Dynadot

poll Why are you not in the $1M club?

NameSilo
Watch

Why are you not in the $1M club?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I already am

votes
    9.5%
  • Low risk appetite

votes
    8.1%
  • Poor investment strategy

votes
    10.8%
  • I have decent cash flow

votes
    5.4%
  • Don't understand domaining

votes
    2.7%
  • I am happy in thousands

votes
    6.8%
  • Still new to the game

votes
    36.5%
  • Others

votes
    20.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have acquired a few hybridized and aged domains but I am unable to sell them. I never got a reply from my outbound endeavors. Never received an inbound inquiry. And Namepros fellas don't offer more than 50 to 100 bucks for them. This way I can never reach the million dollar club :( Sigh :(

•••
I have acquired a few hybridized and aged domains but I am unable to sell them. I never got a reply from my outbound endeavors. Never received an inbound inquiry. And Namepros fellas don't offer more than 50 to 100 bucks for them. This way I can never reach the million dollar club :( Sigh :(

If you were a business owner, would you pay $xxxx for a domain just because it is "hybridized and aged"?

•••
If you were a business owner, would you pay $xxxx for a domain just because it is "hybridized and aged"?

I feel they should go for a mid to high three figures at least because I am sure start-ups should like them. Which will help me gather great domains in future.

•••
I feel they should go for a mid to high three figures at least because I am sure start-ups should like them. Which will help me gather great domains in future.

What will help you is irrelevant to a business owner. They couldn't care less. Again, just because the name is hybridized or aged, doesn't make it worth even $1 for them. It has to be improvement over what they are currently using or great option for future or both.

•••
if you ain't in da club....
then how do you know that there is one?

and... if there is a club,
then do you think folks who are in the club, are going to violate the rule of confidentiality, by telling non club members that they are members of this club?

btw .club sucks

imo….

•••
if you ain't in da club....
then how do you know that there is one?

and... if there is a club,
then do you think folks who are in the club, are going to violate the rule of confidentiality, by telling non club members that they are members of this club?

btw .club sucks

imo….
.club bites, I agree. I don’t think there are to many millionaire domainers, not in reality anyways, I guess if there were a group of a millionaire domain name club, I reckon it would be the domain Illuminati or something like that. Now back to domain reality, carry on

•••
If you are in the million dollar club the price on everything you inquire about goes up exponentially. You learn somewhere along the way just to shut up and not say anything.

•••
If you are in the million dollar club the price on everything you inquire about goes up exponentially. You learn somewhere along the way just to shut up and not say anything.
Who told you that?

•••
What is the million dollar club exactly?

Are we talking a single sale over $1M? $1M net profit or gross.
Are we talking all sales being over $1M, once again net profit or gross.
Are we talking our entire portfolio being worth $1M+?

Brad

•••
What is the million dollar club exactly?

Are we talking a single sale over $1M? $1M net profit or gross.
Are we talking all sales being over $1M, once again net profit or gross.
Are we talking our entire portfolio being worth $1M+?

Brad

I asked similar questions.

Not sure though if @Arpit131 is keeping track of the topic he OPed.

Last edited:
•••
I asked the same questions.

Not sure though if @Arpit131 is keeping track of the topic he OPed.

If the OP is talking about a single $1M+ sale (even gross) the amount of people who have ever sold a domain for that range is very low. There are only 113 total 1M+ sales on NameBio.com and surely many others have changed hands privately. However, sales in that rage are extraordinarily rare and generally involve top tier domains.

The only way to have acquired these domains is really to have started decades ago or spend a lot to acquire them.

Brad

•••
Most people aren't making millions by selling domain names (that's just limited thinking), personally I decided about 5 years ago that I want to reach $1m by the age of 30, I got about 6 and a half years left and I take this challenge very serious. 1 million isn't that hard IMO these days, it is when you're starting from the rock bottom though, like me.
Domaining surely teached me some useful stuff that I plan to use in my future ventures that's for sure.

Last edited:
•••
Simple, I am not a good enough domainer to be in any million dollar club
Wow, best answer so far. too honest.

•••
Wow, best answer so far. too honest.
Just the truth, I came into the domain industry with a very open mind, I learned after a couple of years in, I wasn’t going to be a top domainer, I just didn’t have the skills it takes to get to that plateau, I have learned a lot through the years from some of the best, but the fact is, I don’t have the talent to be even what I consider a good domainer, I am a decent domainer in all aspects of the industry, I have passion for domaining,that is what keeps me in the industry, if it had to be making money, I would have been out many years ago.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back