IT.COM

Why are sales so slow?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why are sales so slow this year...
not really, just that most people hardly report their sales on here anymore. I sold 6 domains last month with a 4 figure brokered by @Nitindomains I believe lots and lots and lots of people are doing same now. FX hasn't reported for quite a long time, but I am pretty sure he is killing it out there. CHANGE is what is happening bro.

•••
I reckon people are deciding to not post sales and or new reg domains to reduce the spam they receive

•••
not really, just that most people hardly report their sales on here anymore. I sold 6 domains last month with a 4 figure brokered by @Nitindomains I believe lots and lots and lots of people are doing same now. FX hasn't reported for quite a long time, but I am pretty sure he is killing it out there. CHANGE is what is happening bro.

Glad to hear .

•••

Im not sure but it could be gore a variety of trends eg many are buying emerging trend domains which if they have bought well at hand reg will take some time before they become extremely liquid

plus there are the long term investors who buy well at hand reg renew then hibernate until the good offers come in

but there will always be a few sales eg flipped and from stock that trickle through

but good quality udrp free .com s are becoming hard to find cheap

•••

This is true and i'm in the same boat not reporting my sales as I simply prefer to keep my sales quiet. Although I never really reported my sales so nothing new from here. Hoping to close a new end user sale any day now by phone. In the last year i've probably sold around 200+ domains at namejet and privately so can't complain at that. (Number of sales coming down now as around half of these have come from 6n.coms, 4l.coms and i'm out of these markets).

To be fair @JudgeMind, I would say the overall state of the market has softened/weakened in recent months and end user prices have been overall lower in $ but if you quote around mid $xxx - low $xxxx and don't get greedy you can close a good number of sales. The top end of the market is a different beast of course.

I think the massive number of GTLD options available to end users is a massive blow to the lower and sometimes even middle end of the market, end users can simply get a cheap alternative if we get greedy Bottom line is it is much harder to make overall ROI including purchase and holding costs in 2016 without a great portfolio, even good isn't going to cut it in 2016 moving into 2017 IMO.

Last edited:
•••
•••
it is because they will be doubling and tripling in years to follow ;) jk

or like the other guy said.. if in doubt, just blame it all on ngtlds

on more serious note:
internet is growing.
the only way is up

Last edited:
•••
A lot of money lost in Chips and gtld domains.

•••
I don't really care if I don't sell any names, I'm trying to invest and monetise them. I don't believe it is worth putting cash in the bank. It's better to kep the names, and not pay tax on the profit.

•••
We all know it's better to pay tax on the profit than keep forever, and lose profit due to reg. fees etc. Plus, making profit is profitable and fun. You said it's not worth the taxes. Are you making a joke?
I don't really care if I don't sell any names, I'm trying to invest and monetise them. I don't believe it is worth putting cash in the bank. It's better to kep the names, and not pay tax on the profit.

•••
yep. its gonna be a real real longtime before you can call investing in good (.com only) domain names a bad idea.

if I had serious money to invest in great domains, then I'd pick domains over realty/house or other investment types all day long. its where the future is.

but.. money makes money.. so if you don't have serious money to invest in domains, you are just here mostly for fun.. or put differently, you're not really here at all.

•••
•••
Speed/ratio of passive sales is primarily based on quality/quantity of names.
Actively selling domains (reaching out to potential buyers) will produce a much higher sales % as long as you are pricing the domains competitively with solid profit margins, although much lower than if sold passively.

Most investors that do not have the luxury of waiting for 4-5 figure end user sales should stop complaining about "sales being slow" and take a more proactive approach to selling their digital assets.

•••
I have not been keeping a close eye on the industry but it appears the last couple of years had a flurry of activity on new domain name extensions. I think the hype is over now and people realize the .com is still king and most likely always will be. With our population exploding and more online everyday, I predict your good domain names will increase in value because of limited supply and more players in the field. I am going to actively market more of my domains. I do not have the time for developing. Have a super day everyone!

•••
New Gtlds splitting demand and giving users options but mainly China. Lot's of big deals this time last year were China centric, which was a bubble at the time but which has since stabilized. Deals still coming from China but far less frenzy

•••
New Gtlds splitting demand and giving users options but mainly China. Lot's of big deals this time last year were China centric, which was a bubble at the time but which has since stabilized. Deals still coming from China but far less frenzy
:ahhh: @Uniregistry Welcome to NamePros!:-D

•••

•••
Oh man, they're so slow this year. TONS of offers, not many sales. Dont know why.

Could it be the gTLD options available? But last year was my best and this year, if it continues for another 6 weeks, will be the worst actually.

•••
We are just starting out and people are talking about slowness. But there is definitely plenty of inventory, it is definitely not going away, and has not gone down over years.

•••
I am doing very well dunno whats up. And I plan the investment group to do even better in 2017

•••
I had a great start then sales really started to slow down in August..

•••
One of my keys is no matter what I never stop buying potential keyword phrases to sell and stick to dot coms. Then I park them and some while they sit earn XXX parking a year.

•••
One of my keys is no matter what I never stop buying potential keyword phrases to sell and stick to dot coms. Then I park them and some while they sit earn XXX parking a year.

You are still making money with parking in 2016?

I can't even get $0.01 with hundreds visits.. I decided to set sales pages instead and remove all the ads to avoid udrp and increase sales.

Last edited:
•••
Over the last few years HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of $$$ have been spent on new TLD domains.

If new TLDs had never been launched, ...
how much of that would been spent on aftermarket .COM domains?
How much would have been spent on aftermarket domains in other TLDs?

•••
Back