions end up selling for low $xx, instead of exceeding their original Buy Now price. Noobs and Auction Fever is the answer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back